Online A-level History Tutors / A-level History Tuition
|Gary Mitchell||Southbourne, BH6|
|Kate McCarthy||St. Mary's, BN43|
|B Westerman||Grove Park, BR1|
|Harry de Moraville||Henleaze, BS6|
|Lindsay Carter||Cotham, BS8|
|Nathan Williams||Central Bristol, BS8|
|Richard Magee||Warwick, CV34|
|Faith Taylor||Leyton, E5|
|Philippa Rumsey||Ponders End, EN3|
|Kenneth Gibson||Cheltenham, GL50|
|Llinos Williams||Kingswood, KT20|
|Camilla Otaki at Otaki Tuition||River, ME1|
|Bob Adey||Angel, N1|
|Jessica Guise||Totteridge, N3|
|Neil Smith PhD||Whitley Bay, NE26|
|Phil CloudTutoring||Towcester Brook, NN12|
|Dr Helen Mathers||Hillsborough, S6|
|Liam H||Winchester, SO20|
|Katrina Durber||Westminster, SW1P|
|Rebecca Felton||Balham, SW4|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, SW6|
|Ade O'Brien||Shaftesbury, SW8|
|Adam Muckle||Putney, SW15|
|Dr Abbie Davies||Furzedown, SW16|
|Yvonne Mason||Chirbury, SY15|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||Holland Park, W8|
|Alistair Buckingham||Meriden, WD25|
|Tom Haggerty||Boroughbridge, YO51|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- I am a 30 year old female working as a Full Time Private Tutor in London and also run my own business. I have four years of one to one private tutoring experience in London and overseas.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I tutor a variety of subjects at a range of levels including Primary, SATS, 11+, 13+, Common Entrance, IELTS, GCSE, IB, AS, A Level and Degree in addition to adult learners requiring support. My specialist subjects are English, Maths, Spanish, French and the Social Sciences. I can tutor a range of other subjects up to GCSE Level including History, Psychology, Geography and Science. Other courses I regularly run include: Motivation Building, Creative Writing, Descriptive Writing, How to write a CV, How to write a Personal Statement, How to Revise and Interview Tips.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Combined Social Sciences Degree (Anthropology & Psychology) from Durham University (High 2:1)
10 GCSEs (6 x A*, 4 x A): English , Maths, Psychology, History, Spanish, French, Double Science, Theatre Studies, Art
5 A Levels (AAAAB): English, Psychology, History, Theatre Studies, Spanish
Fully Enhanced CRB Disclosure
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have four years tutoring experience, the last two of which have been acting as a Full Time private tutor in London. I have tutored over 50 students over this time period varying in age, level and duration. I have tutored a range of young people and adult learners in London and also accompanied families overseas whilst tutoring their children in France and Switzerland. I have tutored the following exam levels: SATS, IELTS, 11+ entry exams, 13+ Common Entrance, GCSE, AS/A Level and Degree. I have worked alongside a published author of Bond Books supporting 11+, 12+, 13+, CE, KS2, SATS and KS3 Assessments. I also write my own worksheets for Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3. I am a regular assessor of 10/11 year ability in English and have 100% success rate with 11+ students guiding them towards St Pauls, Godolphin & Latymer,The Harrodian, Francis Holland, Portland Place and More House. I regularly attend educational events such as the London Parents’ forum, Times Festival of Education and Good Schools events. I also have a 100% success rate with the IELTS exam in helping students for whom English is their second language to pass and achieve their desired result. I am an enthusiastic, calm and personable individual with a passion for teaching and motivating people to achieve their academic goals whatever their level or ability.
- How much do you charge?
- My standard rate is £35 an hour. Fees are agreed before commencement of tuition and depend upon the level of tuition, distance to travel and necessary preparation. I believe that there is a huge range in quality and value provided by tutors across London. My rates reflect my experience and ensure that students receive the highest possible standard of service.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to tutor in the comfort of your home or else at my home/office in Fulham. I will travel a reasonable distance in Central London, North London, North West London, West London or South West London (approximately 10 miles) depending on time of day. Recent tutee locations have included (but are not limited to) Kensington, South Kensington, Chelsea, Gloucester Road, Knightsbridge, Notting Hill, Bayswater, Hammersmith, Putney, Wandsworth, Battersea, Surrey, Egham, Ascot and Richmond.
- When are you available?
- I am contactable from 9am till 9pm and am happy to teach 7 days a week throughout the year (including holiday and half term tuition).
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have experience of teaching a diverse range of ages and levels from 6 year olds to mature adult learners.
This subsequently includes entry level exams through to degree courses or equivalent.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
13+ Common Entrance
AS Level and A Level
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. Current Enhanced CRB check
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am happy to consider tutoring online depending on the assignment
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- International Tutoring Association (ITA)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Examples of recent assignments:
- Tutor to two boys in English and Maths living in Monaco
- Daily tutor to 13 year old boy doing IB and preparing for SSAT (1.5 years)
- Intensive tuition with a girl sitting the 11+ St Pauls exam in January (successful entry).
- Regular weekly classes to students between 6-21 years requiring reading and writing skills development
- Assisting an adult learner with the improvement of their creative writing, grammatical ability and sentence structure.
- Intensive sessions with adult learner in preparation for IELTS Academic Test (successful pass)
- Acting as full time teacher (homeschooling) to prepare a student for 13+ exams having recently moved to UK
- Preparing a degree level Psychology student for looming exams.
- Regular meetings with a foreign student wishing to improve their conversational skills and articulation.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Private Tuition ought to be entirely flexible and built around the needs and goals of the student. It subsequently requires a highly individual, bespoke approach. My tutoring style is thus adaptable and tailored to each person. I strive to give each student the best possible advantage in their studies and future life plans.
At the younger end, I aim to create a fun learning environment to bring out the creativity, responsibility and confidence in each child. I believe that confidence and a high self esteem are key to a bright mind and a bright future. At the primary and secondary level, I focus on building up self belief and motivation to allow each student to reach their potential and personal objectives. I enjoy showing young people that learning can be a great adventure and allows us to explore exciting new worlds. I use a variety of methods to make lessons interactive and multi-sensory based on the personality and learning capacity of the child. I break up lessons with word games, flash cards and other visual aids to enhance learning and keep motivation levels high. My approach encourages students to ask ‘silly’ questions and understand that making mistakes is a key part of the learning process. Regular assessments are carried out to monitor the progress of the student in comparison with their peers and reveal any focus areas.
For more mature students, I also tailor my approach to suit the individual mixing core concepts with more general study skills and encourage each student to find their own way of independent learning. Goals, objectives and desired grades are outlined at the start followed by the creation of a tuition schedule leading towards these achievements. This schedule forms the basis of future tutoring sessions which are broken down into achievable step by step objectives. I encourage students to think outside of the box and enjoy coming up with alternative ways of explaining things which may have been skated over in class/previously. Areas of weakness are identified and worked on throughout the course of tuition with exam technique and essay writing style frequently focussed on.
Whatever your age, level or ability, I would be pleased to hear from you.
Send a message to Emma Storey
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more