Online CV Writing Coaches / CV Writing Skills
- Abdur-Rahman Chachia Balham, SW17
- Aspire Academy Upton St. Leonards, GL3
- Jay London Colney, WD7
- Michele Carruthers Honeybourne, CV37
- Dr Seraphin Bloomsbury, WC1H
- Marion Friend MBE Old Malden, KT3
- Carrie Garbow East Saltdean, BN2
- Fleur Daemen Kentish Town, N19
- Joanna Gray Elstow and Stewartby, MK42
- Naz Sekerkiran Rottingdean, BN2
- Patrizia Pisano Fairfield, CR0
- Jeel Shah Wembley Central, HA0
- Andi Cambridge, CB2
- T Blaukopf Hendon, NW4
- Julie Howell Orton, PE2
- Jo Anne Newson Pyrford, GU22
- Laura Pasternack Ealing Common, W3
- Martin Thomasson Whittle-le-Woods, PR6
- Stephen Price Leatherhead, KT22
- Nathan Williams Central Bristol, BS8
- Janette Sedgebeer Sydenham, SE26
- Nicole O'Driscoll Heaton, NE7
- Fotis Rese Westminster, W1
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for CV Writing
- Personal Message
- I am an enthusiastic former industry professional keen to pass on my knowledge of career building skills to today's university applicants, graduates and professionals.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am fully equipped with Skype and Webcam and so can conduct practice interviews and discussions via a video link if and when meeting in person is not practical. However where possible I do prefer to do most meetings and coaching, including practice interviews, face-to-face.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- * Personal Statement Development and Assistance for University applicants * CV Development and Writing for Graduates and mid-Career professionals * Job Applications for Graduates and mid-Career professionals * Interview Skills and Techniques for University applicants, Graduates and mid-Career professionals * Networking skills for mid-career professionals * Presentation preparation and delivery skills.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- MA in Engineering (Cambridge University) PRINCE (Project Management) Certified
- What kind of experience do you have?
- After many years of international industry experience in Personnel and Senior Management positions with Schlumberger, the world’s leading oilfield service company, I have developed a new career in the coaching and training of people in the skills needed to build a successful career. My extensive practical international experience in recruitment, from fresh-out graduates to mid-career hires, has given me an extraordinary insight into not only what organisations are looking for but also how applicants can best position themselves to succeed at interviews. Additionally, throughout my career I was involved with mentoring and coaching of employees, assisting them in selecting and obtaining their next key positions in order to build successful careers. On many occasions I have seen good candidates fail to make the most of the opportunity presented by an interview and not get the position that they had applied for. With the ever increasing cost of education it continues to surprise me that more time is not spent on learning and practicing the important skills that are necessary to succeed at interview. The tens of thousands of pounds spent on private and university education by students (and their parents), the hours of study to obtain the best grades, the extracurricular activities and personal statements are all wasted if the student is not able to “sell” themselves convincingly at a university or job interview. With this in mind I have recently created Stelis Consulting Ltd., which specialises in offering interview skills coaching to individuals and organisations (school 6th Forms, university Careers organisations, etc). Personal coaching and seminars can all be tailored to meet the needs of the clients and can be organised at a mutually convenient location.
- How much do you charge?
- My basic rates are as stated above for individual private clients at my office. If travel is involved there may be a small additional charge. For groups or school seminar requests, my fees depend on the level of coaching requested, the distance and travel time, the facilities to be provided etc so please contact me directly for a quote.
- Where do you teach?
- I prefer to conduct one-to -one tutoring from my office in Leatherhead, Surrey. However I am also to prepared to travel to the student's home if required. I also run group seminars for students applying to university and university students applying for their first jobs. These can be for 20 -25 people per session, held at school or in at a local conference centre and can be from 2-3 hours long to a full day, depending on the scope of work to be covered.
- When are you available?
- I am available during normal working hours and most evenings, I will also travel to organised seminars and these can be on a Saturday or Sunday if required.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Any age from school 6th form upwards.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- University application and interviews Graduate job interviews Mid-career and change of career interviews Corporate internal interviews.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a current CRB certificate
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have successfully coached and trained university applicants to some of the UK's top universities in subjects as diverse as Medicine, Law and Modern Languages. I have also coached graduates in Engineering, Earth sciences and other subjects, assisting them to achieve their goals and obtain the jobs they have applied for.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Interview skills and techniques can be learnt and must be practised diligently to really do yourself justice at an interview. The good news is that many people fail to do this correctly, if at all, so if you can make that effort you will stand out at every interview you attend !
Send a message to Stephen Price
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more