Advanced Placement Tuition in Islington (Angel, Highbury, Holloway, Finsbury Park, Canonbury)
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Islington
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Islington
- Violet Shoreditch, E2
Interested in online tuition for Advanced Placement?Online Advanced Placement Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Advanced Placement
- Personal Message
- I’m a friendly and professional language tutor with 5 years’ experience in English, English as a Foreign Language and Italian. I have been teaching on and off for many years, but a few months ago I quit my job and became a full time tutor.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English, English as a Foreign Language, Italian.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I am of English origin, however I was lucky enough to live in Italy until the age of 18, so I became bilingual early on in life.
For four years I frequented a Lycée, so I have a solid level in French. Furthermore, I speak basic Spanish and am in the process of learning Arabic.
I received a BA in Philosophy at university, and on the side I also work as a freelance translator, script editor and writer.
I have multicultural capabilities acquired through living and working abroad, and a real passion for languages, people and travel.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been working as a professional tutor now for 5 years.
- How much do you charge?
- My rate depends slightly on the subject provided, but generally I charge £30 per hour, and the tenth hour is always FREE.
However proof reading and essay/thesis/dissertation assistance is a little more, between £35-40 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
- The lessons are usually held at my apartment (a 1 minute walk from Hoxton station, in Hackney), over Skype or at a cafe nearby. However, I am happy to travel to you as long as it’s a reasonable distance (note that I do charge for travel expenses).
- When are you available?
- I am always available, save for weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all levels from 11 year olds, to GCSE, to A-level, right up to Foundation, BA, MA and PhD.
I also teach adults who are looking for EFL classes.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, A-level, Foundation, International Baccalaureate, BA, MA & IELTS, Cambridge English exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I tutor at home and online.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I truly believe that learning should be a fun, curious process, and that with the right teacher, anything and everything is achievable. This applies to people of all ages, but children especially as these moments morph them into the adults they will one day become. I guarantee professional, interesting, thought-provoking lessons, and have a very positive track record with previous students!
Send a message to Violet
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more