Online Cambridge First Certificate (FCE) Teachers / Cambridge First Certificate (FCE) Tuition
|Jon Clark||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Birmingham English||Moseley, B13|
|Dr. Anne Raabe||Central Brighton, BN1|
|Matthew Thompson||Central Bristol, BS2|
|Lodovico||Central Chester, CH4|
|Patrizia Pisano||Fairfield, CR0|
|Michele Carruthers||Honeybourne, CV37|
|Charlie Flint||Shoreditch, E2|
|Olivia Allen||Shoreditch, E2|
|James Dedman||Walthamstow, E17|
|Peter M Smith||Central Edinburgh, EH1|
|Sandra Burne||Cheltenham, GL51|
|Susan P||Shalford, GU4|
|Sarah Perkins||Kingston, KT1|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Debbie Wood||Norbiton, KT6|
|Sara Marks||Moortown, LS17|
|Alison Sesi||Farley, LU1|
|Amber Armitage||Stoke Newington, N5|
|David Romero||Holloway, N7|
|Fleur Daemen||Kentish Town, N19|
|Karolina Zielinska||Carterton, OX18|
|K Heardman||Wembury and Brixton, PL9|
|Timothy Walker||Linacre, S40|
|Jim Cooney||Cockett, SA2|
|UK English Lessons||Waterloo, SE1|
|Justin Potter||Salisbury, SP1|
|Joanne Bicknell||Thorpe, SS1|
|Jesse Dupre||Clapham Common, SW4|
|Dr. Victor Mannion||Gloucester Road, SW5|
|Russell Keith||Southfields, SW15|
|Mary Thompson||Streatham, SW16|
|Tom Spencer||Putney, SW18|
|Shahriar||Wimbledon Park, SW19|
|Barbara Tremain||Penzance, TR20|
|Margherita Spanu||Hammersmith, W6|
|Graham James||Notting Hill, W8|
|Nadia Younas||Ealing Broadway, W13|
|Jane Emma||Holborn, WC1A|
|Olga Hornett||Watford, WD4|
|Karon Rickatson||Derwent, YO41|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Cambridge First Certificate (FCE)
- Personal Message
- I am a warm, encouraging teacher, who focuses on creating a relaxed atmosphere in order to build confidence and relieve anxiety. I treat each student as an individual and adapt my teaching methods accordingly.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English as a Foreign Language, Business English and Academic English, and prepare students for exams such as 7 +, 11 +, 13+, Common Entrance, IELTS, TOEFL and the Cambridge exams. I have proofread several books and dissertations so am also able to provide assistance with this.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA (Hons) in English and European Literature, introductory TEFL certificate, Cambridge DELTA, Diploma in Freelance and Feature Writing, Certificate in Short Story Writing.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching English on a freelance basis for twenty years and have taught in a number of different countries including Japan, Australia and Italy. I have taught a wide variety of different people including Premiership footballers, businessmen, housewives, university students and children. I teach EAP (English for Academic Purposes) part time at an International University accredited by the British Council. I am also currently tutoring children in English and Verbal Reasoning in preparation for the 11+ and 13+ exams with 70% of lesson time being spent on teaching knowledge, skills and techniques and expanding vocabulary and 30% on past papers.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £40 per hour (minimum lesson length - 1.5 hours except for children's lessons which can be only an hour).
(Please note that if you would like to study with a friend, the price would be £25 each per hour. There is an occasional extra fee for travel, depending on where the student is located).
- Where do you teach?
- I generally travel to the student's home. However, I can also teach at home. I mainly teach in South London and Central London (UK).
- When are you available?
- Monday to Friday - 8.30 am - 8 pm Saturday 9 am - 3 pm
I also run intensive courses during school holidays if required.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages and levels from young children to adults.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- IELTS, Cambridge exams, TOEFL, Eiken, 11+, 13+, Common Entrance exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Skype - I charge £35 per hour (hour long lessons are fine). I have prepared a number of students for the IELTS exam through this method.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I read English and European Literature at the University of Essex, took an introductory TEFL course at the Language Centre of Guildford and also have a Cambridge DELTA from International House, London. I have taken two writing courses and have a Diploma in Freelance and Feature Writing (the London School of Journalism) and a Certificate in Short Story Writing (Writer's News) and have studied Japanese to a high level, passing level 2 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
I am a published writer (of articles and short stories) with a passion for words and language that I believe I can share with my students.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I teach a large number of students but am currently tutoring two Egyptian boys, one of whom has recently passed the entrance exams for the two schools he applied for (Trinity and Whitgift); four Russian children, (one has just been accepted to Latymer School and another to St Joseph's) and a young British boy who will soon be taking the 11 plus exam. I also teach native English speakers, looking to improve their language skills.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Learning English takes time but it is extremely fulfilling and can be life-changing. I love the language and look forward very much to sharing my passion with you.
Send a message to Mary Thompson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more