Flute Lessons in Bromley (Penge, Beckenham, Orpington, Crystal Palace, Chislehurst)
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Bromley
Tutors travelling to Bromley
- Paul McBretney Easton, NR18
- Joann Kerrigan Astley Mosley Common, M28
- Dave J Ford Almond, KY14
- Jemma Freestone Camberwell, SE5
- Andrew Freidin Cowley, OX3
- Udita Everett Central Brighton, BN1
- Adam Harvey Lockleaze, BS5
- Anthony Brown Tooting, SW17
- Sam Miles Woodwind Teacher Willesden Green, NW2
- Sami Taylor Turnpike Lane, N15
- Jana Cadez Amali Flute Tutor Hanover, BN2
- Musicplus Caddington, LU1
- Jonathan Booty Didsbury, M20
- Tom Harrison Oval, SW8
- Matt Mockford Caerau, CF5
- Ed Haine Chingford, E4
- Katherine Smith Brockley, SE10
- Zinajda Kodrič Streatham, SW2
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Flute
- Personal Message
- I strive to create fun and enjoyable lessons whilst being a committed teacher. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach flute at any level, beginner piano (up to grade 5), beginner recorder and music theory.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I recently have been awarded an International Artist Diploma from the Royal Northern College of Music (the highest qualification offered for performance from the conservatoire). I also have a MMus Degree (with Distinction) in music performance and a First Class BMus (hons) degree in music performance from the Royal Northern College of Music which I took with flute as my principal study instrument. I also have a diploma from LCM on the piano.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have experience in teaching privately at home and in group workshops. I am also a flute teacher at Manchester University. As a performer I have played as a soloist, chamber, orchestral and jazz musician all around the country and in Europe. My competition successes include winning the Harriet Cohen Award, the RNCM Gold Medal Competition, Concerto and Woodwind Soloist awards, I was a woodwind finalist in BBC Young Musician of the Year 2006 and winner of the British Flute Society Performance Plus Competition 2007. I have played with the BBC Philharmonic, The Halle, European Union Youth Orchestra, Sinfonia Cymru, National Youth Orchestra, National Youth Jazz Orchestra and several others. I also play in smaller chamber ensembles including a flute trio Tempest (www.tempestflutetrio.com) - winners of the Royal Overseas League Chamber Music Competition 2013.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 p/h or £20 p/30mins for flute tuition and group lessons are available at a discounted rate.
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach you at my home in Beckenham (very close to both Beckenham Junction and New Beckenham stations).
- When are you available?
- I am fairly flexible to teach most week days and evenings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Flute - Any age, any level
Piano (classical) - any age up to Grade 5
Recorder - any age up to Grade 5
Theory - any age up to Grade 5
Aural - any age up to Grade 8
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- If students wish to take exams I can prepare students for ABRSM graded exams and diplomas.
I can also help students prepare for concerts, auditions, school exams and competitions.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Musicians Union
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I have learnt with Richard Davis (BBC Philharmonic), Katherine Baker (Halle) Peter Lloyd at the Royal Northern College of Music, Anders Ljungar-Chapelon at the Malmo Academy of Music in Sweden and with Gitte Marcusson at Chetham's School of Music
Send a message to Helen Wilson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more