French (general) Lessons in Croydon (Purley, Coulsdon, Norwood, Addiscombe, New Addington)
Tutors travelling to Croydon
Interested in online lessons for French (general)?Online French (general) Lessons
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for French (general)
- Personal Message
- I have been a personal tutor for the past ten years. Nothing beats one to one lessons for being able to respond immediately to any challenges or gaps in knowledge that arise. My passion is language and I am known as my students' secret weapon.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English and French to any level
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I was brought up and educated in France and in French, taking the Baccalaureat at 16, so I am bilingual.
I then read English at Oxford, hence my love of texts and literature.
I also trained as a Montessori teacher, a qualification that expanded my understanding of how little ones learn
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been a theatre director for 25 years so am used to working on texts both in an analytical and in a dramatic way.
I spent two years as a Montessori teacher in Clapham
I have been a personal tutor for the last ten years, inspiring a love of reading and an understanding of how stories and poems are told, to dozens of students
I have also helped dozens of students understand the patterns of French grammar, and enabled them to express themselves with increasing confidence and
I have taught French Oral at JAGS school in Dulwich
- How much do you charge?
- If the child is small and can only concentrate for half an hour, my fee is £25
My fee up to year 9 is £30 an hour
My fee for GCSE students is £40 an hour
My fee for A Level students is £40 an hour
My fee beyond A Level is £50
I would only teach more than one child at a time for French language, as the whole point is the advantage of one to one sessions
I charge £5 for travel.
- Where do you teach?
- I prefer to teach from home, since I can fit more students into my busy schedule.
I live in Crystal Palace and am happy to travel to Dulwich or Beckenham
I am willing to travel only fifteen minutes either way.
- When are you available?
- I am available Saturdays, Sunday afternoons, and Tuesday and Wednesday evenings - but I am flexible.
I usually continue to teach during school holidays, apart from July and August.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages from 4 - reading and writing - to A Level and beyond in English Literature and French.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Mainly GCSE and A Level
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I had one when I worked for JAGS about 5 years ago
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- If I am proof-reading I set aside specific times
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Equity and Directors' Guild
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Try me and see if you like spending an hour with me on whatever work you need to improve on. You don't have to commit on first meeting. I am known as my student's secret weapon because their teachers always see an improvement! I think my main satisfaction is in teaching students to think: Discovering how a story is told, picking up all the clues like a detective is the most enjoyable of skills - and will enable you to do really well at GCSE and A Level, where thoughtful analysis of texts is crucial.
As for French I love teaching the grammar and often use colour codes to explain the rules and patterns. And I can switch to conversing in French without blinking!
Send a message to Cordelia Monsey
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more