Online A-level Ancient History Tutors / A-level Ancient History Tuition
See Also: Show
- Jessica White Cricklewood, NW2
- Tom Spencer Putney, SW18
- Neil Smith PhD Whitley Bay, NE26
- Roisin Therese Central Edinburgh, EH3
- Dr Judith Rowbotham Holland Park, W8
- Adam Muckle Putney, SW15
- Rachel Friend Golders Green, NW11
- A Bell Richmond, TW11
- Jessica Guise Totteridge, N3
- Atticus Cox Imperial Wharf, SW10
- Déborah Natanson Southside, EH8
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Ancient History
- Personal Message
- I have very extensive experience of teaching in Classical Greek, Latin, and Ancient History, from beginners to very advanced, at primary, secondary, and tertiary levels, and a long record of successful private tutoring.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am available on Skype, Google Talk, or any other online video medium. I have considerable experience tutoring via Skype.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Classical Greek, Latin, Classical Civilisation, Ancient History, as well as Classical subjects generally, and essay-writing in particular.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a First class B.A. (Hons.) degree, and am an M.Phil. candidate, in Classical Greek, having majored in both Classical Greek and Latin.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have over ten years of quality experience in teaching the classical languages (Classical Greek and Latin), as well as ancient subjects more generally (chiefly Classical Civilisation and Ancient History).
- How much do you charge?
- My usual rate is £40/hour (which includes full-time, out-of-session assistance by email). Discretionary discounts may apply in certain special circumstances, so please do not hesitate to contact me to check whether they apply in your case.
- Where do you teach?
- I live in Chelsea and am willing to tutor from home (which happens to be in a very accessible location), and to travel to students' homes in the surrounding area, namely in Chelsea, Kensington, South Kensington, Battersea, Earl's Court, West Brompton, Fulham, Knightsbridge, Victoria, Pimlico, Croydon, Twickenham, Sutton, Kingston-on-Thames, as well as all areas of South East London, West Central London, and West London. I may be able to travel further, so please do not hesitate to enquire.
- When are you available?
- Weekdays preferred. Session times available on request. Please, again, do not hesitate to enquire.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have taught at all levels -- primary, secondary, and tertiary -- and am very willing and able to take on any and all students, whatever the level of competency. (See below.)
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- A levels; GCSE; KS3; Stanford Grade; Higher and University courses.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- The Kudos Foundation (http://kudos.org.au/).
- Where and with whom did you train?
- The University of Sydney; Macquarie University; The Centre for Continuing Education; High schools in the Sydney; currently teaching Latin and Class. Civ. at a prestigious Grammar School in London.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- To give some idea of my range of students: I have successfully taught, on the one hand, beginners' level Classical Greek to barristers and venture capitalists; and, on the other hand, beginners' Latin to a large group of seven-year-old homeschoolers. So all levels/competencies are most welcome. I have also taught extremely detailed Greek prose composition courses, and even Greek verse composition.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- If you would like to learn Classical Greek and/or Latin *extremely well*, but in a comfortable fashion -- I make everything (grammar, translation, &c.) as easy and relaxed as it can possibly be made, without stinting on the fine-detail -- then I would very much urge you to contact me.
Send a message to Atticus Cox
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more