Online A-level Human Biology Tutors / A-level Human Biology Tuition
|Ben Hanson||Halifax, HX5|
|Adrian Schmit||Llantwit Major, CF61|
|Nasim||Golders Green, NW2|
|Carrie Garbow||East Saltdean, BN2|
|Lyndsay Baker||Banbury, OX16|
|Patricia O'Sullivan||Alnwick, NE65|
|MR S A Y ALI Private Tuition||Central Birmingham, B6|
|Linda Powell||West Bergholt, CO3|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Human Biology
- Personal Message
- Real achievement is linked to understanding, not just recall. I will help you understand, which makes revision so much easier!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can tutor via Skype or via email. Email tutoring is usually intermittent rather than in a continuous session and rates will be negotiated according to the service required by the student.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Science and Biology.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a PhD. in zoology and a postgraduate certificate in education.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 27 years teaching experience in secondary schools, and 4 years in a local authority education advisory service. I have been assistant chief examiner and a chief coursework moderator in GCSE Science for one of the UK examining boards and I am currently an A level examiner. I work as an education consultant and I train teachers in various aspects of science, from Key Stage 2 to university level. I have tutored students at Key Stage 3, GCSE,AS and A2 levels.I am a contributory author to many of the science and biology revision guides published by CGP and I am currently working on my sixth and seventh science textbooks (GCSE and A level).
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 per hour for tutoring at Key Stages 2 and 3 and £30 per hour for GCSE and AS/A2 level. Discounts can be negotiated fror group lessons. Travel expenses will be charged for distances greater than 15 miles (each way). Online rates vary according to the service provided.
- Where do you teach?
- I usually teach at the student's home, although I can teach at my own home if required. I work in Cardiff, Barry, Llantwit Major, Cowbridge, Bridgend and surrounding villages. My home is in Llantwit Major, which lies between Cardiff and Bridgend.
- When are you available?
- I am available most evenings and weekends. I can also work during school holidays. I occasionally have to travel to other parts of the UK, but students are always given at least one week's notice if a session has to be re-arranged.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach mainly Key Stage 3, GCSE and AS/A2 pupils, but can also tutor Key Stage 2 if required.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Association for Science Education
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Learning is a skill and I always try to advise on how to learn as well as what to learn. My tutoring technique will be adapted to your own particular learning preferences.
Send a message to Adrian Schmit
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more