Online A-level Ancient History Tutors / A-level Ancient History Tuition
See Also: Show
- Dr Judith Rowbotham Holland Park, W8
- Jessica White Cricklewood, NW2
- Jessica Guise Totteridge, N3
- Roisin Therese Central Edinburgh, EH3
- Atticus Cox Imperial Wharf, SW10
- Adam Muckle Putney, SW15
- Rachel Friend Golders Green, NW11
- A Bell Richmond, TW11
- Déborah Natanson Southside, EH8
- Tom Spencer Putney, SW18
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Ancient History
- Personal Message
- Hello! I'm Roisin and I'm passionate about Latin and Classics. No matter your age or what stage of your learning you are at, I look forward to working with you!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have previously used Skype for online sessions and this has proved successful. When working on coursework and written assignments, corresponding by email also is an option.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Latin (language and literature), Classical Studies and Ancient History.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA in Latin and Classical Civilisation (Joint Honours)
MA in Classics (Ancient Greek, Horace's Odes, Latin Epigraphy, Dissertation on performance and theatricality in the Cena Trimalchionis)
Diploma in Spoken Latin from Aestiva Romae Latinitas with Fr Reginald Foster
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been tutoring for over ten years, working with individuals and small groups. I have also in recent years done a lot of work in schools. I have taught Latin, Classical Civilisation and Ancient History in the classroom, as well as running after school Latin clubs.
I also have a project working to start up Classics departments in state schools which did not previously offer this as an option. This has included classroom teaching, targeted small group sessions for gifted and talented students, as well as training teachers to take over the running of the classes. I have taught students from age 8 until retirement age, including several with various special needs.
I have worked with students who are starting completely from scratch and devised whole curricula for them, as well as working to support pupils who are already studying Latin in school or university. I have also worked for shorter periods with students who need support in more intensive sessions in the run up to exams or university applications.
- How much do you charge?
- Prices vary depending on factors such as whether the student can travel to my home office or whether they require home tuition. Please contact me with details of your situation for an accurate quote.
- Where do you teach?
- I am based in Edinburgh and accepting students from all over the city.
- When are you available?
- My schedule is very flexible and I work Monday-Friday, and very occasionally weekends. I am also available over school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have experience of teaching students from age 8 up to retirement age, and am confident to teach all levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I have put students through GCSE and A Level, as well as preparing them for University. I have worked with university students, supporting them with their coursework and dissertations. I have also supported PGCE students in training to be Latin teachers.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes - as I currently work in schools and with vulnerable adults, I have a full enhanced DBS.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I have completed a Bachelors Degree in Latin and Classical Studies at University College Dublin. I also have a Masters in Classics from King's College London, where I studied Latin Epigraphy, Horace's Odes, and Ancient Greek. My dissertation was about the Roman novel and theatricality in the Cena Trimalchionis. In addition, I studied under Father Reginald Foster, former Papal Latinist in the Vatican City. I attended his course in spoken Latin in Rome.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- One student is an 8 year old I am teaching from scratch. Another is reading the Aeneid as a retirement project. Another student is currently working towards qualifying as a Latin teacher. One student has a provisional offer to Oxford to study Classics there. Another student who I took through GCSE has this year started at a private sixth form college on a Latin scholarship.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I don't subscribe to one particular way of doing things - instead I will try to work with you to find the way that works for you. I am genuinely passionate about my subject areas and hope I will be able to share that with you.
Send a message to Roisin Therese
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more