CV Writing Skills in Brighton, Hove and Southwick
Tutors travelling to Brighton and Hove
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Aspire Academy||Upton St. Leonards, GL3|
|Nicole O'Driscoll||Heaton, NE7|
|Joanna Gray||Kempston, MK42|
|Dr Seraphin||Bloomsbury, WC1H|
|Steve2014||Parsons Green, SW6|
|Jo Anne Newson||Kingfield, GU22|
|Stephen Price||Leatherhead, KT22|
|Patrizia Pisano||Fairfield, CR0|
|Lucia Brandi||New Cross, SE15|
|UK English Lessons||Waterloo, SE1|
|Michele Carruthers||Honeybourne, CV37|
|Richard Sainsbury||Ash South, GU12|
|Marion Friend MBE||Old Malden, KT3|
|Laura Pasternack||Ealing Common, W3|
|Fleur Daemen||Kentish Town, N19|
|Nathan Williams||Central Bristol, BS8|
|Janette Sedgebeer||Sydenham, SE26|
|Martin Thomasson||Whittle-le-Woods, PR6|
|T Blaukopf||Hendon, NW4|
|Carrie Garbow||East Saltdean, BN2|
|Julie Howell||Stanground, PE2|
|Jay||London Colney, WD7|
|Jeel Shah||Wembley Central, HA0|
|Fotis Rese||Westminster, W1|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for CV Writing
- Personal Message
- I am a professional lyricist and songwriter. However, my main passion is teaching. I am of a friendly and encouraging nature and I am confident I will be able to help you achieve to the best of your ability.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach songwriting (including lyric writing,) music theory, music composition and general musicianship, this includes aural development, sight reading and improvisation. I also teach creative writing and I can also help with writing CVs.
At university I learnt about the modern music industry and how to find success as an artist and/or songwriter. Where relevant, I can help you take the first steps towards a career, in addition to developing your talent.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- My most relevant qualifications are as follows:
BA (Hons) Music Composition
BTECH Music (Merit)
ABRSM Music Theory Grade 5 (Distinction)
A full list of my qualifications (including GCSEs and AS Levels) can be found on my LinkedIn page.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have experience teaching privately on a one-on-one basis. I also have experience guiding young adults through post-16 education. This involved assisting with homework and coursework. I also run JP Music and Lyrics Tutoring. JPML Tutoring delivers songwriting, lyric writing and music business workshops/short courses in and around Brighton and Hove. More information about this is available on my website.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 per hour and £15 per half hour. There will be an additional travel fee if my travel costs more than £5. I enjoy walking and will tend to walk up to two miles. I am happy to do a discount for group lessons (of two students or more) at £20 per person.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my students' home or online via Skype. I am happy teach students living in and around Brighton and Hove. This includes Rottingdean, Lewes, Uckfield, Haywards Heath, Burgess Hill, Portslade and Shoreham.
- When are you available?
- I am available on weekdays during the day and in the evenings. I also teach on weekends but I am not usually available in the evenings because I am usually teaching JPML Tutoring workshops. I teach creative writing at beginner-intermediate level.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I tend to teach music theory grade 5 and below. With songwriting, composition and musicianship I teach all ages and abilities. I teach creative writing at beginner-intermediate level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- My lessons will be of benefit to:
- Musicians preparing for ABRSM music theory exams.
- Secondary and post-16 students looking for extra tuition when completing coursework or preparing for tests.
- Budding songwriters looking to improve their songwriting skills and create a musical identity.
- Songwriters wanting to write professional songs, possibly for an EP or album
- In general, anyone interested in learning music theory or songwriting. I teach student of all ages and will help you meet your goals and ambitions.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Send a message to Justine Perry
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more