Classical Saxophone Lessons in Westminster (Bayswater, Marylebone, Belgravia and Maida Vale)
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Westminster
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Westminster
Interested in online lessons for Classical Saxophone?Online Classical Saxophone Lessons
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Classical Saxophone
- Personal Message
- Hello! You never stop learning, and that's brilliant. If you would like some coaching, or wish to start something new, please get in touch!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Music, assisting school work or individual instrumental lessons (in bassoon, piano, or saxophone), and drama, again either to assist with school work or personal coaching. I can offer repertoire coaching for singers, with a specialism in Musical Theatre, as well as help with learning to read music, or preparing for an audition or exam.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I graduated in 2014 from the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, with an MA in Music Theatre (Distinction), and in 2010 I graduated with First Class Honours from the Birmingham Conservatoire, where I studied bassoon.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Since January 2014 I have been working with 9-12 year olds, and then from September 2014 the range increased from 5 years to 40+! During 2010 and 2011 I coached students at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, which included teaching music theory and Sibelius skills, accompanying, and vocal coaching.
- How much do you charge?
- £35/hour, £20 for half an hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in London, preferably at the students' homes. Please note if you wish to learn an instrument you will need access to one of your own! There are rental schemes available, which we can discuss if needed.
- When are you available?
- I am available during the week - I occasionally need to be flexible, but I will always give plenty of notice, and am happy for you to be flexible when necessary too. I expect at least 48 hours notice of cancellations.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach up to university/conservatoire level. For bassoon and saxophone, it is always a good idea to check that you have the hand span/height to be able to handle the instrument properly, before purchase!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- If you would like to take exams during your study there are various boards to choose from, which have different requirements - we can discuss them and see which is right for you. Personally I have the most experience with the ABRSM board.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Some subjects we can discuss via email - for example, what sort of rep you might need for audition - but often both music and drama work is quite physical, so online tutelage may not be suitable.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Equity and Spotlight.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, and before that, the Birmingham Conservatoire, where I studied with Meyrick Alexander, Nick Hunka, Margaret Cookhorn, Michael Harris, and Lionel Friend.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Learning a new skill is worth the work - and the work is fun!
Send a message to Clare Aster
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more