Online English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Teachers / English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Tuition
See Also: English; A-level English; Business English; Certificate of Advanced English (CAE); Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE); GCSE English; Higher English; IELTS; Key Stage 1 English; Key Stage 2 English; Key Stage 3 English; National 4/5 English; Scottish Primary 1-3 English; Scottish Primary 4-7 English; Scottish Secondary 1-2 English; University English
|Jill Barnett||Heaton, NE6|
|David Pope||Abingdon, OX14|
|Elvira I||Burton Joyce, NG14|
|Helen Skarpari||Blackheath, SE3|
|Margherita Spanu||Hammersmith, W6|
|Monika Key||Coombe Wood, KT2|
|Rachel Ashby||Wednesfield, WV11|
|Liliane||Bounds Green, N11|
|Stephen F. Smith||Broadstone, BH21|
|Seval (Miss)||Cockfosters, N14|
|Joanna Gray||Kempston, MK42|
|Mari Carmen||Redland, BS6|
|Shahriar||Wimbledon Park, SW19|
|Ciara Cook||Kirkstall, LS6|
|Adaku Parker||Bellingham, SE6|
|Lena Roland||Southdown, BA2|
|Kat Browning Music||Caernarfon, LL55|
|Jon Clark||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Karon Rickatson||Derwent, YO41|
|Cerasela E.||Chiswick, W4|
|Charlie Flint||Shoreditch, E2|
|Alicia BA (Hons) Music||Werrington, PE4|
|Fleur Daemen||Kentish Town, N19|
|Alfred Emery||Wish, BN41|
|Benjamin Maeurer||Richmond, TW10|
|Debbie Wood||Tolworth, KT6|
|Andy Aroditis||Ilford, IG1|
|Johannes Kramer||Sloane Square, SW7|
|Paul Wells||Skelton, Rawcliffe a, YO32|
|Martina Brierly||Norbiton, KT5|
|Dr Robin Wooldridge||Edgbaston, B29|
|UK English Lessons||Waterloo, SE1|
|Gerard RM||Blackheath, SE3|
|Caroline Thomson||Crofton and Ryhill, WF1|
|Sheena Natasha Chan||South Croydon, CR2|
|Andrea Holland||Central Norwich, NR1|
|Amber Armitage||Stoke Newington, N5|
|Brian Pickering||Romsey, SO51|
|Sarah Perkins||Kingston, KT1|
|Joanne Singer||King's Cross, WC1X|
|Michele Carruthers||Honeybourne, CV37|
|Lodovico||Central Chester, CH4|
|Zara Remnant||Spalding, PE11|
|Birmingham English||Moseley, B13|
|Lingua Genesis Ltd||Central Sheffield, S11|
|Steven French||Harpenden, AL5|
|Emilce Sandra Rees||Chelsea, SW3|
|Olga Hornett||Watford, WD4|
|Lucia Brandi||New Cross, SE15|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, SW6|
|Pam Williams||Brixton, SW9|
|Karolina Zielinska||Carterton, OX18|
|Jane Emma||Holborn, WC1A|
|Barbara Tremain||Penzance, TR20|
|Tim Strauss||Preston Park, BN1|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Antoinette Farrelly||Stratford, E15|
|Inga Lincke||Kemsing, TN15|
|Janette Sedgebeer||Sydenham, SE26|
|Susan P||Shalford, GU4|
|Nigel Houghton||Battersea, SW11|
|Mrs Thanvi||Snaresbrook, E18|
|Kim Neal||Surbiton, KT6|
|Joanne Bicknell||Thorpe, SS1|
|Abigail Williams||Archway, N15|
|Jim Cooney||Cockett, SA2|
|Christine Sautereau-Chandley||Royal Tunbridge Wells, TN3|
|James Dedman||Walthamstow, E17|
|Davina Dwyer||Hexham, NE46|
|Dr Anna Watson||Avenue, HU5|
|Matthew Thompson||Central Bristol, BS2|
|Peter M Smith||Central Edinburgh, EH1|
|Patrizia Pisano||Fairfield, CR0|
|Sandra Burne||Cheltenham, GL51|
|Michael M.||West Twickenham, TW2|
|Jessie Levene||Hebden Bridge, HX7|
|Dr Helen Mathers||Hillsborough, S6|
|Mischa Foster Poole||East Dulwich, SE15|
|Dr. Victor Mannion||Gloucester Road, SW5|
|Isabel Nieves||Crouch End, N8|
|Candy||Leamington Spa, CV31|
|Louise Armstrong||Earby, BB8|
|Russell Keith||Southfields, SW15|
|Dr. Anne Raabe||Central Brighton, BN1|
|Dr Seraphin||Bloomsbury, WC1H|
|Alison Sesi||Farley, LU1|
|Ric Morris||Hove, BN3|
|Jeff Bragg||Sutton Central, SM1|
|Howard Stephens||Llanwern, NP26|
|Nadia Younas||Ealing Broadway, W13|
|Joan Iyiola||Brixton, SE5|
|T Blaukopf||Hendon, NW4|
|Sara Marks||Moortown, LS17|
|Graham James||Notting Hill, W8|
|Timothy Walker||Linacre, S40|
|Alex Jeffery||Putney, SW15|
|Anna Fergusson||Gloucester Road, W8|
|Janine M.||Erith, DA8|
|Qualified Spanish NATIVE Tutor||Street, BA6|
|Mary Thompson||Streatham, SW16|
|Justin Potter||Salisbury, SP1|
|Tina Hemphill||Banbury, OX16|
|Jesse Dupre||Clapham Common, SW4|
|Pauline Midwinter||Beccles, NR34|
|Sophie G||Sloane Square, SW7|
|David Romero||Holloway, N7|
|Olivia Allen||Shoreditch, E2|
|Pass Psychology||Offerton, SK2|
|Maria Rumney||Great Malvern, WR14|
|Kristina F||Notting Hill, W2|
|Barbara Blazquez Castro||Gosfield, CM7|
|Leo Munns||Great Dunmow, CM6|
|Judith Brennan||Annfield Plain, DH9|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for English as a Foreign Language (EFL)
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced teacher of students over 16. I can meet your English language needs and help you to improve your grades.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Students contact me by email to ask for help. If proof-reading help is needed, I will correct an email attachment and send it back when I have received payment. I can normally do this quite quickly. I can also conduct tutorials by skype using materials emailed to the student. Payments for online tutoring are made by direct transfer to my bank account.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English writing, grammar, speaking and reading. I can help with study skills and improve your essays and dissertations. I can help with access to university.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA (Hons) in History and Politics, and a PhD in History. I have the CELTA qualification to teach international students and Diplomas in teaching university and adult students.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been a private tutor for several years. I also teach for the Open University, helping first-year students to deal with the demands of undergraduate study.
I have taught many postgraduate dissertation students and specialise in the humanities and social sciences. I have taught access courses in humanities and ‘returning to study’ at Sheffield University. I taught History undergraduates at both Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam universities.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £20 an hour for a tutorial. This could be divided between 2 students, if friends want to have a lesson together. I charge £20 per hour for proof-reading work. I will try to tell you in advance how much I think it will cost.
- Where do you teach?
- Quite a lot of my work is online, looking at written drafts and improving them. I also teach via skype.
I sometimes teach at my home, in north Sheffield. More often, I travel to students’ homes or a meeting place of their choice. I charge extra for my travelling time - £16 an hour. As a guide, travel across Sheffield to somewhere like Dore or Ecclesall would cost an extra £12, but a location nearer to my home, like Crosspool or Crookes, would cost £6.
I can often help you at short notice - just ask.
I also teach in Cambridge at a flat in Trumpington (near Addenbrooke's Hospital). I need more notice if you would like a personal tutorial in Cambridge, but of course I can also give you help online.
- When are you available?
- I am available for consultation on any day, at any time, up to 10 pm. Tutorials can be held at any time of day, by arrangement.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages from 16 to 90 !
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I help students to prepare for university exams of all kinds in humanities and social sciences, undergraduate and postgraduate. I plan soon to help students who are taking the Academic module of the IELTS (International English Language Testing System), required for university entry.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Universities and Colleges Union (for teachers) Society of Authors
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Sheffield University for all my qualifications. I gained CELTA in 2011.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have a mature student from Saudi Arabia who has come here with her children to study for a degree. I advise on how to improve her assignments and prepare for the exams. A Bulgarian waiter travels to meet me for lessons in English grammar and speaking. Students regularly ask me to proof-read MA and PhD dissertations.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I can help you! Coping with written work and exams, especially with a deadline looming, is very demanding and can be stressful. I will help with your immediate problems, and also advise on how to develop better skills for academic work. As an experienced private tutor, I will focus on your needs and your needs only. You will not be part of a class. It is worth paying for extra help, just for you, sometimes !
I can help you to: · Improve your writing. · Express yourself more clearly and precisely. · Get better grades. · Solve problems you have with using the English language at university. · Cope with exams.
Send a message to Dr Helen Mathers
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more