French (general) Lessons in Croydon (Purley, Coulsdon, Norwood, Addiscombe, New Addington)
Tutors in Croydon
Tutors travelling to Croydon
- Alex Laight Hollywood, B47
- Jane C Gibb Kingswells, AB15
- Matt Didsbury, M19
- Caroline Thomson Crofton and Ryhill, WF1
- Michelle C Gibson Tettenhall, WV6
- Demeter Hackney Central, E8
- Sue Lin Vazeille Wembley Park, HA9
- Dr Seraphin Bloomsbury, WC1H
- Lingua Genesis Ltd Central Sheffield, S11
- Janine M. Erith, DA8
- Rosemary S L Beard Sutton Central, SM2
- Kathy Pike Salisbury, SP1
- Monika Key Coombe Wood, KT2
- Rachael McCorriston Crystal Palace, SE19
- Julien Presles Central Edinburgh, EH8
- Michel Orpington, BR6
- Andrew Cremer Walmer, CT14
- Sophie Marette Beckenham, BR3
- S.R. Munoz Moseley, B13
- Steven French Harpenden, AL5
- Aisha Rafique Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- Birgit Piegeler-Hughes Wellington, TA21
- Helen McMahon BA Hons West Drayton, UB7
- Leonor Eastbourne, BN22
- Emilce Sandra Rees Chelsea, SW3
- Dorothy Gaudiere Stony Stratford, MK11
- Jesse Dupre Clapham Common, SW4
- Alison Sesi Farley, LU1
- Claire de Belloy Dalston, E8
- David Cleary Whitley, RG4
- Ana D Beckenham, BR3
- Chris Heaven Pennsylvania, EX4
- Tim Strauss Preston Park, BN1
- Luis Pousada Beckenham, BR3
- Déborah Natanson Southside, EH8
- Reet Järvik (Mrs) Long Eaton, NG10
- Anna Fergusson Gloucester Road, W8
- Timothy Walker Linacre, S40
- Philippa Harrington Bickley, BR1
- Annie Marrec Glastonbury, BA6
- Christine Sautereau-Chandley Royal Tunbridge Wells, TN3
- B Westerman Grove Park, BR1
- Trixi Field Ellesmere Urban, SY12
- Isabelle Stevenson Royal Tunbridge Wells, TN1
- Rachel Friend Golders Green, NW11
- Sara Marks Moortown, LS17
- Vincent Fontaine Sydenham Hill, SE21
- Fiona Newborough, PE4
- Pam Wakefield Marple, SK6
- Davina Dwyer Hexham, NE46
- Howard Stephens Llanwern, NP26
- Liliane Bounds Green, N11
- Florence Bobin Kingston, KT2
- Sophie G Sloane Square, SW7
- Manohar Whig Sudbury, HA0
- Giuliana Secchi Wells, BA5
- Ulrich Westbourne, BN3
- Rhea Ranjan Clerkenwell, WC1
- Isabella Nicholls Knaphill, GU21
- Amelia Grandidier Balham, SW17
- Daniel Martin Wimbledon Park, SW18
- Baz Taylor South Twickenham, TW1
- Stephen F. Smith Broadstone, BH21
- Suzanne Delves New Malden, KT3
- Marie Fohr Wallingford, OX10
- Sue Smith Swallowfield, RG7
- Paul Grace Fallowfield, M21
- Natasha Clough Preston Rural, PR4
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for French (general)
- Personal Message
I am a French native tutor, living in the UK since 2000. I currently teach French to a variety of students who are mainly preparing for school exams. GCSE, IGCSE and A level.
I also teach primary school children and adults at any level.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach French and I have been tutoring for over 10 years now. I have references and testimonials from my previous students.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Level 2 Certificate in supporting teaching and learning in schools, Mar 2010
(Distinction) CALAT, Croydon
Level 4 Preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector, Aug 2009
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) French Studies, May 2005
Birkbeck College, London
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have experienced teaching French in a primary school for key stage 2. I also tutor primary, secondary and adults from home. The majority of my students are preparing for their GCSE, IGCSE or A level examinations. I have further experience teaching in a nursery for 3 to 5 year olds and also adults conversational French at a language club in London. I use various learning styles and adapt my teaching methods for the students.
Nursery school ( Foundation stage ):
The earlier children are exposed to foreign languages, the easier it is for them to assimilate the new language. I make the learning fun and I place more emphasis on lots of games, stories, singing and miming.
Primary school (key stage 1and 2):
Children learn French in a fun, educational and enjoyable way by the use of role play, games, stories and songs. I would teach children through the four skills of speaking, listening, writing and reading.
Pupils should be able to:
• Use a wide range of vocabulary and simple sentences.
• Learn about the country and the culture
• Initiate simple conversations
• Use proper pronunciation and intonation
• Respond appropriately to spoken language
• Apply simple aspects of grammar
Secondary school (Key stage 3 and key stage 4, GCSE):
Lessons follow the curriculum guidelines covering a variety of topics, with emphasis on speaking , reading , writing and listening. Lessons are tailored to the students' needs and expectations with conversational skills in preparation for exams.
Contents are variable: they are examples of the units I teach
• Talking about yourself and other people
• Describing the daily routine
• Discussing about the leisure
• Expressing opinions on different issues such as Lifestyle, the environment, work and education. Students gain confidence by expressing their opinions.
• Many different aspects of grammar, present, past and future tenses and important grammar points for the GCSE.
• A wide range of vocabulary.
Subjects contents may vary but society issues and facts are studied.
• Media ( television, advertising or new technology)
• Culture ( cinema, music, litterature,art)
• Poverty, delinquency, multicultural society
• Festivals and traditions, humanitarian work
In addition discussions are based on newspaper articles and debates about current French affairs or news. This is invaluable in helping to improve your understanding and conversational skills.
French conversational skills on various topics from holiday to business. We agree on the objectives and a learning plan to ensure the best teaching approach.
I have a wide range of resources and books.
- How much do you charge?
- £25.00 Secondary and GCSE, IGCSE
£20.00 Adults (any level ) DELF
£25.00 A level
£20.00 Primary ( Foundation, KS1, KS2)
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from home. Areas covered Croydon, Purley, Wallington, Coulsdon, Sanderstead, Sutton.
I can travel for an additional fee.
- When are you available?
- Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Any ages and any levels.
For young children 30 minutes is sometimes preferable but I stay flexible.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- 13+, GCSE, IGCSE and 'A' level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have got a valid CRB disclosure certificate and a French "casier judiciaire national"
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current students are learning a foreign language for either a specific qualification such as GCSE, a job or just for fun. I also have several adult students from beginners to advanced level.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Everything is possible if you are patient and ready to work hard towards your personal goals.
My aim is always to assist my students with structured tuition to achieve their goals in French within a flexible, friendly and relaxed environment.
Send a message to Dorothee
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more