Online A-level German Tutors / A-level German Tuition
See Also: Show
- Dr. Anne Raabe Central Brighton, BN1
- Birgit Piegeler-Hughes Wellington, TA21
- Julia Underwood Tattenhoe, MK4
- Kathy Pike Salisbury, SP1
- A Bell Richmond, TW11
- Lingua Genesis Ltd Central Sheffield, S11
- Howard Stephens Llanwern, NP26
- Ina Brachmann MA Central Birmingham, B15
- Isabella Nicholls Knaphill, GU21
- Benjamin Maeurer Richmond, TW10
- Tom Adams Topsham, EX2
- Reet Järvik (Mrs) Long Eaton, NG10
- Helen White (Kaut) Rhiwbina, CF14
- Marie Schreer Archway, N4
- Daniel Martin Wimbledon Park, SW18
- Tim Strauss Preston Park, BN1
- Nora Blackheath, SE10
- Monika Key Coombe Wood, KT2
- Aisha Rafique Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- Martina Brierly Norbiton, KT5
- Ulrich Westbourne, BN3
- Inga Lincke Tonbridge, TN9
- Brian Pickering Romsey, SO51
- Johannes Kramer Sloane Square, SW7
- Teresa Kennedy-Jones Regent's Park, NW1
- Gabriele Trinczek Winchmore Hill, N13
- Aly Knightsbridge, SW7
- Chris Heaven Pennsylvania, EX4
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level German
- Personal Message
- I am patient and gentle but have high expectations and will stretch you to reach your potential. I enjoy sharing my enthusiasm and believe that everyone can learn a language to a very high standard.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I teach German at all levels via Skype - please ask for details.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I excel at preparing students for GCSE, AS and A level exams in German (especially AQA and Edexcel) and I teach from complete beginner all the way up to University level. I also teach Spanish up to GCSE and French up to year 9. I have years of experience helping students learn English as a foreign language as well as preparing younger students for the 11+ entry exam.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- My first degree was earned in Germany where I studied Business together with English, French and Spanish. I later added a BA Hons degree in International Business as well as a Diploma in Translations E/G. Furthermore I achieved a post grad PGCE at Kingston University teaching German, French and Spanish.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught many students between 14 and 60 in Japan and Dubai in English and German as a foreign language. In England I prepared students for GCSE, AS and A level exams in German at a school in Guildford with excellent results. Furthermore I also spent time teaching at state and Grammar schools in the Kingston and Tolworth area. I currently tutor on a one-to-one and small group basis.
I started my life close to Heidelberg in Germany and moved to England some 20 years ago. During the past 15 years I have also lived and worked in places as far as Madrid, Tokyo and Dubai and can draw from a wealth of experiences learning languages as diverse as Latin and Japanese myself as well as teaching European languages to individuals, small groups, large classes in non-selective schools and top sets in Grammar schools in a variety of cultural settings. I can offer high-quality and tailor made lessons. I understand not only how language acquisition works, but also that each student has their own learning style and how to adapt my teaching appropriately. Moreover, I am acutely aware of the importance of languages in the world our children live in and am passionate about the benefit and pleasure which learning a language can bring.
- How much do you charge?
- Initial consultation lesson £20/hr
German/ Spanish up to GCSE £35/hr
German AS and A level £35/hr
German at undergraduate level £40/hr
Proof reading of translations (German-English, English-German) £36/hr
Translations (German-English, English-German) of general business correspondence, brochures, leaflets, website content £0.06 per word
Company based pupils please enquire for charges.
Diesel Supplement £1 per mile
- Where do you teach?
- I mainly teach from my home in Surbiton, Surrey but will travel to students in a 5 mile radius depending on available time slots.
- When are you available?
- Currently some slots are available during the week during normal school hours, as well as after-school and evening times (at my home). Some slots on Saturday.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Students at KS2 for 11+ entry exam; German, Spanish and French and KS3, German and Spanish at KS4 and German GCSE, AS and A level up to undergraduate level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
AS and A level German
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I hold a current DBS Certificate.
Send a message to Martina Brierly
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more