Online A-level Geography Tutors / A-level Geography Tuition
See Also: Show
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Geography
- Personal Message
- I am a very experienced secondary school teacher of mainly A2 & AS/ IB/ GCSE /KS3 GEOGRAPHY. My second academic subject is Maths but have also taught English - both of these subjects to GCSE Level.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am now tutoring on-line via Skype with a web cam at home. If tutoring on-line I can tutor anywhere in the UK or abroad. I am especially interested in tutoring IB Geography world wide. I offer of a free introductory Skype lesson for on-line tutees in order to sort out all the details of their tutoring; times & dates for tutoring; payment; how the tutee wishes to proceed; and to initially meet the new tutee. I have also worked as an on-line tutor for 'Tute'.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I am a GEOGRAPHY teacher at A2/AS/GCSE/KS3 level. I have also taught Higher and Standard Grade Geography in Scotland. In addition I have taught GCSE Humanities and GCSE & A Level Travel & Tourism. I can also offer (and have taught) GCSE MATHS and GCSE ENGLISH. I can also teach these two subjects at Key Stage 3. I could also offer AS Maths, mainly Core Aspects only.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Teacher's Certificate (1964 - 1967) (Geography & Maths) - St. John's College , York; B. Ed (Hons.) Leeds University.
1979. Geography & Education;
incomplete M. Ed. - Birmingham University (1983 - 1986);
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 40+ years experience as a secondary school teacher. I have taught in England, Scotland (1 year), the Middle East/Arab World (2.5 years) and Caribbean (6 years).
I have been a Geography Examiner for the International Baccalaureate for the past 17 years. I currently mark the IB Higher Geography Exam Paper 2. I am also currently, a Geography Examiner for AQA A2 Geography PAPER 3 and have been an AQA A2 Examiner of Paper 3 for the past five years. In addition I was also an Examiner for AQA A2 Geography PAPER 4B until 2013, when January A Level exams were abolished.
- How much do you charge?
- Depends upon the academic level of the subject - between £26 and £32 per hour. (A2/IB = £32 per hour; AS = £30 per hour; GCSE/ ISEB 13 + SCHOLARSHIP = £28 per hour; & Key Stage 3/ ISEB 13+ = £ 26 per hour). I may also charge a one lesson set-up initial fee only, depending upon how much administration and research is involved for me. I charge 45p per mile over any return car journey exceeding 25 miles from my home. If the return journey is over 35 miles in total, then I will only consider private lessons of 2 hours duration - or alternately lessons on Skype. If a client would like more than one tutee taught per hour's lesson at the same time, then half-price charge will be the price for each additional student, up to a maximum of 4 tutees at one time. In addition, if a student requests me to mark extra exam questions, outside of tutorial homework tasks set by me, then I will request a charge £5 per exam question at A2/AS /IB/GCSE level.
- Where do you teach?
- I have been tutoring students one-to-one in Maths, English & but mainly Geography privately in the local area (in Milton Keynes, Olney) for the past SIX years. I visit and teach students one-to-one in their own homes. I am also now tutoring students on line via Skype and I have tutored on-line for Tute in the past. In the last four years I have tutored on-line via Skype: an AQA GCSE Geography student who lives in Prestwich, Manchester; an OCR AS Geography student who lives in Harrow; an AQA AS Geography student that lives in Cambridge; four separate ISEB 13+ Geography students who live in Wembley; Stanmore, Middlesex; Westminster; & Colchester. In 2013 I tutored on-line an IB Higher Geography Dutch student who lives in Mexico City and another IB Danish student who lives in Cobham , Surrey. Both attended International Schools. This year (2015) I tutored on-line an A2 Edexcel Geography tutee who lives in Shanghai. In 2014 I tutored AQA A2 Geography students on-line via Skype who live in: Bradford; Hounslow and Blairgowrie. In 2014 - 2015 I tutored on Skype A2 & AS Geography students who live in Shanghai; Aylesbury; Hong Kong; Hounslow; Croydon; Colchester; & Lewisham, in additional to local tutees.
- When are you available?
- I am available most times during the week up to 19.00. - any time during the day on Wednesday & Thursdays: Mondays to Fridays between 15. 00 and 19. 00. NOT weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- From Year 8 (age 13 ) up to A Level up to 18, even older.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- listed above - depends upon the subject being tutored.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have an up-to date DBS/CRB check. My most recent DBS check is:
Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Criminal Record Certificate;
Dated: 26 September, 2014.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Lapsed member of the 'Geographical Association'. Member of the NASUWT. I was Registered with the General Teaching Council for England, when it existed.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- see above in qualifications - based in York.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- In 2015, up to the exam period, I tutored two 15 year olds in GCSE MATHS; two ISEB 13+ Scholarship Geography students via Skype; one 15 year old local student (Year 11) GCSE GEOGRAPHY; NINE separate 16 - 18 year olds AS and/or A2 GEOGRAPHY (for AQA, Edexcel), six on-line via Skype; & one student Key Stage 3 Geography.
In the past I have also tutored students for AS & A2 GEOGRAPHY; GCSE GEOGRAPHY; INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE HIGHER PAPER IN GEOGRAPHY; ISEB 13+ SCHOLARSHIP GEOGRAPHY; KEY STAGE 3 GEOGRAPHY; KEY STAGE 3 MATHS; KEY STAGE 3 ENGLISH; & GCSE MATHS.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- As mainly a tutor of Geography, I have been successful in helping tutees improve their A2/AS/IB/ISEB & GCSE Geography grades and exam skills, as well as guiding and improving basic Maths & English grades at Key Stage 3 & GCSE.
Send a message to Mr. David Poupart
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more