Online A-level History Tutors / A-level History Tuition
|Neil Smith PhD||Whitley Bay, NE26|
|Faith Taylor||Leyton, E5|
|Jessica Guise||Totteridge, N3|
|Gary Mitchell||Southbourne, BH6|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||Holland Park, W8|
|Adam Muckle||Putney, SW15|
|Liam H||Winchester, SO20|
|Lindsay Carter||Cotham, BS8|
|Bob Adey||Angel, N1|
|Phil CloudTutoring||Towcester Brook, NN12|
|Harry de Moraville||Henleaze, BS6|
|Kenneth Gibson||Cheltenham, GL50|
|Ade O'Brien||Shaftesbury, SW8|
|Alistair Buckingham||Meriden, WD25|
|Katrina Durber||Westminster, SW1P|
|Rebecca Felton||Balham, SW4|
|Llinos Williams||Kingswood, KT20|
|Yvonne Mason||Chirbury, SY15|
|Philippa Rumsey||Ponders End, EN3|
|Nathan Williams||Central Bristol, BS8|
|B Westerman||Grove Park, BR1|
|Kate McCarthy||St. Mary's, BN43|
|Dr Abbie Davies||Furzedown, SW16|
|Richard Magee||Warwick, CV34|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, SW6|
|Dr Helen Mathers||Hillsborough, S6|
|Camilla Otaki at Otaki Tuition||River, ME1|
|Tom Haggerty||Boroughbridge, YO51|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- I am a dual national, American and British. I have lived in England for 30 years and have a thorough understanding of both educational systems - and both languages!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have tutored using email and Skype.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English at all levels up to and including University, History at all levels also. Spanish up to GCSE level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA, two MA's, a PhD and a PGCE.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- i taught full time from 1968 to 2001. From 2001 I tutored and worked part time for the NHS. I have taught both in the US and in the UK, at all levels from junior school to university level.
- How much do you charge?
- I ask for £15 for the first lesson, to make sure the student and I are a "fit." I usually charge the full fee +£15 if there are two children being tutored at the same time.
- Where do you teach?
- I travel to students' homes, or if easier, students can come to me. But I have a (very friendly) dog and some children do not like animals. I travel fairly widely in London, although I only drive far from North London during off-peak hours.
- When are you available?
- I am available any day of the week, by negotiation with the family. I can and do work during summers and school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I will teach any age from 10 upwards, almost most of my experience is from ages 12-80!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can prepare my students for English state exams or American exams, secondary and university level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I have an up-to-date DBS.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I belong to the Philological Society (Linguistics), the Institute of Education Post 14-18, and the Professional Tutor's Association.
Send a message to LauraB
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more