Online A-level History Tutors / A-level History Tuition
|Gary Mitchell||Southbourne, BH6|
|Rebecca Felton||Balham, SW4|
|Philippa Rumsey||Ponders End, EN3|
|Phil CloudTutoring||Towcester Brook, NN12|
|Bob Adey||Angel, N1|
|Dr Abbie Davies||Furzedown, SW16|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, SW6|
|Neil Smith PhD||Whitley Bay, NE26|
|Dr Helen Mathers||Hillsborough, S6|
|Richard Magee||Warwick, CV34|
|Alistair Buckingham||Meriden, WD25|
|Llinos Williams||Kingswood, KT20|
|Adam Muckle||Putney, SW15|
|Katrina Durber||Westminster, SW1P|
|Kate McCarthy||St. Mary's, BN43|
|Faith Taylor||Leyton, E5|
|Camilla Otaki at Otaki Tuition||River, ME1|
|Lindsay Carter||Cotham, BS8|
|Tom Haggerty||Boroughbridge, YO51|
|Yvonne Mason||Montgomery, SY15|
|Ade O'Brien||Shaftesbury, SW8|
|Kenneth Gibson||Cheltenham, GL50|
|Liam H||Winchester, SO20|
|Nathan Williams||Central Bristol, BS8|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||Holland Park, W8|
|B Westerman||Grove Park, BR1|
|Jessica Guise||Totteridge, N3|
|Harry de Moraville||Henleaze, BS6|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced tutor with a proven track record of success in helping my students to achieve their goals. I believe in teaching by encouragement, and in inspiring my pupils to love learning!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can tutor online via Skype and Webcam. I am also available by phone and email between lessons. Via Skype, I can provide either one-to-one tuition or small classes.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English and History from Key Stage 2 up to AS/A2 Level. I also prepare students for Common Entrance and specific school entry exams, as well teaching essay writing and exam technique. In addition, I am a reading specialist for those with difficulties in this area.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold a B.A Hons degree in English Language and Literature, and also an M.A in Medieval Studies.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been tutoring individuals from primary up to adult, and running private classes for thirteen years, and am particularly experienced in working with Home Educating young people. Recent examples of success in my teaching include a student who passed the entrance exam for Eton; another who gained an A* in IGCSE English Language and an A level student who improved from a grade E to grade B in their A level History course.
- How much do you charge?
- Up to GCSE level = £24 per hour.
For AS level and above = £28 per hour.
For face to face group classes the fee is £20 for the 1st student, then an additional £5 per additional student. This cost is split equally between the students.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home, and also online via Skype and Webcam. I am based in Montgomery, Powys, and am easy to reach from nearby centres such as Welshpool (10 mins drive), Shrewsbury (35 mins drive) and Telford (45 mins drive).
I am not able to travel, as I don't drive, so all lessons will take place either at my home or online.
- When are you available?
- I am available to teach between 12pm - 7pm, Monday to Friday, and occasionally on Saturday mornings. I follow the Welsh school terms, but will teach during the holidays by negotiation.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach students from age 7 upwards and from Key Stage 2 up to A2 level. I am also happy to work with adults studying English or History informally; those wishing to improve their written English or essay writing skills and students preparing for ISEB Common Entrance Exams.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE and IGCSE English and History (all exam boards); AS and A2 level English and History (all exam boards); individual school entry and Common Entrance exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I do have an up-to-date DBS Certificate.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I belong to the Historical Association (for History teachers).
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained as a Historian at Royal Holloway, University of London, and at the Tower of London where I was a Historical Interpreter for four years. This involved learning to teach and communicate with people of all ages and walks of life.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- At present I run a History class for year 7 home educated students. I am taking two home educated students through the Edexcel IGCSE History course. I also have two students taking Edexcel IGCSE English and English Literature, and one taking AQA English Literature A Level . I am coaching several students for Foundation Level English Language, and I am an AS/A2 History teacher with Interhigh Online High School and have also just become a tutor with Wolsey Hall Open Learning College. In addition to all that, I am home educating my daughter!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am looking forward to hearing from you, and assure you that I will always give of my best to help you reach your goals.
Send a message to Yvonne Mason
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more