Fine Art Tuition in Bromley (Penge, Beckenham, Orpington, Crystal Palace, Chislehurst)
Tutors in Bromley
- Barbara Scialo Penge, SE26
Tutors travelling to Bromley
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Fine Art
- Personal Message
- All children are creative by nature. I love to encourage and nurture this innate quality.
I provide an inspirational teaching environment with interesting resources and
offer a friendly and professional service to cater for your personal needs.
Please feel free to contact me for more information.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Art & Design
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I studied Tapestry at the Academy of fine Art in Vienna where I graduated in1994
and completed my PGCE in Art & Design at Greenwich University in 2006
I have A-levels in German, English, Mathematic and RE.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I organize and deliver Art & Craft workshops for children and adults as part of community projects since 1992.
Since 2006 I have taught Art& Design as well as Textiles in secondary schools. I am experienced with a range of techniques working in 2D and 3D
including drawing, painting, print making, ceramics, paper mache, batik, weaving, screen printing, fashion design etc.
I am a practicing artist and educator and regularly attend courses to further my professional development.
Apart of Art I have worked as a language assistant practising German Conversation with GCSE and A-Level students.
German is my native language.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £ 20 per hour for key stage 1, 2 & 3
£ 25 per hour for GCSE and A-level support
I also offer group sessions. In this case prices depend on the numbers of students.
Travel expenses are calculated accordingly.
I also provide art materials at cost price.
- Where do you teach?
- I like to teach at my studio space at home. However, I don't mind traveling to your home. I cover areas in E, SE and SW London as well as Bromley, Croydon
- When are you available?
- As I'm working on a freelance basis I can tailor my timetable around your needs.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach children from 7 to 18.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE and A-Level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am registered with the GTC and I'm a member of the NSEAD (National Society for Education in Art and Design).