Business English Lessons in Milton Keynes and Newport Pagnell
Other areas: Aylesbury Vale; Bedford; Central Bedfordshire; South Northamptonshire; Wellingborough; Online Business English Lessons
See Also: English; A-level English; Certificate of Advanced English (CAE); Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE); English as a Foreign Language (EFL); GCSE English; Higher English; IELTS; Key Stage 1 English; Key Stage 2 English; Key Stage 3 English; University English
Tutors in Milton Keynes
|Sorry no tutors found|
Tutors travelling to Milton Keynes
|Steve Maclean||Towcester Brook, NN12|
|Sarah Perkins||Kingston, KT1|
|Lena Roland||Southdown, BA2|
|Mary Thompson||Streatham, SW16|
|Jesse Dupre||Clapham Common, SW4|
|Olivia Allen||Shoreditch, E2|
|Dr Seraphin||Bloomsbury, WC1H|
|Lynn Foote||Ealing Broadway, W11|
|Karolina Zielinska||Carterton, OX18|
|Lindsey Pearson||Northfield, TW8|
|Nadia Younas||Ealing Broadway, W13|
|Lodovico||Central Chester, CH4|
|Joanne Bicknell||Thorpe, SS1|
|Helen McMahon BA Hons||West Drayton, UB7|
|Karon Rickatson||Derwent, YO41|
|Candy||Leamington Spa, CV31|
|Timothy Walker||Linacre, S40|
|Ruth Mitchell||Bow, E3|
|Susan P||Shalford, GU4|
|Pimmi Pande||Nunhead, SE4|
|Barbara Tremain||Penzance, TR20|
|Justin Potter||Salisbury, SP1|
|Graham James||Notting Hill, W8|
|James Dedman||Walthamstow, E17|
|Amber Armitage||Stoke Newington, N5|
|Debbie Wood||Norbiton, KT6|
|Shahriar||Wimbledon Park, SW19|
|Nigel Houghton||Battersea, SW11|
|Sara Marks||Moortown, LS17|
|Dr. Anne Raabe||Central Brighton, BN1|
|Paul Wells||Skelton, Rawcliffe a, YO32|
|Charlie Flint||Shoreditch, E2|
|Birmingham English||Moseley, B13|
|Andy Collins||Deerness, DH7|
|Jon Clark||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Brian Pickering||Romsey, SO51|
|Russell Keith||Southfields, SW15|
|Jim Cooney||Cockett, SA2|
|Matthew Thompson||Central Bristol, BS2|
|Judith Brennan||Annfield Plain, DH9|
|Michele Carruthers||Honeybourne, CV37|
|Patrizia Pisano||Fairfield, CR0|
|UK English Lessons||Waterloo, SE1|
|Dr. Victor Mannion||Gloucester Road, SW5|
|Joanne Singer||King's Cross, WC1X|
|Jane Emma||Holborn, WC1A|
|Steven French||Harpenden, AL5|
|Joanna Gray||Kempston, MK42|
|Dr Robin Wooldridge||Edgbaston, B29|
|Pam Williams||Brixton, SW9|
|Ian Sanders||Glemsford, CO10|
|Fleur Daemen||Kentish Town, N19|
|Liliane||Bounds Green, N11|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Business English
- Personal Message
- I am English, age 59, retired from IT, but with a strong interest in English and its quirks. My interest in languages came from my own experience of learning Spanish, talking with Spanish people and explaining to them how English works!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach 2 separate languages:
[a] Spanish: I teach beginners and improvers / intermediate level.
[b] English (as a foreign language).
I am happy to teach either children or adults.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have AS-Level in Spanish, grade A, obtained a few years ago.
I have a "TEFL" (Teaching English as a Foreign Language") qualification obtained from an online course.
I also have almost 59 years experience of being English and speaking English ... !
- What kind of experience do you have?
- My experience of English teaching ranges from teaching young children with almost no English, to teaching adults with a very good level of English (but maybe not a good accent!) I am currently working part-time as an ESOL Adult Education tutor for Northampton Council.
My experience of teaching Spanish includes teaching friends and colleagues on a more ad-hoc basis, in addition to giving private tuition for small groups or individuals, usually beginners. My level of Spanish is sufficient to enable me to teach beginners or improvers / intermediate level, and my experience of teaching English together with the insights gained from my own Spanish classes together with my enthusiasm for the language enable me to teach in an interesting and effective way.
- How much do you charge?
- The rate for classes (in either language) is £20 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I live in Towcester, Northamptonshire, England and will travel up to 15 miles radius. I do not offer classes at my own home, but am happy to meet for classes at any other suitable location.
- When are you available?
- In general I am available for classes on any day and at any reasonable time. I believe it is important to be as flexible as possible.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am happy to teach any age, from children upwards. In English, I am happy to teach almost any level, maybe apart from total beginners or those who are already experts (and who probably know more than I do about it!) In Spanish I am happy to teach either beginners or improvers / intermediate level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I do not work towards specific qualifications, but I am happy to help with extra tuition if students are already working towards a qualification.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. The document can be provided on request.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I do not offer online tutoring at present.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- None related to teaching.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- In English, I have recently worked with students from a very wide range of countries, from China to Chile. I love the fact that observing people learning English tells me things about their own country, language and culture.
In Spanish, recent students have ranged from young children (who learn very quickly!) to adults who wanted to begin learning the Latin American version of Spanish in preparation for a holiday tour.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Learning a new language opens many doors and is great fun!
Send a message to Steve Maclean
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more