A-level Physics Tuition in Dacorum (Hemel Hempstead,?Berkhamsted, Tring and Kings Langley)
Tutors in Dacorum
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Dacorum
- Jay London Colney, WD7
- Gorkem Waterloo, SE1
- Daniel Hill Balham, SW17
- Dr Gordon Braddock Emsworth, PO10
- Dr Alex Roberts West Hampstead, NW6
- Paul Bains Brunel, UB10
- Joana Central Bournemouth, BH1
- Dr Paul Kilkenny Bromley, BR1
- Dr Andrew Levick Hampton, TW12
- Dr James Lambert Bayswater, W2
- Deep Lidder Notting Hill, W8
- Andrew Gibson Sherwood, NG3
- J.Virdee Ruislip Manor, HA4
- Pete Salt Kensal Green, NW10
- Dr Alice Crawford Hainault, IG8
- Peter Adey Walkden, M28
- Dr Alan Gray Sighthill, EH11
- Dr Rajandra Shah Rushmills, NN1
- Dr Gansham Halai Thames Ditton, KT7
- Dr Parikh Carfax, OX1
- Ben Hanson Halifax, HX5
- Michael Mulligan West Twickenham, TW2
- Laurence Collin Angel, N1
- Dr Martine Hooper Foxhills, KT16
- Dr James Deeny Deptford, SE8
- Tim Clark Cambridge, CB4
- Philip Bradfield Dunfermline, KY12
- Dr Emma Morgan Trumpington, CB2
- Jeel Shah Wembley Central, HA0
- Dr Chris M. Holloway, N7
- Martin Richards South Wimbledon, SW19
- Vesna Sarajcic Bishopsgate, E1
- Saheed Busari Deptford, SE8
- Dr. Wasim Akber Rayners Lane, HA2
- Dr C Maselkowski Hanneys, OX12
- SLakha Heathfield, TW4
- David Gardner Summertown, OX2
- Michael Joel Turnham Green, W4
- Harri Parish Brixton, SE24
- P Walker Bassett, SO15
- Soheb Alam Ponders End, EN3
- Dr. Victor Bluett Nonsuch, SM2
- Stathis Stefanidis, Director Turnham Green, W4
- Mr.Kanesalingam Goodmayes, IG3
- Tim the Tutor East Grinstead, RH19
- Peter Swain Central Bournemouth, BH2
- Dr Freeman Central Edinburgh, EH7
- Samuel Thewlis Bridgwater, TA6
- Arzoo Cowley, OX4
- Dr Zac Southfields, SW18
- Lyndsay Baker Banbury, OX16
- Dr John Hudson Radlett, WD7
- Alan Evans Warley, CM14
- Nick Osborne Battersea, SW1P
- Ken Wilkinson Westbury-on-Trym, BS9
- Aly Knightsbridge, SW7
- Mark H Tenbury, SY8
- Adam Willis Fladbury, WR10
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Physics
- Personal Message
Before we go any further, could you please click on VIEW MY FULL PROFILE.
My name is Jay Thambiah. Please call me Jay. I live in Radlett and have been tutoring in Radlett and the surrounding areas for about 10 years now.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Please Note: I am fully booked up at the moment. Please only contact me to reserve places for the spring term.
I teach the following subjects and levels:
(1) GCSE Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Double Science and supervise Biology
(2) iGCSE Maths, Physics, Chemistry and supervise Biology
(3) 11+ Grammar School Entrance exam preparation Verbal, Maths, non Verbal and English
(4) 13+ Common Entrance Exam preparation for Maths and Science core
(5) Key Stages English, Maths and Science
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Read Physics and Mathematics at University College London.
GCSE and A/ Levels.
I am, myself, 11+ selective Grammar School educated
After having tutored for 20 years, I am now developing my web based tutorial college.
I am NOT a school teacher but I am a professional private tutor.
It is because I am a private tutor and not a school teacher that I have particular experience
in rectifying the deficits left by of school teachers and educational establishments.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have tutored pupils from my students days through till today, for about 20 years now.
At all levels ranging from 9 years of age to A/ Levels
The service I provide is completely voluntary, no contracts involved, no obligations and certainly no guarantees are offered or implied and either party can terminate at any time.
All I say is, try me out for a lesson or two and if you like me, we will carry on and if you don't, we won't.
If you are from or around Radlett, the chances are that you may have heard of me already or I may have already taught your friends or their siblings.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 per hour for all Years up to GCSE and £40 per hour for A/Levels ( see breakdown list for further details)
I travel to most students and do NOT charge extra for travel.
Special rates are available for sessions involving more than 1 pupil
- Where do you teach?
- I live in Radlett, but I can travel pretty much anywhere within about a 5 mile radius. If in doubt please mail or call me. Alternatively you can come to my house. I have a car and travelling is certainly not an issue.
As a guide, I cover the following areas: Radlett, Shenley, Bushey, Watford, Garston, Bricketwood, Park Street, London Colney, St Albans, Elstree, Borehamwood, Arkley, Stanmore, Edgware, Burnt Oak,
- When are you available?
- I am able to tutor mainly in the evenings. Some daytimes are also possible. Please feel free to enquire.
I do have a few more places left for anyone taking exams in June 2014
Please drop me a line if in doubt.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I tutor pupils upwards of 9 years of age.
Levels: GCSE, IGCSE, 11+, 13+ 11-16 year olds and Mature Students and Learners.
Adult numeracy and aptitude tests are also topics I specialize in.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, iGCSE, AS, A2, 11+ and 13+
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- No individual can perform a CRB check on themselves! The Government unfortunately does NOT allow it. Only a large body that churns hundreds of applications a year can ask for a CRB check to be done on an individual, such as your council. If you feel strongly about this please write to your local MP to change the law or email this website asking them to process CRB checks on their tutors.
A lot of the CRB related excitement and frenzy, parents get into actually are just that and if you think about it, it does NOT apply to the issue.
I only tutor a child in a house where there is a parent or guardian physically present within eye/ earshot.
For my own safety I do NOT tutor a child alone in their house. I hope this has answered your CRB fears.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have both video and audio conferencing facility and online chat. I can also call your phone for free.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- The University of London, Cambridge, AEB and EDEXCEL exam boards.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Almost all of my pupils have passed the 11+. I have successfully turned mediocre students into A* students at GCSE and A-Level exams.
My students go to J.F.S, St Helen's, Watford Grammar and Bushey Meads, Haberdasher's, Aldenham School, Loreto College, Emmanuel College and the Parmiters School.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My tutoring is very student-focused and my approach to teaching is very animated, exciting and memorable. I know exactly what the strengths and weaknesses of the student are and my lessons are designed to tackle those weaknesses.
However I cannot offer any concrete guarantees about your potential grades. Rather like the old adage of "taking the horse to water", in my experience the outcomes are very much down to the pupil's own attitude towards learning. If a child is willing, wants to learn and does the work I set them, then "miracles" can happen. If, however, the child is only having tuition for their parents' sakes then, alas, nothing will come of it except wasting your time and money.
It is my job to captivate your imagination, enthuse you and offer you knowledge in a way that is uniquely palatable to you. But it is your responsibility to want to be there in the first place.
Send a message to Jay
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more