A-level Italian Tuition in Southwark (Bermondsey, Camberwell, Dulwich, Peckham, Walworth)
Tutors travelling to Southwark
- Silvina83 Charing, ME13
- Matt Didsbury, M19
- Margherita Spanu Hammersmith, W6
- Agnese Central Guildford, GU2
- Zinajda Kodrič Streatham, SW2
- Giuliana Secchi Wells, BA5
- Fiona Newborough, PE4
- Cerasela E. Chiswick, W4
- Lodovico Central Chester, CH4
- Letizia Parisi East Acton, W3
- Rosemary S L Beard Sutton Central, SM2
- Maria D'Argenio Thornton Heath, CR7
- Daniela Gottardello Hampstead Garden Sub, NW11
- Caroline Thomson Crofton and Ryhill, WF1
- Emilce Sandra Rees Chelsea, SW3
- Laura Turinetto Southfields, SW19
- Luisa Romano Warlingham, CR6
- Violet Shoreditch, E2
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Italian
- Personal Message
- I'm a well qualified and passionate Italian language teacher with 8 years' experience of private Italian tuition in the UK.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Italian language.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold a BA in Italian language and Culture and a Diploma in Didactics of Italian as a foreign language in which I both obtained the maximum mark (110 with honours). I studied in one of the leading universities in Italy (Siena) which is dedicated to the didactics of Italian as a Foreign Language and to research in the fields of linguistics and language teaching. As a result I have a strong academic background together with lots of training acquired during my 5 year course.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I've been teaching Italian for several years both in Uk and Italy. Since I moved here I’ve been working as a freelance teacher both through some agencies and privately. I've taught many students at different levels and from different backgrounds.
- How much do you charge?
- One hour lesson: £25
90 minute lesson: £35
Travel expenses may be added where applicable. I apply a 24 hour cancellation policy.
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach at home in London SE16 but I'm happy to travel to students' homes or offices in Central London.
- When are you available?
- I'm available weekdays from 9am to 7pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach mainly to adults of any levels. What is really important to me is to deliver the best lesson adapted to the student's needs. I use a communicative approach with a blend of materials from modern text books and different media (video, audio) to give the student exposure to the language from the first lesson. I'm passionate about what I do and teaching gives me the opportunity to share with the students my love for my language and culture.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- CILS and CELI (Certificazione di italiano come lingua straniera).
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Not at the moment but I am willing to obtain one if required.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current students are learning Italian for different reasons, including because they have Italian family members or partners, for work or simply because of an interest in Italian culture. Please see my testimonials for more details about my students and their experiences.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Speaking another language is a great experience and it can be very rewarding. It definitely opens ways to meet people from other countries and cultures. Teaching grammar is not enough to prepare students to use the language effectively, this is why I focus my lesson on communication which means that the learner uses the language in order to accomplish function (expressing personal feelings, describing aspects of the world, requesting information, etc). I'm friendly and patient and I do really love what I do and I believe that I will provide you with a first class tuition. Wittgenstein said that “If we spoke a different language, we would perceive a somewhat different world” so I’m telling you that if you want discover that world you have found the right path!
Send a message to Romina Oliveto
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more