Online A-level Ancient History Tutors / A-level Ancient History Tuition
|Rachel Friend||Golders Green, NW11|
|Roisin Therese||Colinton, EH10|
|Tom Spencer||Putney, SW18|
|Déborah Natanson||Southside, EH8|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||Holland Park, W8|
|A Bell||Richmond, TW11|
|Jessica Guise||Totteridge, N3|
|Adam Muckle||Putney, SW15|
|Atticus Cox||Imperial Wharf, SW10|
|Neil Smith PhD||Whitley Bay, NE26|
|Jessica White||Cricklewood, NW2|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Ancient History
- Personal Message
- If you find a subject hard in school you can benefit from private tuition. My approach is to tailor lessons to your needs and interests, and to help you understand the topic and learn to love it.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have Skype with a webcam, so lessons can be conducted as they would in the student's home. I also have web chat facilities for clarity of spelling and points of grammar, as well as for file-sharing to give and receive homework exercises and essays.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach French, Latin and Classical Civilisation/Ancient History.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have an undergraduate degree in Classics and Modern Languages from Oxford University (II.i) and a Master's degree in Ancient History also from Oxford University.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have seven years' experience of private tutoring at a range of levels, from Year 7 to undergraduate, in a wide variety of subjects.
The majority of my work is A-level tuition, in which I have helped candidates to achieve up to 100% in papers they had been worried about.
- How much do you charge?
- Individual lessons are £40/hour (plus £5 travel expenses where applicable).
- Where do you teach?
- I prefer to tutor online via Skype (with webcam and chat facilities), so you can benefit from tuition at a convenient time without having to leave your home. I can also travel to students' homes within reasonable distance.
- When are you available?
- My usual teaching day is Sunday. I am also available some weekday evenings, but with certain restrictions depending on my work timetable.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach GCSE, AS/A level, Oxbridge entrance and undergraduates. This is both in the form of hour-long lessons and checking homework/coursework.
I can also provide general language tuition without specific exam requirements.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently teaching beginner's, GCSE and A Level Latin, French and Classical Civilisation.
Send a message to Rachel Friend
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more