Online A-level Business Studies Tutors / A-level Business Studies Tuition
|Hasina Begum||Central Birmingham, B9|
|Andrew Freer||Erdington, B73|
|Philip Goldney||Southbourne, BH6|
|Phil Richardson||Lytchett Minster, BH21|
|Mr Rugless||Beckenham, BR2|
|Bob Carroll||Central Bristol, BS15|
|Soheb Alam||Ponders End, EN3|
|Joshua Tutor||Greenhill, HA2|
|Nnenna A||Ilford, IG1|
|Mike Dowling||Harling, IP22|
|Dr Martine Hooper||Foxhills, KT16|
|Anna Kendrick||Nantmel, LD1|
|Peter Adey||Walkden, M28|
|Robert Denison||Heaton, NE6|
|Basit Kirmani, MA (Cambridge)||Camden Town, NW1|
|Emmanuel Aluko, CFA, MBA, MSc||Camden Town, NW1|
|Francis Cubitt||Newbury, RG14|
|Veronica Pereira||Hounslow, TW3|
|Helen McMahon BA Hons||West Drayton, UB7|
|Kamal G||Yiewsley, UB7|
|Shafiq Fakir||West End, W1U|
|Dr Kiran Kamat||Northfield, W5|
|Anisha Thomas||Earl's Court, W85|
|Tom Haggerty||Boroughbridge, YO51|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Business Studies
- Personal Message
- I am a graduate in BSc Accounting and Finance and having benefited from a very good private education tutor an opportunity to use my talents to help others toward maximising their full potential and chances of success in any future endeavours.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Business Related Subjects
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- London School of Economics (External Programme)
BSc Accounting and Finance – 2:1 Honours Degree
A- Levels (340 UCAS)
Religious Studies B
5A* 2A 2B including Mathematics and English
STC(F) fully qualified swimming teacher (4 years experience)
I will be completing MSc Economics starting September 2015
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been a Mathematics and Economics tutor for 4 years in this time my reliability and skill has enabled me to develop a good reputation which has allowed me to have a consistent base of 12 - 16 students on a weekly basis.
At degree level I have taught Macro and Micro Economics to students attending Russell Group Universities, this year I helped an international student from Ukraine achieve over 70% in both Macro and Micro Economics at Queen Mary University.
I have taught A-Level Economics across Edexcel, AQA and OCR syllabuses with equal success. I have never had a student score below a B grade in any exam and I have had many students progress from D and C grades at AS- Level to A grades at A2 Level. I have also had several students score over 90% in modules. This academic year I had a student who scored a C grade at AS eventually achieve an A grade at A2 with a remarkable 97% in Unit 1, 99% in Unit 2 and 100% in Unit 3.
I have taught Mathematics at A-Level, GCSE, 16+ and 11+ common entrance levels and covered AQA, Edexcel and iGCSE exam boards. I have helped students gain coveted places at top independent schools, at 16+ level I have had students admitted to Eltham College and at the 11+ level I have had students admitted to Eltham College and Bromley High in the last 2 years. I have also help students improve from as low as C grades at GCSE to A grades, however my most notable success this year came when I helped an AS Maths student who scored a D grade in January achieve a B grade in May with an impressive 84% in C1.
I have also been a swimming instructor 2009 and have been very successful at motivating pupils to achieve remarkable progress.
- How much do you charge?
- £10 extra is charged for travelling over 6 miles.
- Where do you teach?
- I will travel to the tutee's premises
I also have access to offices in Oxford Street (London) at additional costs
- When are you available?
- Week days and Week-ends - Daytimes and Evening
Available through all school holidays
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Any age from 10+
All levels up to university level
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
BSc and BA degrees
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- As a swimming instructor I have an Enhanced CRB certificate
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- We can conduct sessions via Skype, I have a webcam, a microphone and a whiteboard which mean sessions can be very interactive.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- STA - Swim Teachers Association
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have just finished tutoring three A2 Level students who did poorly in their first year at college, all have said that after our sessions they felt much more knowledgeable and capable in Economics, they also said they felt very prepared for their exams and better knew what was expected from them in examinations. These students had great success in this year’s A- Level results, the most remarkable being a male student who improved from an E at AS- level to an A at A2 level.
I currently tutor three GCSE students who I have been tutoring for roughly 1 year, during this year all have made a lot of progress in developing essential mathematical skills and some have begun to develop a genuine interest in mathematics. All parents received very positive reports from Math teachers at their last parents' evening, I am also hopeful that two students in particular will be able to take their GCSE one year early and achieve top grades.
Additionally I tutor one home schooled year 8 student on a weekly basis; we do 2hours of Mathematics and 1hour of Economics. We have been doing weekly sessions for roughly one year and she has made a lot of progress and has shown herself capable of doing GCSE standard questions. The sessions have also allowed me to identify where she struggles with her learning and put forward suggestions to her parents which will help her overcome these obstacles.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Learning new things can be difficult sometimes but with effort and attention the highest achievements are ALWAYS possible, never doubt your ability to understand something simply question the way it was explained to you and lastly learning is an ongoing process over many years do not let a slight misunderstanding turn into an obstacle accept help, listen, ask questions and turn weaknesses into strengths.
Send a message to Mr Rugless
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more