English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Tuition in Bromley (Penge, Beckenham, Orpington, Crystal Palace, Chislehurst)
Tutors travelling to Bromley
- Rapport Caterham, CR3
- Janine M. Erith, DA8
- Sowmya Kennington, SE1
- Joanna Lucie Lewisham, SE4
- Max Troy Middle Park, SE12
- Andy Tsao Greenwich, SE13
- Yue Zhou (Joe) New Cross, SE14
- Mischa Foster Poole East Dulwich, SE15
- Rory Foster Trevethan Kennington, SE17
- Emma Møller Tulse Hill, SE21
- Mary Thompson Streatham, SW16
Interested in online tuition for English as a Foreign Language (EFL)?Online English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for English as a Foreign Language (EFL)
- Personal Message
- Your voice is the only instrument which you always carry with you. It's the outlet for your expression, feelings, moods and the mirror of your personality.
Singing is just an extension of speaking voice. Discover what you can do with it.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Singing: Jazz, Pop, Musicals, Brazilian music. English as a Foreign Language. Portuguese as a Foreign Language.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Bachelor of Music with Honours including Teacher Diploma. Specialisation: Jazz Singing.
BA in English - teacher of English as a Foreign Language.
Portuguese Language Advanced Level Certificate from Federal University of Rio de Janeiro.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- 11 years of singing teaching experience: private vocal coach as well a teacher at music schools across The Netherlands ( i.e.Dordtse Muziekschool )
4 years of foreign languages teaching experience.
- How much do you charge?
- £30 - Singing Lessons
£25 - English as a foreign language lessons
£20 - Portuguese as a foreign language lessons
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at home as well as areas near SE19.
- When are you available?
- Available at various times of the day.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I gladly teach any ages and any levels. I adjust the programme of each lesson individually according to my students' age, abilities, interests, personalities and even moods.
I try to make the lessons challenging in order to promote progress and yet all of this in a non-frustrating, but rather motivating way.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can help to prepare my students for an entrance exam to a music conservatoire: singing technique, Jazz/Pop/Music Theatre repertoire, music theory, ear training, vocal improvisation.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I do have a current DBS check.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained mainly in The Netherlands and Brazil. More info on my website www.gabrielakozyra.wordpress.com
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I want to tell you a bit about one of my students: a very shy girl who loves music, loves singing and playing instruments. She has a great interest in music, in composition, in sound engineering. I love to teach her because she treats it very seriously. Her biggest challenge is to get over her fears, to open up her voice, to show her personality on stage, in other words, to perform. So our singing lessons are not just about the technical part. We talk a lot about the psychological aspects of performing. The voice is the most vulnerable of all instruments, because it is a person. It is you! And any moods, worries, fears, excitement, personality, sadness, happiness will always be reflected in it. It's like a mirror of your soul. It is very difficult to show it all to a public through singing or any other kind of public performance. So, I challenge my student a lot giving her time, space and distance, for her to digest the challenge and to go for it. I know how important it is for her to, in the first place, gain more self-confidence, because what will follow is her voice opening up and coming out in a stronger, more beautiful and truthful, authentic and genuine form. Now, after 4 months of working with her we both can finally see and feel the progress she is making in both: singing itself and becoming a stronger performer.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- If you love it - go for it!!!
Send a message to Gabi Kozyra
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more