Online A-level History Tutors / A-level History Tuition
|Katrina Durber||Westminster, SW1P|
|Kate McCarthy||St. Mary's, BN43|
|Adam Muckle||Putney, SW15|
|Camilla Otaki at Otaki Tuition||River, ME1|
|Bob Adey||Angel, N1|
|Philippa Rumsey||Ponders End, EN3|
|Gary Mitchell||Southbourne, BH6|
|Nathan Williams||Central Bristol, BS8|
|Jessica Guise||Totteridge, N3|
|Yvonne Mason||Chirbury, SY15|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||Holland Park, W8|
|Dr Helen Mathers||Hillsborough, S6|
|Llinos Williams||Kingswood, KT20|
|Dr Abbie Davies||Furzedown, SW16|
|Ade O'Brien||Shaftesbury, SW8|
|Liam H||Winchester, SO20|
|Neil Smith PhD||Whitley Bay, NE26|
|B Westerman||Grove Park, BR1|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, SW6|
|Phil CloudTutoring||Towcester Brook, NN12|
|Rebecca Felton||Balham, SW4|
|Faith Taylor||Leyton, E5|
|Kenneth Gibson||Cheltenham, GL50|
|Lindsay Carter||Cotham, BS8|
|Alistair Buckingham||Meriden, WD25|
|Tom Haggerty||Boroughbridge, YO51|
|Richard Magee||Warwick, CV34|
|Harry de Moraville||Henleaze, BS6|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- Hi. My name's Ade and I am an experienced private tutor based in Central London.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I work via Skype and find it to be as effective as face to face tutoring for most students.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I am an English Literature A level and GCSE specialist but have extensive experience in History, Theatre (Drama), Spanish and preparing students for 11+ and Common Entrance for top schools including Eton, Harrow, Westminster and City among others.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I received my undergraduate degree at Cambridge University in 2008 and then went on to train as an actor. Currently I am pursuing a law degree.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Over the past 6 years I have enjoyed building strong and communicative relationships with students and families that fulfil their particular needs. Many of my students have stayed with me for years, through GCSE, A level and beyond. I have often been lucky enough to work with multiple members of the same family. I have taught most exam boards and unit/text choices by now and am confident I can offer the best support for students in these subjects.
I have experience working with students who struggle with various difficulties that impact their learning, including Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Depression and Bipolar. Although each present their own unique challenges all of my students in these circumstances have achieved highly.
Throughout my years as a tutor I have worked with many young students applying for top schools at 11+, 13+ and 16+ levels. Schools I have significant experience in applications for include Westminster, Eton, Harrow, City of London, St Pauls, Kings Wimbledon, Latymer and Dulwich College.
- How much do you charge?
- £50 per hour
- Where do you teach?
- I teach throughout Central London (Zones 1-2) and have frequently travelled outside the UK with families. More recently, I have taught many students via Skype and have found it to be a very useful and effective method of teaching.
- When are you available?
- I work Sundays-Thursdays daytime and evening.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I mainly work with older students between the ages of 14-20 but each year I also take on a small group of 11+ and 13+ students.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- A level, GCSE, 13+, 11+ and occasionally I work with university students who are struggling or who have missed part of the year for some reason.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- As well as with my own students, I have also completed work for Keystone Tutors, Enjoy Education and Gabbitas tutoring agencies.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Last year I worked with many students. These are just 3:
For four years I worked several times weekly with Ribal (14 – 18). He suffers with Dyspraxia and ADD but is a keen Literature student and Shakespearean. He gained excellent grades, A in his English Language GSCE, A* in Literature and an A in his A level. He is now working on a Law degree at a top university.
Charlotte (21 – 23) unfortunately struggled with mental health throughout her time at university and would often miss large chunks of term time. She needed assistance to manage her workload, catch up on course content and to reduce anxiety, especially throughout exam term. She also had severe dyslexia and needed extra help when constructing her dissertation. I worked with her intensively during exam term in her first year, and then weekly throughout her final two years. Despite her initial challenges she was able to gain a 2:i in every year during her course.
Zhoriif (12) and Zohiir (10) are brothers from Malaysia who both applied for City of London in the same year. Zhoriif had previously been rejected by the school at the 11+ stage. Both boys received a place at City of London and Zhoriif went on to be offered three more places at Alleyn’s School, Dulwich College and King’s Wimbledon. Zohiir was only entered for City.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- In a fun and active atmosphere I will help you to manage your workload and work towards your exam goals. Once we have pinpointed your strengths and challenges, I will put a lot of thought into making sure you reach your potential. One teaching style does not work for every student, but my students have stayed with me long term because we have found a way to work well together so they can exceed their previous grades and fulfil their academic goals.
References are available upon request.
Send a message to Ade O'Brien
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more