Online A-level History Tutors / A-level History Tuition
- Harry de Moraville Henleaze, BS6
- Jessica Guise Totteridge, N3
- Kate McCarthy St. Mary's, BN43
- LauraB Clapton, N15
- Camilla Otaki at Otaki Tuition River, ME1
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Adam Muckle Putney, SW15
- Philippa Rumsey Ponders End, EN3
- Yvonne Mason Montgomery, SY15
- Phil CloudTutoring Towcester Brook, NN12
- Emma Storey Fulham, SW6
- Gary Mitchell Southbourne, BH6
- Liam H Winchester, SO20
- Neil Smith PhD Whitley Bay, NE26
- Bob Adey Angel, N1
- Nathan Williams Central Bristol, BS8
- Kenneth Gibson Cheltenham, GL50
- Katrina Durber Westminster, SW1P
- Tom Haggerty Boroughbridge, YO51
- Faith Taylor Leyton, E5
- Richard Magee Warwick, CV34
- Lindsay Carter Cotham, BS8
- Llinos Williams Kingswood, KT20
- Dr Judith Rowbotham Holland Park, W8
- Ade O'Brien Shaftesbury, SW8
- Dr Helen Mathers Hillsborough, S6
- Alistair Buckingham Meriden, WD25
- Dr Abbie Davies Furzedown, SW16
- Rebecca Felton Balham, SW4
- B Westerman Grove Park, BR1
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- I am a dual national, American and British. I have lived in England for 30 years and have a thorough understanding of both educational systems - and both languages!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have tutored using email and Skype.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English at all levels up to and including University, History at all levels also. Spanish up to GCSE level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA, two MA's, a PhD and a PGCE.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- i taught full time from 1968 to 2001. From 2001 I tutored and worked part time for the NHS. I have taught both in the US and in the UK, at all levels from junior school to university level.
- How much do you charge?
- I ask for £15 for the first lesson, to make sure the student and I are a "fit." I usually charge the full fee +£15 if there are two children being tutored at the same time.
- Where do you teach?
- I travel to students' homes, or if easier, students can come to me. But I have a (very friendly) dog and some children do not like animals. I travel fairly widely in London, although I only drive far from North London during off-peak hours.
- When are you available?
- I am available any day of the week, by negotiation with the family. I can and do work during summers and school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I will teach any age from 10 upwards, almost most of my experience is from ages 12-80!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can prepare my students for English state exams or American exams, secondary and university level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I have an up-to-date DBS.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I belong to the Philological Society (Linguistics), the Institute of Education Post 14-18, and the Professional Tutor's Association.
Send a message to LauraB
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more