Online A-level Biology Tutors / A-level Biology Tuition
See Also: Show
- Dr Margaret Nwagwu Wollaton, NG8
- Adam Willis Fladbury, WR10
- Gemma Shearer Thornton, BD15
- MR S A Y ALI Private Tuition Central Birmingham, B6
- Salma Siddiqui Tooting, SW16
- Linda Powell West Bergholt, CO3
- Carrie Garbow East Saltdean, BN2
- Frank15 Hampstead Garden Sub, NW11
- Peter Adey Walkden, M28
- Tom Whitburn - Biology tutor Winchester, SO23
- Phillip Cuckston Lytchett Matravers, BH21
- P Walker Bassett, SO15
- Dr Martine Hooper Foxhills, KT16
- Jon Clark Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- Becky Heavitree, EX2
- Dr John Hudson Radlett, WD7
- Dr M A Choudhry Hammersmith, W6
- Natasha Tiwari Fulham, SW6
- Tim the Tutor East Grinstead, RH19
- Adrian Schmit Llantwit Major, CF61
- Ben Hanson Halifax, HX5
- David Allerton Brockley, SE4
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- Asmah Pimlico, SW1P
- S. Barton-King Turnpike Lane, N17
- Dr James Lambert Bayswater, W2
- Linda Penney Sharnbrook, MK43
- Dr Paul Kilkenny Bromley, BR1
- Dr Alice Crawford Hainault, IG8
- Dr Perpetua Neo Wish, BN3
- Rebecca Hutchinson Surbiton, KT5
- Lyndsay Baker Banbury, OX16
- Camilla Otaki at Otaki Tuition River, ME1
- Jessica Whitehead Westminster, SW1P
- David Gardner Summertown, OX2
- Sowmya Kennington, SE1
- Bella Rocca Northfield, W5
- Waqar Haymill, SL1
- Matthew Barnes Biology Tutor St. Margaret's, OX2
- Dr Emma Morgan Trumpington, CB2
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Hellen Frost Greenhill, CT6
- Bea Tamizi Letchworth Garden City, SG6
- Emma Mines King's Hedges, CB4
- Nasia Plaistow, E6
- Mr.Kanesalingam Goodmayes, IG3
- Nasim Golders Green, NW2
- D & A Tuition Chingford, E4
- Jonathan Bell Wadhurst, TN5
- Mark Scates Noak Hill, RM3
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Biology
Natasha Tiwari Gold Member
- Fulham (SW6) View on map
- Last Logged In: 28 May 2015
- Sex: Female
- Web site: www.thetutoringteam.co.uk
- Can Travel To: Ashford, Camden, Canterbury, City of London, Kensington and Chelsea, Maidstone, Medway, Sevenoaks, Tunbridge Wells, Westminster
- Personal Message
- I am a full-time educationalist; I enable my students to fulfill their potential, by tailoring tutorials to suit individual learning styles. I aim to build my students' confidence and to inspire a natural curiosity. I have bases in Kent and London.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I use Skype and a specific online learning platform for online tutorials. I believe this to be superior to simply using Skype.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Following a varied education myself- combined with years of experience working in education- I have come to tutor a wide array of subjects.
KS1 and KS2 tutoring across all curricula subjects- English, Maths, Sciences and Languages.
11+ and 13+; Common entrance all round prep.
I have helped students win places at the following schools: London and Kent Grammar schools; and Independent Schools including Eton, Harrow, Radley, Dulwich, Whitgift, Wellington, Westminster, Francis Holland, St Pauls (Boys and Girls), Alleyns, City of London (Boys and Girls), Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Queens College, Queens Gate, Haberdashers, Harrodian, Kings School etc
My pass rate to date is 100% (39 students of varying ability and skill). I have also successfully prepared students for scholarship exams at Eton, Harrow, Winchester, Westminster and Sevenoaks.
GCSE and iGCSE: Maths, English, Science, History and Languages.
IB and A Level: Psychology, Government and Politics, Economics, Biology and general essay writing.
University Entrance: UCAS Personal Statement writing; Oxbridge applications and interview preparation.
I tutor Undergraduate level Psychology, Sociology and Politics.
I also take great pleasure in my role at The Tutoring Team, a tutoring organisation encompassing high quality tutors who teach a wide array of subjects and at all levels. As such, if there is a subject I cannot cover, I am able to recommend a colleague.
As part of my undergraduate degree, reading Psychology, in my final year of study I immersed myself into learning about memory, mathematical cognition and educational psychology. This training, combined with my years of experience in teaching and tutoring, has enabled me to provide educational consulting services alongside tutoring services. This can include educational assessments, winning school entry, advising on school admissions, supporting students with memory optimisation and motivation.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- In school I achieved 4As and 1B (before A*s were introduced) across 5 A Level subjects. In 19 out of 30 of those units examined, I achieved 100%- putting my scores in the top 1% of all students to sit those exams.
I went on to complete a BSc Hons in Psychology at University College London (recently named the 4th best university in the world).
Following this, I joined the prestigious 'Teach First' programme, completed my PGCE teacher training and went on to work as a humanities teacher at a school in St Johns Wood, London.
I later went back to University College London to study for a Masters in Politics, Security and Integration; through which I read modules in Politics, History, Economics and Slavic languages (specifically learning Czech).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- School entrance exams: I tutor across a range of subjects. I have mentored a number of children through their eleven plus exams and thirteen plus exams, for a number of top grammar and independent schools, with a 100% success rate (39 students). I am also experienced in helping students to win scholarships (with experience successfully preparing students for the Harrow, Eton, Westminster, Wellington, Sevenoaks and Winchester exams). I feel that preparing for such exams can be a stressful process for the family and student - and as such have developed a method which supports students in progressing at a fast pace, whilst still enjoying themselves.
GCSE, iGCSE, A2, IB: I have also tutored students at GCSE and A Level/ IB/ Cambridge Pre U level, most often when there has been a need to help a student bump their grades up, quickly.
I also worked as a school teacher for children aged 11 to 19 and so have experience of working with students who are of different ages and possess different learning styles.
I have had experience with learners who experience various SEN, including autism, dyspraxia, dyslexia and ADHD. I also work with Gifted and Talented students, supporting them in reaching the heights of their potential in a fun and supportive environment.
The combination of having tutored and taught a vast number of students has lead to my familiarity with all kinds of learning styles. As a consequence, the GCSE and A Level students I have worked with have achieved grades, on average, 2/3 higher than that predicted, following tutorials; with some as much as 4 grades. I focus on building confidence, understanding and exam strategy- a winning combination.
I have tutored both in the UK and internationally, with a range of families, including high profile clients such as royal families and famous personalities.
- How much do you charge?
- Rates are dependent on the tutoring assignment and are available upon request. Standard rates are £25 for all levels below GCSE, and £30 for GCSE and above. This may vary to account for work that needs to be completed between tutorials and potentially travel too, but this would be discussed before tuition commenced.
I do tutor groups of children together (often when children are all preparing for the same exam or are working at a similar level; e.g. 11+ or a particular GCSE or A Level); in such circumstances, a group fee is set and agreed upon before tutorials begin.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in Kent and London. I have also travelled to clients internationally; in Europe, Asia and Africa.
- When are you available?
- I am available for tutorials throughout the week, including school holidays, by appointment. Where not available at a time which suits you, I can recommend a colleague who is.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach from preschool age through to graduate level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- School entrance exams, including 7+, 11+, 13+; GCSEs; AS and A2; IB; Cambridge Pre U; Extended projects etc.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I do possess an up to date full CRB disclosure certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I completed my teacher training with City University and Canterbury Christ Church University.
My undergraduate and postgraduate honours degrees are from University College London (recently named 4th best university in the world).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current students include:
9+, 11+ and 13+ students for both independent and grammar schools;
GCSE/iGCSE students(covering: Sciences, Maths, English, Spanish, French, History);
A Level and IB students (Psychology, Politics, Economics, Biology, (Languages, Maths, Chemistry-joint tutored));
Undergraduate students(Psychology, Public Policy, International Relations).
Send a message to Natasha Tiwari
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more