Online A-level German Tutors / A-level German Tuition
- Reet Järvik (Mrs) Long Eaton, NG10
- Marie Schreer Archway, N4
- Monika Key Coombe Wood, KT2
- Ina Brachmann MA Central Birmingham, B15
- Gabriele Trinczek Winchmore Hill, N13
- Benjamin Maeurer Richmond, TW10
- Aisha Rafique Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- Johannes Kramer Sloane Square, SW7
- Aly Knightsbridge, SW7
- Brian Pickering Romsey, SO51
- Howard Stephens Llanwern, NP26
- Birgit Piegeler-Hughes Wellington, TA21
- A Bell Richmond, TW11
- Helen White (Kaut) Rhiwbina, CF14
- Lingua Genesis Ltd Central Sheffield, S11
- Nora Blackheath, SE10
- Teresa Kennedy-Jones Regent's Park, NW1
- Inga Lincke Kemsing, TN15
- Kathy Pike Salisbury, SP1
- Dr. Anne Raabe Central Brighton, BN1
- Martina Brierly Norbiton, KT5
- Julia Underwood Tattenhoe, MK4
- Tom Adams Topsham, EX2
- Ulrich Westbourne, BN3
- Daniel Martin Wimbledon Park, SW18
- Chris Heaven Pennsylvania, EX4
- Isabella Nicholls Knaphill, GU21
- Tim Strauss Preston Park, BN1
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level German
- Personal Message
- I am a highly qualified and experienced coach, with qualifications in training and NLP. I have lived, worked and taught in Germany for 20 years. I began learning German as an adult, so am well aware of the challenges in learning the language.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can provide online tuition via FaceTime and Skype, although these work best with occasional facetoface lessons!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach German for any level, from complete beginners to GCSE, A-Level and University level. I can also offer conversational lessons to adults wanting to 'brush up' their German before a holiday or business trip.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I studied German at Berlitz from 1997, achieving fluency within a year. My coaching qualifications are predominantly in the field of sport, but I am an NLP practitioner and certified Mind Factor Master Coach.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I am an English national, who experienced first hand the challenges of learning German from scratch as an adult. Having achieved fluency, since my return to the UK I have been working with a variety of students. Some are working towards public examinations and others are learning the language for the first time.
- How much do you charge?
- My rates vary depending on travel costs. I am happy to travel to you, but standard mileage charges apply. My rates for 1:1 tuition are £35 per hour, with discounts available for group learners. Our first lesson will usually be a free consultation, where we will discuss your requirements and I will assess both your current language level and your preferred learning style.
- Where do you teach?
- Lesson location is entirely up to you! I have a classroom available in Ide, close to the A30 and A38 on the outskirts of Exeter. I am also happy to travel to students' homes, by arrangement. Some of my current students enjoy meeting in coffee shops for conversation lessons, as this fits in with gaps in their A-Level timetables.
- When are you available?
- I am available between 9am and 8pm Monday to Friday, throughout the year. I can offer weekend lessons by arrangement.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach students from complete novices up to those wishing to learn specialist German for business purposes. This encompasses a wide range of ages from 8 to 80!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, A Level, University undergraduates.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- My DBS is in progress, but I do have certificates in Safeguarding Children
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently taking bookings for the new academic year (2014 - 2015)
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Are you struggling with listening tasks? Reading? Or is grammar your enemy? Don't panic, I can help! Lessons with me are always tailored around you, so whatever you bring to the table is what we'll start with! If you need some help with controlled assessments, essay writing or proof reading, just get in touch.
Send a message to Tom Adams
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more