Online A-level History Tutors / A-level History Tuition
See Also: Show
- Katrina Durber Westminster, SW1P
- J Kelly Turnham Green, W4
- Gary Mitchell Southbourne, BH6
- Dr Helen Mathers Hillsborough, S6
- Nathan Williams Central Bristol, BS8
- Liam H Winchester, SO20
- Rebecca Felton Balham, SW4
- Alistair Buckingham Meriden, WD25
- Adam Muckle Putney, SW15
- Llinos Williams Kingswood, KT20
- Jessica Guise Totteridge, N3
- Yvonne Mason Montgomery, SY15
- Kenneth Gibson Cheltenham, GL50
- B Westerman Grove Park, BR1
- Tom Haggerty Boroughbridge, YO51
- Kate McCarthy Crouch End, N8
- Dr Judith Rowbotham Holland Park, W8
- Philippa Rumsey Ponders End, EN3
- Harry de Moraville Henleaze, BS6
- Nicholas Prasad Crouch End, N8
- LauraB Clapton, N15
- Ade O'Brien Shaftesbury, SW8
- Lindsay Carter Cotham, BS8
- Emma Storey Fulham, SW6
- Dr Abbie Davies Furzedown, SW16
- Faith Taylor Leyton, E5
- Bob Adey Angel, N1
- Phil CloudTutoring Barby and Kilsby, CV23
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Richard Magee Warwick, CV34
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- I'm a young, dynamic, Bristol-based tutor with over 5 years' experience in tutoring History and Law. I also offer a variety of professional services, such as advice on writing a great CV and cover letter, as well as interview assistance.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Online tutoring's done via Skype. I will also do an initial consultation session via skype or via email, and payment arrangements can be made that way.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- History (All levels up to and including Masters degree level)
Law (All levels up to and including LLM level)
Job Application/CV/Personal Statement/Covering letter advice
Interview advice/Assessment Centre preparation
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Graduate Diploma in Law from the University of Birmingham, 2007-8.
MA in Modern History from King's College, London, 2006-7.
BA (Hons) in History from the University of Liverpool, 2002-5
A Levels: (English Literature, History and Physics) from the Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School, Aylesbury, 2000-2002.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I've got five years experience of tutoring the above to A-Level students, undergraduates, Masters students and professionals of all ages. Most of my tutoring is done via skype, as I teach students UK-wide, not just in the Bristol area.
- How much do you charge?
- All lessons, except those where professional assistance for CVs, interviews, assessment centres, etc are concerned, are £25 an hour. I'm willing to travel, and teach via Skype often.
- Where do you teach?
- I'm based in west-central Bristol, and am willing to travel up to 20 miles for face-to-face lessons. I also teach at home and online, via Skype, so that I can teach on a UK-wide basis.
- When are you available?
- I'm available at any time during the weekends, and on all weekday evenings from 6.30 to 11pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach students of all ages, although most of my students are A-Level and undergraduate students. I also have a lot of experience in helping graduates get into the workplace, through honing skills such as interview technique and CV-building.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare my students for all exams from A-Level, up to and including Masters Degree level subjects.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- The Chartered Institute of Insurers.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I did voluntary tutoring and mentoring work at King's College, London, and developed this further whilst living in Birmingham.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My students at the moment consist of a mixture of undergraduate and A-Level students. They have passed their exams satisfactorily, and I look forward to seeing them again in September. I've also had a good deal of experience working with students with learning difficulties and distressed circumstances, and I like to think I've made a positive impact in their moving forward. I recently completed a research project in collaboration with a student of mine relating to how the Russian oligarchy impact the Russian economy, and its place in the global market.
I also have an LLM student at the University of Bristol, who's specialising in EU and Competition Law.
More recently, I've begun to teach at Masters level, in fields such as in Economic History, and have also helped a number of people get the jobs they want, through helping them build their CVs, and becoming more confident with their interview technique. I also have short-term students who need help with summer school, re-takes and dissertations.
I also have helped a number of graduates through the tough step of finding a job out in the employment market, by giving advice and help of CV and cover letter writing, as well as interview preparation and techniques, and how to succeed at assessment centres.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I'm sure that you will find me very friendly and personable, but above all, focused, firm, and intent on helping you achieve your goals. If there's anything else you'd like to know, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Send a message to Nathan Williams
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more