Flute Lessons in Bromley (Penge, Beckenham, Orpington, Crystal Palace, Chislehurst)
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Bromley
Tutors travelling to Bromley
- Dave J Ford Almond, KY14
- Udita Everett Central Brighton, BN1
- Jonathan Booty Didsbury, M20
- Sam Miles Woodwind Teacher Willesden Green, NW2
- Tom Harrison Oval, SW8
- Zinajda Kodrič Streatham, SW2
- Sami Taylor Turnpike Lane, N15
- Jana Cadez Amali Flute Tutor Hanover, BN2
- Ed Haine Chingford, E4
- Adam Harvey Lockleaze, BS5
- Anthony Brown Tooting, SW17
- Paul McBretney Easton, NR18
- Musicplus Caddington, LU1
- Joann Kerrigan Astley Mosley Common, M28
- Jemma Freestone Camberwell, SE5
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Flute
Hollie Macdonald MMus ABRSMDip Gold Member
- Crystal Palace (SE19) View on map
- Last Logged In: 22 Apr 2015
- Sex: Female
- Web site: www.holliemacdonaldflute.com
- Can Travel To: City of London, Croydon, Greenwich, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Lambeth, Lewisham, Southwark
- Personal Message
- I am a fun and enthusiastic flute teacher with 11 years of teaching experience... I teach all ages, different genres of music, and all standards.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Flute, piccolo, fife, recorder, music theory lessons.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Masters in Music with Distinction from The Royal Northern College of Music. I did my Bachelor of Music at The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. At both conservatoires I specialised in flute performance. I have an ABRSM Diploma in the principal teachings of flute.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching for over 10 years now and enjoy it very much. I am very experienced teaching 5-10 year olds the recorder, flute beginners (8 years - adult), mixed ages grade 1-8 standard and teenagers and adults that are advanced (post grade 8).
I organise regular concerts so that my students can grow in confidence and always have something positive to strive for. For some this is the first time they experience playing with a pianist. Parents and friends are warmly welcomed to all concerts and it's a wonderful occasion for everyone.
My students have a practice diary and know what to prepare for each coming lesson. I teach in a friendly, light and fun way. Aural and theory are naturally incorporated into lessons. I encourage my pupils to improvise and even compose if they want to.
- How much do you charge?
- £17.50 / half hour
£26.25 / 45 mins
£35 / hour
Lessons in your home are inclusive of travel and priced at:
£25 / half hour
£45 / hour
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from home in Crystal Palace and at students' houses around London.
I am a 5 minute walk from both Crystal Palace overground station and bus station. Near by stations include Sydenham, Gipsy Hill, Brockley, East Dulwich, West Dulwich, Canada Water, Canary Wharf, Anerley, Norwood junction, West Croydon, Penge West etc. I am easy to get to directly on the overground from London Bridge and Victoria, (roughly 20 minutes).
I am currently teaching in Canary Wharf, Chelsea, Earls Court and High Street Kensington. I have slots available for these areas as well as other parts of London.
- When are you available?
- Please get in touch for availability and I am always happy to answer any questions.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all abilities and ages, from 5 year old recorder players, adult beginners to advanced students at music college level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Grades 1 - 8 (both ABRSM and Trinity exam boards, depending on what you prefer). ABRSM Performance Diploma assistance. Help with all recital and ensemble preparation of any kind.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I am CRB checked. NSPCC child protection certificate.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I do not tutor online.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My students are so different in personality and how they learn... I adapt my many teaching methods to suit every individual person. I adore all of my students so it's very difficult to single any out! But what I will say is that I understand that everyone is different and I feel I am very sensitive to this. I encourage my students to be self motivated and to think for themselves, even from as young as 5 years old. That way, as they mature they have the opportunity to nurture their self motivation instead of having to suddenly become self disciplined when it's socially expected. I am a great believer in not patronising my youngest pupils and am so happy that they stick to their practice timetables... and my goodness does it make a difference for later on! I feel I am very flexible with my students in terms of what they want from their lessons; from exam preperation, concert preperation, getting the most out of learning and enjoying making wonderful music. I have adults learning the flute purely for fun (it's never too late)! and also adults that did it in School but want to come back to it after a 20 year break.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Whether you are trying to find a teacher for your child or for yourself, I am only too happy to answer any questions or give advice. Just drop me an email! Thank you for reading this page and please feel free to browse my teaching page on my website.
Send a message to Hollie Macdonald MMus ABRSMDip
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more