Online A-level Ancient History Tutors / A-level Ancient History Tuition
See Also: Show
- Atticus Cox Imperial Wharf, SW10
- Tom Spencer Putney, SW18
- Déborah Natanson Southside, EH8
- Jessica White Balham, SW12
- Mary-Jannet Leith Ravenscourt Park, W12
- Dr Judith Rowbotham Holland Park, W8
- A Bell Richmond, TW11
- Adam Muckle Putney, SW15
- Rachel Friend Golders Green, NW11
- Rod Freeman Winnersh, RG41
- Jessica Guise Totteridge, N3
- Roisin Therese Central Edinburgh, EH3
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Ancient History
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced and friendly tutor based in Hammersmith, central London, happy to take on more students in Latin, History, or Music. I would love to hear from you!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- In terms of online tutoring, I usually ask students to send me work by e-mail, which I can mark and return to them with suggestions. I also suggest that we use Skype to discuss pieces of work, particularly if the work is for A-level or University Standard.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Ancient History, Modern History, Latin, Classical Civilisation, and prepare students for University Entrance. I am also a professional musician, and teach Recorder and Historical Performance.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- My qualifications are as follows:
BA (Hons) in Ancient and Modern History from the University of Oxford (2006-2009) - First Class Honours
Master of Philosophy in Ancient History from the University of Oxford (2009-2011) - Distinction
Master of Performance in Historical Performance from the Royal College of Music (2011-2013) - Distinction
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 5 years' of tutoring experience both in Oxford and central London, and have been teaching some of my current students for over 3 years, taking them through GCSE all the way to the transition to University.
- How much do you charge?
- My hourly rate for GCSE level is £30, and £35 for A-level and University preparation, and for music tuition. For lessons at University level, I charge £40 per hour. I do not charge extra for travel unless the location for lessons is outside Zone 1-2 Central London.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to teach at my own home, and at students' homes within Central London generally, as long as the lesson is within 30-45 minutes of my home (by public transport).
- When are you available?
- My availability is flexible, as much of my work is freelance. I am currently available on week-day evenings:
Monday from 7.30pm
Tuesday from 5pm
Wednesday between 5 and 7pm
Thursday after 7pm
Friday from 5pm onwards
Sunday afternoons occasionally.
Outside school term, I am generally available during the day time for extra lessons/revision sessions in the lead up to exam seasons.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- In terms of academic tuition, I have taught a wide range of students from Year 8 to Sixth Form, and have prepared several students for University Entrance. I am very familiar with the University system in the UK, and can advise regarding entrance preparation, particularly applications to Oxford and Cambridge.
In terms of recorder tuition, I have taught several students (beginners to advanced) over the last few years aged 5 to 70!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Over the past few years, I have prepared students for GCSE Latin, Classical Civilisation, History, English, and for A-level History and English, and I am familiar with most English syllabuses, most particularly OCR.
In terms of recorder tuition, I have prepared students for ABRSM examinations from Grade 1-8, and am currently teaching a diploma-level student.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, Enhanced DBS, October 2013.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- ISM (Incorporated Society of Musicians).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently teaching GCSE Latin from scratch to a boy in Year 10; helping a girl in year 11 with GCSE Classical Civilisation. I am also providing more general humanities support to a family whom I have been teaching for several years - I have successfully helped their elder daughter achieve a place at the University of Warwick, and am now helping the younger daughter make decisions regarding University entrance, and also aiding with preparation for A levels. I am also working for another family in which the children are approaching GCSE level, and need some support in English and essay writing. In terms of music, I have two adult music students, and two younger recorder students of around Grade 2 and Grade 4 standard, who have had lessons with me from the beginning.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I thoroughly enjoy teaching, and strongly believe that one-to-one tutoring, whether or not for exam preparation, should not be a chore for either the teacher or the student. I take great joy in finding different ways to help my students improve their grades or feel more comfortable in their studies - I endeavour always to tailor my teaching style to the needs of each student. I find that best results are achieved when the student is committed and interested, and I feel I am able to convey my own enthusiasm for the subject to them.
Send a message to Mary-Jannet Leith
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more