Online A-level Human Biology Tutors / A-level Human Biology Tuition
See Also: Show
- Mike Hill West Bridgford, NG2
- Ben Hanson Elland, HX5
- Nasim Golders Green, NW2
- Tom Whitburn - Biology tutor Winchester, SO23
- Roya Esat Northaw and Cuffley, EN6
- Adrian Schmit Llantwit Major, CF61
- Nasia Plaistow, E6
- Dr Martine Hooper Farnborough, GU14
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- MR S A Y ALI Private Tuition Central Birmingham, B6
- Lyndsay Baker Banbury, OX16
- Linda Powell West Bergholt, CO3
- Patricia O'Sullivan Alnwick, NE65
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Human Biology
- Personal Message
- I believe all children have the ability to succeed in science given the right support. I am especially experienced in examination and course work preparation.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Would respond to questions by e-mail
Use Skype, would fax worksheets/questions.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I have recently retired from a Science College in Hertfordshire where I taught all sciences up to GCSE (OCR applied and additional science and geology) and A-level Chemistry and Geology (Both OCR). In the past I have taught A-level Biology/Human Biology and Btec Applied Science / Biochemistry in Higher Education establishments. I have recently gained a position as an on-line Key Stage Three tutor for the Wolsey College Oxford.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- My original degree is in Applied Biology (Biochemistry with physiology and pharmacology, Upper Second, 1982) which I completed when employed as a research scientist for a large pharmaceutical company. I completed my PGCE in 1986 prior to gaining a full time teaching appointment in a school. I have recently completed a open degree in physical sciences with the Open university which covers physics, organic and physical chemistry and earth sciences.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I worked as a research biochemist for about 10 years until starting a family. When my children were young I worked part time in a college of further education. I gained employment in a large comprehensive who supported me to complete my PGCE with the Open University. I have worked in state schools ever since.I have worked as an examiner for Chemistry A-Level at OCR. I am now an on-line tutor for the Wolsey College Oxford (Key Stage 3).
- How much do you charge?
- £25-30 per hour,depends on travelling time. £50 for a two hour session (in the past I have tutored both Chemistry and Biology).Happy to teach up to three in a group.
- Where do you teach?
- Either at home or at the student's home. I have also "Skype" tutored in the past.
- When are you available?
- I am retired so very flexible, I will also ensure I am available though out the Easter and May holiday period, a time essential for exam preparation.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Key Stage 3 science, especially where children need to build confidence prior to GCSE, GCSE(IGCSE) and A level/IB
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. Current for Hertfordshire.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Earth Science Teachers Association Open University/ Local Geology Groups
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Most of my A level students attain places on desired courses. Medicine, Vet, Dentists , Physiotherapy, Geology. Several students follow though from GCSE to A Level.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Science is the key to making the world a better place, it's amazing!