Online A-level German Tutors / A-level German Tuition
|Aisha Rafique||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Ina Brachmann MA||Central Birmingham, B15|
|Dr. Anne Raabe||Central Brighton, BN1|
|Tim Strauss||Preston Park, BN1|
|Helen White (Kaut)||Llanishen, CF14|
|Tom Adams||Topsham, EX2|
|Chris Heaven||Pennsylvania, EX4|
|Isabella Nicholls||Knaphill, GU21|
|Monika Key||Coombe Wood, KT2|
|Martina Brierly||Norbiton, KT5|
|Julia Underwood||Tattenhoe, MK4|
|Marie Schreer||Archway, N4|
|Gabriele Trinczek||Winchmore Hill, N13|
|Reet Järvik (Mrs)||Long Eaton, NG10|
|Howard Stephens||Llanwern, NP26|
|Teresa Kennedy-Jones||Regent's Park, NW1|
|David Mears||Abingdon, OX14|
|Lingua Genesis Ltd||Central Sheffield, S11|
|Brian Pickering||Romsey, SO51|
|Kathy Pike||Salisbury, SP1|
|Johannes Kramer||Sloane Square, SW7|
|Daniel Martin||Wimbledon Park, SW18|
|Loren Reeve||Bishop's Castle, SY7|
|Birgit Piegeler-Hughes||Wellington, TA21|
|Inga Lincke||Kemsing, TN15|
|Benjamin Maeurer||Richmond, TW10|
|A Bell||Richmond, TW11|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level German
- Personal Message
- It has been my pleasure to help numerous people achieve their potential in learning French and German. Don't just take my word for it- Click "View my FULL profile" above and read what my students have said about me. All are happy to be contacted
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach French and German. This includes tailoring the different language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing to the individual client's requirements.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- MA and MPhil in Modern Languages. ( French and German) ( University of Oxford). Qualified teacher status - PGCE (French and German) ( Education dept. reference no: 75/91300)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Over 30 years professional experience in secondary education as a languages specialist, Head of Modern Foreign Languages and examiner for GCSE and A level. I have taught people from the ages of 11 to 18 in secondary schools and have also tutored both undergraduate and postgraduate university students. Furthermore I have experience of tutoring Adult learners some of whom wish to learn for fun/travel etc whilst others are keen to be able to use French or German for business purposes.
- How much do you charge?
- My fees are £49 per hour for one-to -one tuition. ( It is sometimes possible to offer tuition in a small group of 2, 3 or 4 students should 2, 3 or 4 people wish to get together for their sessions. This is offered at £29 per person per hour) I offer a FREE initial consultation- this is usually for about 45 minutes to an hour- this enables the student's exact requirements to be discussed, gives a chance to get to know each other and for any additional matters to be raised by potential students before they finally make up their minds.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to teach at home or to travel to students' homes- up to a distance of about 40 miles. I mainly teach in the Exeter area but am happy to travel throughout Devon and Somerset. To date I have tutored in Exeter, Exmouth,Newton Abbot, Torquay, Tiverton, Taunton, Uffculme, Halberton, and have additionally had clients come to our home from as far as Barnstaple and Okehampton.
- When are you available?
- I am always available at times to suit my students' circumstances so this means being available from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. I fully realise that for many people the most convenient times may be at weekends or in the evenings. Many students ask if they can continue during school/college holidays and this can usually be accommodated. I also offer ( as a result of students' requests) Pre- AS level tuition in French and German during the period from late June to the end of August each year- this has helped many who have just completed GCSE exams in easing the transition from GCSE to study at AS level. I am available between tutorial sessons by text, email, phone and skype to assist current ( and some former) students in any way possible.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- As I mentioned elsewhere -- my youngest current student is 12 (year 8 ) and my oldest is 86! From absolute beginner through GCSE........ A Level..... IB......University entrance and for business and professional purposes. Some are learning just for fun while others are preparing for examinations at all levels up to and including degree level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- To date I have assisted students in preparing for GCSE, A/S level, A level,( of all the current examination boards), International Baccalaureate (all levels),and degree level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- For online tutoring, I find it best to have agreed work beforehand and then continue the session via skype or an IM system using a webcam.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My many clients range from absolute beginners to advanced students. Some are studying just for fun, many for exams. others for university entrance and others for business and professional reasons. My youngest student is 12 and my most senior in 86! I have a comprehensive file of past and present students and all have indicated that they are willing to be contacted to speak about how they have found their learning experience with me. You can see some of the references from them here on line in the "testimonials" section--please feel free to ask me if you would like to speak to them personally before taking things any further ( I have permission to give you phone contact details) and I will arrange it.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Anyone can learn a foreign language given the right tutor. Have a look at my article on this site called " Good moaning..so you wash to spoke French"? Tips for learning languages" I look forward to speaking with you and to making a start with helping you to achieve your goals in language learning. Do, please get in touch. Kind regards, Chris Heaven
Send a message to Chris Heaven
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more