English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Tuition in Slough
Other areas: Hillingdon; South Bucks; Spelthorne; Windsor and Maidenhead; Online English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Tuition
See Also: English; A-level English; Business English; Certificate of Advanced English (CAE); Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE); GCSE English; Higher English; IELTS; Key Stage 1 English; Key Stage 2 English; Key Stage 3 English; University English
Tutors in Slough
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Slough
- Teresa Pells Uxbridge, UB10
- Steven French Harpenden, AL5
- Jon Clark Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- Birmingham English Moseley, B13
- Dr Robin Wooldridge Edgbaston, B29
- Lena Roland Southdown, BA2
- Qualified Spanish NATIVE Tutor Street, BA6
- Louise Armstrong Earby, BB8
- Stephen F. Smith Broadstone, BH21
- Dr. Anne Raabe Central Brighton, BN1
- Tim Strauss Preston Park, BN1
- Ric Morris Hove, BN3
- Leonor Eastbourne, BN22
- Alfred Emery Wish, BN41
- Matthew Thompson Central Bristol, BS2
- Mari Carmen Redland, BS6
- Andi Cambridge, CB2
- Lodovico Central Chester, CH4
- Leo Munns Great Dunmow, CM6
- Barbara Blazquez Castro Gosfield, CM7
- Patrizia Pisano Fairfield, CR0
- Sheena Natasha Chan South Croydon, CR2
- Candy Leamington Spa, CV31
- Michele Carruthers Honeybourne, CV37
- Janine M. Erith, DA8
- Judith Brennan Annfield Plain, DH9
- Charlie Flint Shoreditch, E2
- Olivia Allen Shoreditch, E2
- Antoinette Farrelly Stratford, E15
- James Dedman Walthamstow, E17
- Mrs Thanvi Snaresbrook, E18
- Peter M Smith Central Edinburgh, EH1
- Becky Heavitree, EX2
- Sandra Burne Cheltenham, GL51
- Susan P Shalford, GU4
- Dr Anna Watson Avenue, HU5
- Jessie Levene Hebden Bridge, HX7
- Andy Aroditis Ilford, IG1
- Sarah Perkins Kingston, KT1
- Monika Key Coombe Wood, KT2
- Suzanne Delves New Malden, KT3
- Martina Brierly Norbiton, KT5
- Debbie Wood Tolworth, KT6
- Kim Neal Surbiton, KT6
- Kat Browning Music Caernarfon, LL55
- Ciara Cook Kirkstall, LS6
- Sara Marks Moortown, LS17
- Alison Sesi Farley, LU1
- Matt Didsbury, M19
- Silvina83 Charing, ME13
- Joanna Gray Kempston, MK42
- Amber Armitage Stoke Newington, N5
- David Romero Holloway, N7
- Isabel Nieves Crouch End, N8
- Liliane Bounds Green, N11
- Seval (Miss) Cockfosters, N14
- Abigail Williams Archway, N15
- Fleur Daemen Kentish Town, N19
- Jill Barnett Heaton, NE6
- Davina Dwyer Hexham, NE46
- Elvira I Burton Joyce, NG14
- Howard Stephens Llanwern, NP26
- Andrea Holland Central Norwich, NR1
- Pauline Midwinter Beccles, NR34
- T Blaukopf Hendon, NW4
- David Pope Abingdon, OX14
- Tina Hemphill Banbury, OX16
- Karolina Zielinska Carterton, OX18
- Alicia BA (Hons) Music Werrington, PE4
- Fiona Newborough, PE4
- Zara Remnant Spalding, PE11
- Dr Helen Mathers Hillsborough, S6
- Lingua Genesis Ltd Central Sheffield, S11
- Timothy Walker Linacre, S40
- Jim Cooney Cockett, SA2
- Sowmya Kennington, SE1
- UK English Lessons Waterloo, SE1
- Gerard RM Blackheath, SE3
- Helen Skarpari Blackheath, SE3
- Joan Iyiola Brixton, SE5
- Adaku Parker Bellingham, SE6
- Lucia Brandi New Cross, SE15
- Mischa Foster Poole East Dulwich, SE15
- Janette Sedgebeer Sydenham, SE26
- Pass Psychology Offerton, SK2
- Jeff Bragg Sutton Central, SM1
- Brian Pickering Romsey, SO51
- Justin Potter Salisbury, SP1
- Joanne Bicknell Thorpe, SS1
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Emilce Sandra Rees Chelsea, SW3
- Jesse Dupre Clapham Common, SW4
- Dr. Victor Mannion Gloucester Road, SW5
- Emma Storey Fulham, SW6
- Johannes Kramer Sloane Square, SW7
- Sophie G Sloane Square, SW7
- Pam Williams Brixton, SW9
- Nigel Houghton Battersea, SW11
- Alex Jeffery Putney, SW15
- Russell Keith Southfields, SW15
- Mary Thompson Streatham, SW16
- Shahriar Wimbledon Park, SW19
- Christine Sautereau-Chandley Royal Tunbridge Wells, TN3
- Inga Lincke Kemsing, TN15
- Barbara Tremain Penzance, TR20
- Michael M. West Twickenham, TW2
- Benjamin Maeurer Richmond, TW10
- Kristina F Notting Hill, W2
- Cerasela E. Chiswick, W4
- Miss Olubi Ealing Broadway, W5
- Margherita Spanu Hammersmith, W6
- Anna Fergusson Gloucester Road, W8
- Graham James Notting Hill, W8
- Nadia Younas Ealing Broadway, W13
- Dr Seraphin Bloomsbury, WC1H
- Jane Emma Holborn, WC1A
- Joanne Singer King's Cross, WC1X
- Olga Hornett Watford, WD4
- Caroline Thomson Crofton and Ryhill, WF1
- Maria Rumney Great Malvern, WR14
- Rachel Ashby Wednesfield, WV11
- Paul Wells Skelton, Rawcliffe a, YO32
- Karon Rickatson Derwent, YO41
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for English as a Foreign Language (EFL)
- Personal Message
- I'm a young professional singer with a passion for teaching. I help my students to achieve measurable progress whilst having fun! I'm sensitive to the learning styles of individuals and create a scheme of work designed to meet their specific needs.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Classical Singing (bel canto)
Other styles of singing
KS1 and KS2 English and Maths, KS3 English
7+ 9+ and 11+ entrance exams
English as a foreign language
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- 2011 - 2013 I completed a Masters in vocal performance at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, preparing me for work in music education and as a freelance performer
2008 When teaching English as a foreign language in Bologna, Italy, I passed my CELTA teaching qualification with class B (top 10% of candidates)
2005 - 2008 I gained a 1st in my undergraduate degree at the University of Cambridge whilst training as a choral scholar at Selwyn College
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I started teaching English in 2008 whilst living in Italy, having gained my teaching qualification to teach EFL. I then resumed teaching in 2011 when I started a part-time Masters, this time in Maths, English (at primary school level) and singing. My teaching practise has grown so that in the summer months I lead intensive 11+ workshops working with small groups of children. Over the past three years I've continuously tutored students between the ages of 6 and 12 in Maths and English, singing pupils of all ages, and English as a foreign language at all levels.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge:
£35 for an hour
£18 for half an hour
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my studio in Uxbridge and also travel to student's homes to teach. I'm close to Harrow, Hillingdon, Southall, Ickenham, Ruislip, Watford and West Drayton and can travel to W, NW, SW and Central London.
- When are you available?
- Weekday evenings and Saturdays. More daytime availability in school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am happy to teach all ages and levels in classical singing, and there is no upper age limit.
In Maths I teach children from the age of 6 through to 12 and in English this extends to the age of 16 at GCSE level.
In EFL/ESL I teach adults of all ages and young learners (aged between 10 and 17) from beginner to advanced levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Singing - I can prepare students for any exam (ABRSM or Trinity/Guildhall)
Maths and English - 11+ and Common Entrance
English - GCSE
EFL - Cambridge First Certificate (FCE), IELTS, CPE, and other EFL exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Singing training:
Colchester County High School - Liz Stokes
University of Cambridge- Anita Morrison
Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance and present teacher - Sophie Grimmer
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Recent student successes include:
A student being selected for Townley Grammar School, after a course of 15 intensive lessons to prepare for the 11+.
A student gaining entry in year 7 to Blackheath High School for Girls, after a year's tuition to improve Maths and English confidence.
A year 5 student progressing from national curriculum level 3B to 4A in Numeracy within one term whilst having Maths tuition.
An English as a Second Language student gaining level 8 in the IELTS test and being accepted to UCL to study Engineering after a year and a half of EFL tuition.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I recognise a student's tutoring time as something outside of their academic or work commitments and therefore make my lessons enjoyable and informative by always taking a fun approach to learning. Take a look at my testimonials to get a flavour of how I teach. From my own musical and academic training I've gained the knowledge to help students to achieve their goals in a structured, positive way. If you have any questions feel free to call me to chat about your specific learning needs. I look forward to hearing from you!
Send a message to Teresa Pells
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more