Fine Art Tuition in Bromley (Penge, Beckenham, Orpington, Crystal Palace, Chislehurst)
Tutors in Bromley
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Bromley
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Fine Art
- Personal Message
- I like to tailor my teaching to what you want to get out of learning the software or the camera, whether its just for fun or for professional reasons.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Photoshop- Editing photographs, creating photo-collages, creating layouts, retouching images (including skin retouching)
Areas you may wish to learn about could include:-
-Working in layers
-Preparing images for print
-Cropping and Resizing
-Sharpening and softening
-Photoshop for design
Art and Design - Composition, narrative, context, art history.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Loughborough University, 2008 BA Fine Art (Hons) First Class.
Central Saint Martins, 2011-2013 MA fine Art.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Currently I teach fashion and beauty retouching courses for groups at Photography Course London and photography courses at Platform 39. I also teach several students regularly on a one to one basis.
I work for a London based company as a creative retoucher, producing images for architecture practices, advertising and fashion. I also freelance as a wedding and event photographer.
- How much do you charge?
- £45 an hour for one to one tuition. For groups and business bookings please enquire for a quote.
- Where do you teach?
- I am based in South East London but I'm happy to travel within zones 1-3 in London.
- When are you available?
- Changes from week to week, please enquire.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I've taught all ages from 7 upwards, and levels from the very basics of getting to grips with Photoshop to using it at an advanced level often required for professional tasks.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I have guided students through portfolio preparation, both in making the aesthetic decisions and in using photoshop to finish it to a professional level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- My CRB is dated from August 2011.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Currently:- I run courses at London College of Communication on using Photoshop for Compositing. I also teach courses in Retouching for Fashion and Beauty at Photography Course London, and Photoshop courses for all levels at Platform 39, where I also teach a street photography course.
Some of my recent students include a fashion photographer, wishing to learn retouching skills, a print/textile designer and a film production company.
Send a message to Helen Saunders
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more