Online Cambridge First Certificate (FCE) Teachers / Cambridge First Certificate (FCE) Tuition
- Alison Sesi Farley, LU1
- Emilce Sandra Rees Chelsea, SW3
- Sara Marks Moortown, LS17
- Russell Keith Southfields, SW15
- Olivia Allen Shoreditch, E2
- Olga Hornett Abbots Langley, WD4
- James Dedman Walthamstow, E17
- Fleur Daemen Kentish Town, N19
- Justin Potter Salisbury, SP1
- Birmingham English Moseley, B13
- Maria A. Oval, SW9
- Amber Armitage Stoke Newington, N5
- Tom Spencer Putney, SW18
- David Romero Holloway, N7
- Karon Rickatson Derwent, YO41
- Barbara Tremain Penzance, TR20
- Suzanne Delves New Malden, KT3
- Dr. Anne Raabe Central Brighton, BN1
- Lodovico Central Chester, CH4
- Sarah Perkins Kingston, KT1
- Nadia Younas Ealing Broadway, W13
- Michele Carruthers Honeybourne, CV37
- Graham James Gloucester Road, W8
- Patrizia Pisano Fairfield, CR0
- Alex Jeffery Putney, SW15
- Joanne Bicknell Thorpe, SS1
- Rosemary S L Beard Sutton Central, SM2
- Jim Cooney Cockett, SA2
- Sonya Skuse Lincoln, LN1
- Andi Cambridge, CB2
- Jesse Dupre Clapham Common, SW4
- Violet Shoreditch, E2
- Leonor Eastbourne, BN22
- Timothy Walker Linacre, S40
- Rachel Ashby Wednesfield, WV11
- Debbie Wood Tolworth, KT6
- Matt Didsbury, M19
- Mary Thompson Streatham, SW16
- Jon Clark Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- Shahriar Southfields, SW19
- Matthew Thompson Central Bristol, BS2
- Christine Sautereau-Chandley Royal Tunbridge Wells, TN3
- Sandra Burne Cheltenham, GL51
- Dr. Victor Mannion Gloucester Road, SW5
- Peter M Smith Central Edinburgh, EH1
- Charlie Flint Shoreditch, E2
- Margherita Spanu Hammersmith, W6
- Susan P Shalford, GU4
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Cambridge First Certificate (FCE)
- Personal Message
- Learn English online in the comfort and convenience of your own home and office in any country, city or village in the world. I specialize in teaching by Skype and similar online audio-video conference programs.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I use Skype with ooVoo, Google and other services as back-up.
I offer a free trial lesson of 15-30 minutes to serious applicants.
I provide all learning materials.
The times of classes are negotiated with the student according to their international time zone. Students may cancel a lesson without charge by email 24 hours before the scheduled time.
The lessons are individual with one student (although in special cases, at the request of the student, they can be shared). The courses are designed to meet the specific learning objectives of the individual student,
If the student is preparing for a certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL, I simulate the examination conditions so the student can practice answering sample questions taken from past examinations.
For those wishing to expand their vocabulary of words and phrases, I use leading text books and reading books published by the Oxford and Cambridge presses and leading private publishes such as MacMillan.
For those wishing to improve their speaking fluency and pronunciation I use my own speaking exercises. I make liberal use of links to leading newspapers and magazines and other video and audio resources of various internet sites.
Payment is by PayPal, Credit or Debit card,Western Union or direct bank transfer. Lesson are paid in advance.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English online as a second language, especially for Business and for certificates such as IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge, GMAT. I also teach English as a first language for any examination. And I teach elocution.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Doctorate (D.Phil) and B. Litt. from Oxford University and a B.A from London University.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have tutored at Oxford and Cambridge universities, was professor at several Canadian universities and have taught English online for ten years internationally. I was Director of a program in socioeconomic development in a School of Management and Director of an independent research institute on the same subject. I have extensive experience in the British and American financial markets and was the director of a commercial real estate development company.
- How much do you charge?
- All my individual tutorials are online to any country in the world. I charge between £15-17 for a fifty-minute lesson - currently there is a discount for 10 and 20 lessons paid in advance. Payment can be made in USD equivalents. Group tutorials would be less per person depending on the number in the group.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach exclusively online. I use Skype, ooVoo, Google and other audio video conference facilities.
- When are you available?
- I negotiate an agreement with my students about the time of lessons in their time zone.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Some of my students need IELTS, TOEFL or other certificates to prepare for entrance to English-speaking universities or to emigrate. Some want to improve their fluency in Business English. Others want to refine their English to a very advanced level for their own satisfaction.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- English as a second language - IELTS, TOEFL, all the Cambridge certificates, GMAT and all other similar certificates
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Not relevant for online tutorials.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Former member of various University teacher organisations in the UK, Canada and the USA (now retired).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My students are from all over the world. A large percentage are from Russia and Eastern Europe and Western Europe ( including the UK). I have students from Japan, China, the Arab countries, the USA, Mexico and Central and South America.
About 40% are preparing for IELTS or TOEFL or GMAT or the Cambridge certificates in order to gain access to English speaking universities, or to emigrate to English speaking countries. About 40% are in business - mainly software development, banking, international corporations, and project management. The remainder are trying to refine their English to a very high level for their own personal satisfaction.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I believe learning online is the most efficient and effective way of learning English. If you are not sure about that, ask for a free trial lesson.
Send a message to Dr. Victor Mannion
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more