A-level English Tuition in Islington (Angel, Highbury, Holloway, Finsbury Park, Canonbury)
Tutors in Islington
Tutors travelling to Islington
- David Ralfe Brixton, SW2
- Dr Seraphin Bloomsbury, WC1H
- Louise Laing Finchley Central, N3
- Carol Robinson Stoke Newington, N16
- Peta Cornish Cricklewood, NW2
- Ed Martineau Farringdon, WC2
- LauraB Clapton, N15
- Ruth Mitchell Bow, E3
- Abigail Williams Tottenham Green, N17
- Tom Secretan Oval, SW9
- Helen Duff Clapton, N16
- Hannah Knight Harringay, N4
- Thomas R Williams Balham, SW12
- Max Churcher Alexandra Palace, N11
- Sara Cottingham Stoke Newington, N16
- Hannah Moss Crouch End, N8
- Eleanor91 Shoreditch, N1
- Richard Davis Fulham, SW6
- Joan Iyiola Clapton, E5
- Jo Robinson Bloomsbury, WC1N
- Cheryl Gallacher Stoke Newington, E5
- Nigel Singh Frognal, NW3
- Sam Berkson Homerton, E5
- Milly Reilly Bloomsbury, NW1
- Liliane Bounds Green, N11
- Violet Shoreditch, E2
- Amber Armitage Stoke Newington, N5
- Dr. Chin Stoke Newington, N4
- DevawnWilkinson Chelsea, SW3
Interested in online tuition for A-level English?Online A-level English Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level English
- Personal Message
- Are you struggling with your GCSE controlled assessments? Do you need those extra tenses or expressions which will turn your work from a B into an A? Are you struggling with your A-Levels? Through my work in schools, as well as tutoring, I can help!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Spanish: adults and all key stages.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA (hons) Linguistics and English literature (Complutense University-Madrid)
MA in Modern and Contemporary Literature, Culture and Thought (Sussex University)
QTS (Teacher Reference Number: 1380246)
PhD post at Sussex University commencing September 2015
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Ten years of experience as a private tutor teaching EFL and Spanish all levels:
Current post of Language teaching assistant at Newstead Wood Grammar School in Kent and Blackheath high school for girls in South London.
Placement acquired at SEK ‘El Castillo’ educational institution (Madrid, España).
Foreign language assistant and boarding tutor at St. Leonards Mayfield School for girls (Mayfield, East Sussex, U.K)
Foreign language assistant at The Ravensbourne School (Bromley U.K.)
Teacher of English at CEIN (Language and Business European Centre) (Toledo, Spain)
- How much do you charge?
- First private session free.
Prices vary depending on age group minimum 20 maximum 30.
- Where do you teach?
- I normally travel to the student's house. Also I am allowed to used Blackheath high school facilities for students living in the area or surrounding areas.
- When are you available?
- After school evenings from five to nine Monday-Friday. School holidays included (except for Christmast holidays)
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All key stages levels and ages.
French KS3 KS4
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Edexcel, Wjec, AQA, OCR, International Baccalaureate, Ab initio.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I hold an updated DBS as required for the schools I work for.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Skype tutoring available especially for students who need advice and need controlled assessments marked and Spanish conversation.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I work at Newstead Wood School and Blackheath School for girls
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Postgraduate on secondary education (teaching English as a second language) at Universidad Camilo José Cela (Madrid, Spain). First Class.
Courses: Psychology of Personality, Sociology of Education, Educative Organization, IT applied to teaching, Educational Research. Placement acquired at SEK ‘El Castillo’ educational institution (Madrid, España).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Hannah Edmons is a retired French and German teacher who decided to take her A-levels last year. She afforded an A and we continue working together, I am preparing her for A2 Spanish (AQA) and she is aiming for an A*
I have tutored Myfanwy Worman for two years already, she is now taking her Spanish GCSE. I am now friends with the family and we´ve built a good relationship in the past two years which makes lessons pleasant and rewarding.
I have tutored Mia Meilhuish on Skype for two years already, she is a superb student so I help her with those idioms, tenses and vocabulary needed to get the A*.
“Julia has made me enjoy Spanish and I hope to continue speaking the language at university. Thanks Julia for being such a friendly tutor - I couldn't have got my A without you!” Sophie W. (AS student)
“Julia has excellent academic qualifications; she is reliable, well-organised and interested in her subject; she is a good communicator. Julia is a first-class tutor and we recommend her without reservation.” Jeremy W.
"Both Aziz and Noor have found you to be excellent. You have your students best interests at heart and you prepare for your lessons with such commitment." Nessa I.
"We have been so grateful for Julia's help. She has been very professional, a joy to have visiting and she has helped Mia admirably. She quickly assessed Mia's knowledge and adjusted the lesson content to suit her. Julia has given Mia the confidence to join a new class above her previous ability.” Joanna M.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I love teaching and I am enthusiastic with each of my students. I qualified as a teacher and what Ireally enjoy is focusing on each of the individual needs of my students and that is why I chose tutoring. I try to create a relaxing learning enviroment and lessons that can be enjoyable and productive at the same time. I am a linguist and I have been passionate of languages since I was in primary school.
Send a message to Julia Gomez
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more