Classical Guitar Lessons in Bromley (Penge, Beckenham, Orpington, Crystal Palace, Chislehurst)
Tutors in Bromley
- Sorry no tutors found
Nearby Study Centres
- Orpington Music Studio Farnborough, BR5
Tutors travelling to Bromley
- Dom Martin Clerkenwell, N1
- Joel Sopel Golders Green, NW11
- Rob Guitar Forest Gate, E7
- Danielle Saxon Reeves Stourbridge, DY9
- Juan Carlos Arenas, MMus Ingatestone, CM40
- Ridgestone Guitar Tuition Rochester, ME1
- Peter Elliot Bushey, WD23
- Emilio Saev Ascot and Cheapside, SL4
- Joshua Davenport Peckham, SE5
- Stefan Joubert Spitalfields, E1
- Tom Clegg Ilkley, LS29
- Adam Purnell Saltford, BS31
- John Dipper Wandsworth Common, SW18
- Antonis Mikelis Edmonton, N9
- Faith Taylor Leyton, E5
- Marco Cirillo St John's Wood, NW67
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Classical Guitar
- Personal Message
- Having been a lifelong student of music, I am a friendly, patient, supportive teacher.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Songwriting (Musicianship and Creativity) and Composition including recording and production.
Computer music skills including software 'Ableton Live' and scoring with 'Sibelius'.
Studio craft, production, using analogue synthesisers.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA Hons Music 2:1
Major: Classical Guitar Performance.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 10 years experience teaching one-to one lessons, workshops and masterclasses in schools.
I am currently recording an album in Abbey Road Studios with a band (Name TBC). I play guitar and keys as well as co-producing the project.
The band has recently performed with and recorded an NME session with Carl Barrat (The Libertines).
I have just co-written and co-produced the music for an independent British film 'X + Y' starring Rafe Spall
Last year I composed the original soundtrack for the worldwide release of the BBC drama 'Peaky Blinders' Series 1.
My previous electronica project 'Capac' recorded BBC sessions at Maida Vale and achieved regular plays from Hugh Stevens, BBC Radio 1.
- How much do you charge?
- £30 per hour.
£20 per 30 minutes
£30 per hour for the first student plus an additional £10 for every subsequent student.
Eg. Group of 2, £40. (£30 + £10)
Group of 3, £50 (£30 + £10 + £10)
- Where do you teach?
- I travel to students' homes in the Dulwich/Peckham/Camberwell area.
In the Hackney area, I have a studio from which I base my teaching. The studio is equipped with many different guitars and amplifiers, a piano and studio recording equipment which all make for an enhanced learning experience.
- When are you available?
- Monday - Thursday daytime/evening as required
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I will happily discuss exam options and consider the appropriate boards and grades to suit your needs.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I currently work in schools for Waltham Forest Music Service teaching in whole class and small group settings.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have found that, for instrumental tuition, top-up sessions via Skype or facetime can be really useful.
For example, if you take an hours tuition every fortnight, a short skype session in between can really help focus your practice and give you an opportunity to ask some key questions and figure out that tricky part, before you come to the next session in person.
We can arrange the details of the video session to suit you.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Waltham Forest Music Service
A branch of the local authority that provides instrumental tuition in schools around the borough.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I began by listening to and copying my favourite music as a child, which is still my favourite way to learn.
I then took music lessons as a teenager with a wonderful musician, Dave Evans.
At 16, I taught myself my first classical guitar pieces and continued pursuing my interest in classical guitar until university. (In conjunction with a passion for electronica, jazz and rock)
At The University of Liverpool, I studied Classical Guitar under the virtuoso, Anthony Steinmetz.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- One of my adult students is enjoying a range of styles of her choice, including pop and folk.
It is loads of fun and I'm really enjoying learning about all of the music that she loves - and playing it of course!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My best mentors infused me with a heightened love of music, which encouraged me to play and play and play!
I wish to do the same for you.
The majority of your 'learning' will only be achieved on your own, at home.
I will, however foster the best possible context for you to do this.
Most importantly it absolutely has to be fun!
Send a message to Joshua Davenport
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more