Online A-level Biology Tutors / A-level Biology Tuition
See Also: Show
- Linda Penney Sharnbrook, MK43
- Adrian Schmit Llantwit Major, CF61
- Nasim Golders Green, NW2
- Mr.Kanesalingam Goodmayes, IG3
- Carrie Garbow East Saltdean, BN2
- Dr Emma Morgan Trumpington, CB2
- Dr Margaret Nwagwu Wollaton, NG8
- S. Barton-King Turnpike Lane, N17
- Dr James Lambert Bayswater, W2
- Phillip Cuckston Lytchett Matravers, BH21
- Hellen Frost Greenhill, CT6
- D & A Tuition Chingford, E4
- Asmah Pimlico, SW1P
- P Walker Bassett, SO15
- Salma Siddiqui Tooting, SW16
- Ben Hanson Elland, HX5
- Frank15 Hampstead Garden Sub, NW11
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- Linda Powell West Bergholt, CO3
- Jessica Whitehead Westminster, SW1P
- David Gardner Summertown, OX2
- Mark Scates Noak Hill, RM3
- Dr Paul Kilkenny Bromley, BR1
- Peter Adey Walkden, M28
- Dr John Hudson Radlett, WD7
- Tom Whitburn - Biology tutor Winchester, SO23
- Dr Alice Crawford Hainault, IG8
- Jon Clark Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- Gemma Shearer Thornton, BD15
- Natasha Tiwari Fulham, SW6
- Becky Heavitree, EX2
- Camilla Otaki at Otaki Tuition River, ME1
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Tim the Tutor East Grinstead, RH19
- Matthew Barnes Biology Tutor St. Margaret's, OX2
- Bea Tamizi Letchworth Garden City, SG6
- Adam Willis Fladbury, WR10
- Sowmya Kennington, SE1
- David Allerton Brockley, SE4
- Dr Perpetua Neo Wish, BN3
- Jonathan Bell Wadhurst, TN5
- Bella Rocca Northfield, W5
- Dr M A Choudhry Hammersmith, W6
- Emma Mines King's Hedges, CB4
- Dr Martine Hooper Foxhills, KT16
- Waqar Haymill, SL1
- Rebecca Hutchinson Surbiton, KT5
- MR S A Y ALI Private Tuition Central Birmingham, B6
- Nasia Plaistow, E6
- Lyndsay Baker Banbury, OX16
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Biology
- Personal Message
- I'm amazing at helping other people be amazing!!!
My aim is to increase everyone's understanding of everything!!!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I've given several lessons by Skype, and I'm more than willing to do more.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I tutor the three main subjects that people seem to want tutoring in; Maths, Science and English. (Actually it's five subjects if you break the Science down into Biology, Chemistry and Physics.)
My students find it very useful that I can potentially cover a different subject each week, or I can do two hours a week and cover a different subject in each hour.
This obviously makes it much easier for the parents too, because they don't have to find a separate tutor for each subject, or leave their child without the valuable one-to-one support in any of the core subjects.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Effective Education Centre - East Grinstead - 2007
* Teaching Modern Phonics - Pass
* Study Remedies Course - Pass
COSRECI - Plymouth - 2001-2012
* The Technology of Study - Pass
* Basic Study Manual - Pass
* Components of Understanding - Pass
* Communication - Pass
* Personal Efficiency - Pass
Southampton University - 1995-1998
* BSc. Degree - Psychology - 3rd
* 1 Unit - French - Pass
Welbeck College - Worksop - 1993-1994
* A Level - General Studies - A
* A Level - Chemistry - B
* A Level - Physics - B
* A Level - Maths - C
Oakwood Park Grammar - Maidstone - 1989-1992
* GCSE - French - A
* GCSE - Maths - A
* GCSE - Physics - A
* GCSE - English Language - B
* GCSE - English Literature - B
* GCSE - Chemistry - B
* GCSE - Biology - B
* GCSE - Electronics - B
* GCSE - History - C
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I trained as a tutor at the Effective Education Centre (EEC) in East Grinstead in 2007, and since then, I've been tutoring Maths, Science and English, both at the EEC and privately, for ages 5 to 50. However, I mostly help teenagers with their SATs, GCSEs and A Levels.
I started off just tutoring GCSEs, but due to the great demand for A Level tutoring, I revised (by tutoring myself in) the subjects I did for A Level and started tutoring them too. I can now get better grades in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology A Level exams than I could get when I was at school. This shows what a great tutor I am!
- How much do you charge?
- I generally charge £30 per hour for 13+ GCSE and A Level, but £25 per hour for anything below that.
I do sometimes give discounts for multiple students or more than one hour at a time or large advance bookings, but the size of the discount just depends on how I'm feeling that day... So ask me and we'll see what we can work out.
Also, if I have to travel a long way to get to you, I might charge extra for that.
- Where do you teach?
- I can either tutor students:
in my home on London Road in East Grinstead,
or at a tutoring centre that I work at in Smallfield,
or I can see students in their own home if it's not too far.
I generally cycle to my students, and I'm prepared to travel about half an hour between students, which is about five miles or so. That covers places like Turners Hill, Crawley Down, Copthorne, Smallfield, Lingfield, Dormansland, Ashurst Wood, Forest Row and Sharpthorne.
- When are you available?
- I am available most of the time... unless I'm doing something else.
I don't teach at a school, which means I can (and do) work with home-schooled children.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I've tutored students from about age 5 to 50. However, I mostly help students between 10 and 20 with their A Levels, GCSEs, 13+, 11+ and SATs.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I mostly help teenagers with their A Levels, GCSEs, 13+, 11+ and SATs.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a full, enhanced DBS check from 2012, with "None recorded" written in each section.
Send a message to Tim the Tutor
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more