A-level English Tuition in Leeds, Otley, Pudsey, Horsforth and Guiseley
Tutors in Leeds
- Sara Marks Moortown, LS17
Tutors travelling to Leeds
- Sorry no tutors found
Interested in online tuition for A-level English?Online A-level English Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level English
- Personal Message
- Private tutor of almost 15 years, tutoring French and English to degree level and Maths to Foundation GCSE level. Also help with pronunciation of English and EFL, qualified with a Cambridge CELTA certificate, and PTLLS. I specialise in 11+ as well.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English, French and Maths and English as a Foreign Language. All university subjects and social science, I can assist foreign students with English essay writing or English students with essay writing.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a degree in French and European Studies from Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London, and studied English, Spanish and Linguistics on my degree for which I attained a 2:1. I have a Postgraduate Diploma in Information Management in the Cultural Sector so I am a qualified Librarian and Information officer. I gained a Merit for this course. I am a qualified EFL and ESOL teacher, with a Cambridge CELTA certificate, and PTLLS.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 15 years' experience of teaching one to one and in small groups in English, French and Maths and English as a Foreign Language . I worked as a teaching assistant for two years, in two different schools both in this country and abroad. Also, I run a homework club every week for girls aged 7-11 in line with the new National Curriculum requirements, I ran a few summer camps, and a summer school including teaching EFL and helping with English and Maths. As well as this I worked as an English Expert raising the grades of children who were failing in their English GCSE. I am currently running a homework club in Leeds, and I volunteered last year in a local primary school and I am returning to that.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £22 an hour. If its very far an extra £5.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home in Alwoodley in Leeds. I am available immediately- weekday afternoons/evenings and Sundays. In the days in the week I will travel to Leeds City, Harrogate, and surrounding areas to teach in cafes or libraries or at a student's home if appropriate.
- When are you available?
- I am available during the day in the week, and on selected Sundays. Also some evenings, and throughout certain school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach from 3-adult in English and French, and 3-Foundation GCSE (any age) in Maths. I also teach English as a foreign language (all levels) to adults and children.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- SATs, 11+, 13+, GCSE and A level
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have one.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can tutor online, I have a fast broadband connection on Skype. I am teaching English as a Foreign Language to a Ukrainian lady who is advanced, and also taught English GCSE to four students in London and I have taught EFL to French and Belgians
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Harrow College, QMW, City University
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have recently tutored two separate students for 11+ for Maths, English and Verbal Reasoning and Non Verbal Reasoning. I did this intensively over the summer and they were pleased with their tuition and felt their exams went well. They both got into the schools that they wanted to get into. I am also currently teaching GCSE English for some students including those who will be taking the new GCSE in 2017, so I am keeping up to date with current developments. I am teaching a Phd student for intermediate French with excellent results and have recommended excellent resources for her. As well as this I am teaching an 8 year old boy for French and he has improved immensely. My English as a Foreign Language tuition has included a Hungarian girl, and a Chinese girl as well as other nationalities.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am a patient, motivated, kind, understanding individual who can help you improve your level. Tried and tested techniques, and lots of ideas and creativity.
Send a message to Sara Marks
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more