Classical Piano Lessons in Bromley (Penge, Beckenham, Orpington, Crystal Palace, Chislehurst)
Tutors in Bromley
Tutors travelling to Bromley
- Huseyin Gundogdu Blackheath, SE10
- Hannah Robinson Charlton Park, SE7
- Dimitrios Skyllas Clapham North, SW3
- Mike Guy Battersea, SW11
- Jessica Radcliffe Downham, SE12
- Yue Zhou (Joe) New Cross, SE14
- Alice Baxter Clapham North, SW8
- Gavin Cranmer-Moralee Sanderstead, CR2
- Nicky Enderby New Cross, SE15
- Mikhail Shilyaev MusicAListers Streatham, SW2
- Ryoko Izutsu Brockley, SE4
- James Beckwith Blackheath, SE13
- Jonathan Rogerson Greenwich, SE13
- Derek Dobbins Welling, DA15
- Iliyana Spirova Grove Park, SE9
- Eren Kaplan Blackheath, SE3
- Will Butterworth Brockley, SE4
- Zanete Uskane Streatham, SW16
- Honor Watson Greenwich, SE8
- Sean Webster Brixton Hill, SW2
- Christina Marroni Catford, SE23
- Tom Harrison Oval, SW8
- Edward Bonner Blackheath, SE3
- Natalie Hancock Sidcup, DA15
- Ian G South Croydon, CR2
- Alexandre Garziglia Streatham, SW12
- Elizabeth Marr Blackheath, SE10
- Edward Farmer Blackheath, SE13
- Chris Roe Lewisham, SE13
- Jack Bennett Sevenoaks, TN14
- Hara Kostogianni Ashburton, CR0
- Damon Flanagan Kidbrooke, SE7
- Fraser Kelman Forest Hill, SE23
- Mitch McGugan South Norwood, SE25
- Jamie Rock Deptford, SE8
- Soraya Greenwich, SE10
- Marianne Hardisty Lewisham, SE13
- Claudia Norz Rotherhithe, SE16
- Andrew Johnston - Pianist Greenwich, SE13
- Aleksandar Michel Maundrell North Greenwich, SE10
- Maulen Alimbayev Charlton Park, SE7
- David Dyson Blackheath, SE10
- Samuel Bordoli Sydenham, SE26
- Gareth Humphreys BMus MMus Herne Hill, SE5
- Sue Klein Dulwich Village, SE22
- Steven Dodsworth New Addington, CR0
- Mischa Foster Poole East Dulwich, SE15
- Sabina Heywood Greenwich, SE13
- B Westerman Grove Park, BR1
Interested in online lessons for Classical Piano?Online Classical Piano Lessons
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Classical Piano
- Personal Message
- I am a classical musician with wide experience of teaching music to people at all levels, who aims to inspire students to explore music for themselves.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach piano, musicianship, aural, music theory, harmony and counterpoint, music history and analysis. I also train students in the conventions of academic writing.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold the degrees of BMus (London) and MMus (London), GRSM and LRAM diplomas and an honorary ARAM from the Royal Academy of Music. I also have a PGCE for secondary music teaching.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught and examined Music in universities for over 30 years. I have also taught in schools and trained primary and secondary teachers.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge from £35 per hour, £18 per half hour; I do not charge travel expenses.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at home and at students' homes in the Bromley and South-East London areas.
- When are you available?
- I am available Monday to Friday, during the daytime and early evening.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach students at all levels of ability except for very young beginners.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare students for piano and theory examinations of ABRSM and Trinity Guildhall, for diploma paperwork examinations and for AS and A2 level Music.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. Parents of students under 18 years of age are invited to be present during lessons.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am happy to tutor via e-mail where appropriate. Assignments sent over the e-mail which involve music notation must utilise Sibelius software.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained at the Royal Academy of Music and King's College University of London.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Music theory and notation is not hard if you understand the concepts behind what you are learning. Practical musicianship and improvisation are not hard if you apply some tricks of the trade. Writing essays is not hard if you know how to structure your writing and signpost the reader to what you want to say. The more you understand the more you enjoy what you are learning.
Send a message to Gloria Toplis
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more