Business English Lessons in Milton Keynes and Newport Pagnell
Tutors in Milton Keynes
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Milton Keynes
- Steve Maclean Towcester Brook, NN12
- Graham James Gloucester Road, W8
- Lynn Foote Ealing Broadway, W11
- Pimmi Pande Nunhead, SE4
- Paul Wells Skelton, Rawcliffe a, YO32
- Elvira I Burton Joyce, NG14
- Sarah Perkins Kingston, KT1
- Michele Carruthers Honeybourne, CV37
- Matt Didsbury, M19
- Timothy Walker Linacre, S40
- Jon Clark Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- Debbie Wood Tolworth, KT6
- Nadia Younas Ealing Broadway, W13
- Candy Leamington Spa, CV31
- James Dedman Walthamstow, E17
- Dr. Anne Raabe Central Brighton, BN1
- Jesse Dupre Clapham Common, SW4
- Joanna Gray Elstow and Stewartby, MK42
- Ruth Mitchell Bow, E3
- Lindsey Pearson Northfield, TW8
- Susan P Shalford, GU4
- Helen McMahon BA Hons West Drayton, UB7
- Russell Keith Southfields, SW15
- Shahriar Wimbledon Park, SW19
- Nigel Houghton Battersea, SW11
- Andy Collins Deerness, DH7
- Jim Cooney Cockett, SA2
- Patrizia Pisano Fairfield, CR0
- Charlie Flint Shoreditch, E2
- Rachel Ashby Wednesfield, WV11
- Justin Potter Salisbury, SP1
- Pam Williams Brixton, SW9
- Steven French Harpenden, AL5
- Christine Sautereau-Chandley Royal Tunbridge Wells, TN3
- Dr Robin Wooldridge Edgbaston, B29
- Joanne Bicknell Thorpe, SS1
- Lena Roland Southdown, BA2
- Alex Jeffery Putney, SW15
- Birmingham English Moseley, B13
- Sara Marks Moortown, LS17
- Ian Sanders Glemsford, CO10
- Dr Seraphin Bloomsbury, WC1H
- Karon Rickatson Derwent, YO41
- Judith Brennan Annfield Plain, DH9
- Jane Emma Holborn, WC1A
- Liliane Bounds Green, N11
- Brian Pickering Romsey, SO51
- Amber Armitage Stoke Newington, N5
- Fleur Daemen Kentish Town, N19
- Lodovico Central Chester, CH4
- Mary Thompson Streatham, SW16
- Dr. Victor Mannion Gloucester Road, SW5
- Andi Cambridge, CB2
- Matthew Thompson Central Bristol, BS2
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Barbara Tremain Penzance, TR20
- Joanne Singer King's Cross, WC1X
- Leonor Eastbourne, BN22
- Olivia Allen Shoreditch, E2
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Business English
- Personal Message
- I am English, age 59, retired from IT, but with a strong interest in English and its quirks. My interest in languages came from my own experience of learning Spanish, talking with Spanish people and explaining to them how English works!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach 2 separate languages:
[a] Spanish: I teach beginners and improvers / intermediate level.
[b] English (as a foreign language).
I am happy to teach either children or adults.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have AS-Level in Spanish, grade A, obtained a few years ago.
I have a "TEFL" (Teaching English as a Foreign Language") qualification obtained from an online course.
I also have almost 59 years experience of being English and speaking English ... !
- What kind of experience do you have?
- My experience of English teaching ranges from teaching young children with almost no English, to teaching adults with a very good level of English (but maybe not a good accent!) I am currently working part-time as an ESOL Adult Education tutor for Northampton Council.
My experience of teaching Spanish includes teaching friends and colleagues on a more ad-hoc basis, in addition to giving private tuition for small groups or individuals, usually beginners. My level of Spanish is sufficient to enable me to teach beginners or improvers / intermediate level, and my experience of teaching English together with the insights gained from my own Spanish classes together with my enthusiasm for the language enable me to teach in an interesting and effective way.
- How much do you charge?
- The rate for classes (in either language) is £20 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I live in Towcester, Northamptonshire, England and will travel up to 15 miles radius. I do not offer classes at my own home, but am happy to meet for classes at any other suitable location.
- When are you available?
- In general I am available for classes on any day and at any reasonable time. I believe it is important to be as flexible as possible.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am happy to teach any age, from children upwards. In English, I am happy to teach almost any level, maybe apart from total beginners or those who are already experts (and who probably know more than I do about it!) In Spanish I am happy to teach either beginners or improvers / intermediate level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I do not work towards specific qualifications, but I am happy to help with extra tuition if students are already working towards a qualification.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. The document can be provided on request.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I do not offer online tutoring at present.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- None related to teaching.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- In English, I have recently worked with students from a very wide range of countries, from China to Chile. I love the fact that observing people learning English tells me things about their own country, language and culture.
In Spanish, recent students have ranged from young children (who learn very quickly!) to adults who wanted to begin learning the Latin American version of Spanish in preparation for a holiday tour.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Learning a new language opens many doors and is great fun!
Send a message to Steve Maclean
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more