Chamber Music Coaching in Oldham, Chadderton, Failsworth, Royton and Shaw
Tutors in Oldham
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Oldham
- John Dipper Wandsworth Common, SW18
- Gregory Emfietzis East Sheen, SW14
- Edgar Cardoso Blackheath, SE10
- Pedro Silva St. Pancras, NW1
- Stewart Wilson Central Glasgow, G31
- Harriet Stubbs Stockwell, SW9
- Aisling Maguire Didsbury, M20
- Christopher Poffley Felixstowe, IP11
- Emilio Saev Ascot and Cheapside, SL4
- Marianne Hardisty Lewisham, SE13
- Rory Cartmell Charlton Park, SE7
- Matthew Robert Brown Canterbury, CT2
- Francina Elisabet Bethnal Green, E2
- James Buckle London Bridge, SE1
- Raphael W. Lang St. Pancras, NW1
- Jacob Lang Chalk Farm, NW1
- Lukas Hank Wembley Park, HA9
- Mikhail Shilyaev MusicAListers Streatham, SW2
- Sofia Sarmento Central Birmingham, B3
- Matt Mockford Caerau, CF5
- Dani Rich Fallowfield, M14
- Ashok Klouda Highgate, N6
- Gaetano Nenna Alperton, NW10
- Michael Joel Turnham Green, W4
- Patrick Johnson Willesden Green, NW2
- Sam Kennedy Eltham, SE9
- Sarah Moffatt South Croydon, CR0
- Anthony Brown Tooting, SW17
- Jana Cadez Amali Flute Tutor Hanover, BN2
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Chamber Music
- Personal Message
- Hello! My name is Adam Szabo and I am a cellist currently based in Manchester. I teach from a beautiful light-filled studio in Didsbury, and freelance with great orchestras from all over the United Kingdom.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach the cello (modern and baroque), as well as chamber music, music theory, and preparation for ABRSM exams.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I was born in Sydney, and completed my Bachelor of Music degree at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music in 2010, under the guidance of Zoltán Szabó and Daniel Yeadon. Upon graduating from the Conservatorium, I was awarded a Sydney Symphony Orchestral Fellowship, after which I was engaged as a contract member of the orchestra. I continued my studies in the United Kingdom, moving to Manchester to study with internationally renowned cellist and pedagogue Hannah Roberts at the Royal Northern College of Music, graduating in 2014 with a Masters in Music.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I currently enjoy a busy and varied career as a freelance orchestral player, chamber musician (as a member of the Darlinghurst Duo), and teacher. At time of writing, I am on contract with Opera North as their Principal Cello (No. 2), a position that I am on trial for.
I have been teaching the cello privately for more than ten years - first as part of a studio in Sydney, and over the last three years, in Manchester. I love teaching both more experienced musicians, adult beginners, and younger children.
Some of my performances in 2014 included a concerto performance of Giovanni Sollima’s double cello concerto, Violincelles Vibrez with the Tait Chamber Orchestra, (you can watch this performance here: http://youtu.be/NVzUCkFsFT8), concerts at the Canberra International Music Festival with ACO2 and the Wallfisch Band; and duo recitals in Manchester and London. I work regularly with Opera North, the Hallé Orchestra, the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, and as Guest Principal for the Tait Chamber Orchestra and Northern Chamber Orchestra. Other orchestras I have performed with include the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, Sinfonia Cymru, Sydney Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Sydney Chamber Opera, the Australian World Orchestra, and the Australian Chamber Orchestra’s ACO2.
During my studies, I also participated in a number of high profile programmes for young artists, including the Foyle Future First Scheme of the London Philharmonic Orchestra and the Britten-Pears Young Artist Programme. As a student, I was the principal cellist of the Australian Youth Orchestra, and a member of the European Union Youth Orchestra. Other orchestral training included work with the Sydney Symphony Sinfonia, and participation in the Orchestral Experience Schemes of the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra and Manchester Camerata.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £40 per hour, or £25 for a half hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from a beautiful light-filled studio in Didsbury Village.
- When are you available?
- My hours are flexible - I'm sure we can find something that works for everyone involved!
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach students of all ages and levels - many of my students are adult professionals, but I am also at home teaching young beginners.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Learning to play beautiful music is a lot of work, but can also be so much fun! I hope you get in touch so we can have some lessons together - I can promise it's one of the most rewarding things you will ever do.
Send a message to Adam Szabo
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more