Chamber Music Coaching in Oldham, Chadderton, Failsworth, Royton and Shaw
Tutors in Oldham
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Oldham
Interested in online coaching for Chamber Music?Online Chamber Music Coaching
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Chamber Music
- Personal Message
- 'Joshua has a clear and focused approach to teaching the cello. He is extremely attentive to the specific needs of his students and his caring nature and interest in each of his students makes for a strong and productive working relationship.’
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Cello and Chamber Music
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I studied at the Royal College of Music Junior Department in London for four years before I moved to Manchester to complete my degree at the Royal Northern College of Music.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have had many years of experience with one-to-one teaching. I have tutored on projects with the South West Youth Orchestra, been a part of outreach projects with Opera North, Knebworth Primary School, Lycée Maurice Ravel in Saint Jean de Luz as well as leading open classes on the Elgar cello concerto.
- How much do you charge?
- Before booking your first lesson, I offer a free one-hour consultation lesson to those who are looking to learn with me. This is a perfect time to see if you like the way that I teach and gives me an opportunity to hear you play, whether you have played the cello before or not.
My fees are currently:
30 Mins £20
1 Hour £30
1.5 Hours £45
- Where do you teach?
- Being comfortable in your environment is important when learning any instrument and because of this, I am happy to drive to my student’s homes anywhere within the Greater Manchester area. Alternatively, lessons can take place at mine if you prefer.
- When are you available?
- I am available to teach between Monday to Thursday. Due to my freelance schedule, my students appreciate that lessons might have to be re-organised occasionally.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach from the age of seven and above.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the European String Teachers Association.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- It is my belief that participating in musical activities is key to developing creativity, positivity, confidence and discipline enhanced by shared experiences. These are desirable attributes, particularly for children and young adults, which can feed into and inform other areas of their lives.
Send a message to Joshua Lynch
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more