Online A-level Business Studies Tutors / A-level Business Studies Tuition
|Anisha Thomas||Earl's Court, W85|
|Philip Goldney||Southbourne, BH6|
|Dr Kiran Kamat||Northfield, W5|
|Joshua Tutor||Greenhill, HA2|
|Dr Martine Hooper||Foxhills, KT16|
|Phil Richardson||Lytchett Minster, BH21|
|Kamal G||Yiewsley, UB7|
|Basit Kirmani, MA (Cambridge)||Camden Town, NW1|
|Bob Carroll||Central Bristol, BS15|
|Andrew Freer||Erdington, B73|
|Mr Rugless||Beckenham, BR2|
|Soheb Alam||Ponders End, EN3|
|Nnenna A||Ilford, IG1|
|Mike Dowling||Harling, IP22|
|Hasina Begum||Central Birmingham, B9|
|Francis Cubitt||Newbury, RG14|
|Shafiq Fakir||West End, W1U|
|Tom Haggerty||Boroughbridge, YO51|
|Veronica Pereira||Hounslow, TW3|
|Helen McMahon BA Hons||West Drayton, UB7|
|Robert Denison||Heaton, NE6|
|Emmanuel Aluko, CFA, MBA, MSc||Camden Town, NW1|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Business Studies
- Personal Message
- An A level examiner for AQA and OCR, I specalise in only two (related) subjects, Business Studies and Economics.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- ALL my tutoring is done online, using an advanced teaching platform. You have your own virtual classroom with whiteboard, document swapping and audio and video links.
What will you need? A peaceful place to work, a PC or Mac with a simple headset (to reduce feedback noise), a Skype address and a reliable net connection.
Our first tutorial is free of charge in case you find you don't like working online! We would discuss what you want to achieve and work out a draft timetable.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Business Studies and Economics at GCSE and A level, and BTEC Business Studies Levels 2 and 3.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
PGCE, Inst of Education, London University
BA, Oxford University
3 A levels, 8 O levels, Harrow School
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I tutor full-time - online only - after three years training myself while gradually reducing my school timetable and testing Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) platforms to find which offers greatest ease-of-use.
This follows 14 years teaching Business and Economics at a large school where I was the KS5 Coordinator (in charge of A level) for these subjects. As a 6th Form tutor I advised many students on University applications. I have also taught other subjects to younger year-groups.
I managed many other related activities such as Enterprise Education, Dragons' Den competitions, my school group in Vodafone's 'Take a Chance' programm, the school Yearbook - produced completely by students for profit - and the school's sailing club.
Before that? From reading History at Oxford I went in to construction project management in UK and abroad. I was developing very large energy projects in S-E Asia when the 1997-8 financial crisis in that region encouraged a career change.
- How much do you charge?
- A Level £39 per hour. GCSE £34 per hour
I ask for payment in advance for each set of 4 lessons, and prefer bank transfer as a quick and easy means of payment.
- Where do you teach?
- In your home and mine at the same time, anywhere in the world.
- When are you available?
- Monday to Saturday during school terms and holidays
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- GCSE, A level and BTEC levels 1 to 3. I have been a form tutor from Y7 to Y13, and taught other subjects in KS3. If you would like to know more, please contact me.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Enhanced DBS, 22 January 2015
Parents are encouraged to observe or join in as they wish. During lessons we communicate using online voice and video links. When I exchange emails or messages directly with my student I always copy parents in.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- The Tutors Association
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Institute of Education, London University
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Every student's needs are different. I have tutored a wide range; from a home-schooled student following a complete A level course to one wanting an hour a fortnight to improve exam performance. Their locations have ranged from a couple of miles away to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Check my entry on ratemyteacher.com. It's a risk, as once in a while some unhappy anonymous student wants to rant; but last time I looked I was pleasantly surprised.
Send a message to Francis Cubitt
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more