French (general) Lessons in Croydon (Purley, Coulsdon, Norwood, Addiscombe, New Addington)
Other areas: Bromley; Lambeth; Merton; Reigate and Banstead; Sutton; Tandridge; Online French (general) Lessons
Tutors in Croydon
Tutors travelling to Croydon
- Jane C Gibb Kingswells, AB15
- Steven French Harpenden, AL5
- Aisha Rafique Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- Alex Laight Hollywood, B47
- Giuliana Secchi Wells, BA5
- Annie Marrec Glastonbury, BA6
- Stephen F. Smith Broadstone, BH21
- Tim Robins St. Leonards, BH24
- Tim Strauss Preston Park, BN1
- Ulrich Westbourne, BN3
- Leonor Eastbourne, BN22
- B Westerman Grove Park, BR1
- Philippa Harrington Bickley, BR1
- Ana D Birkbeck, BR3
- Luis Pousada Beckenham, BR3
- Sophie Marette Beckenham, BR3
- Michel Orpington, BR6
- Janine M. Erith, DA8
- Claire de Belloy Dalston, E8
- Demeter Hackney Central, E8
- Déborah Natanson Southside, EH8
- Julien Presles Central Edinburgh, EH8
- Chris Heaven Pennsylvania, EX4
- Isabella Nicholls Knaphill, GU21
- Manohar Whig Sudbury, HA0
- Sue Lin Vazeille Wembley Park, HA9
- Andrew Cremer Barking, IG11
- Florence Bobin Kingston, KT2
- Monika Key Coombe Wood, KT2
- Suzanne Delves New Malden, KT3
- Sara Marks Moortown, LS17
- Alison Sesi Farley, LU1
- Matt Didsbury, M19
- Paul Grace Fallowfield, M21
- Dorothy Gaudiere Stony Stratford, MK11
- Liliane Bounds Green, N11
- Davina Dwyer Hexham, NE46
- Reet Järvik (Mrs) Long Eaton, NG10
- Howard Stephens Llanwern, NP26
- Rachel Friend Golders Green, NW11
- Marie Fohr Wallingford, OX10
- Karolina Zielinska Carterton, OX18
- Fiona Newborough, PE4
- David Cleary Whitley, RG4
- Sue Smith Swallowfield, RG7
- Lingua Genesis Ltd Central Sheffield, S11
- Timothy Walker Linacre, S40
- Lucia Brandi New Cross, SE15
- Rachael McCorriston Crystal Palace, SE19
- Vincent Fontaine Sydenham Hill, SE21
- Pam Wakefield Marple, SK6
- Kathy Pike Salisbury, SP1
- Emilce Sandra Rees Chelsea, SW3
- Jesse Dupre Clapham Common, SW4
- Sophie G Sloane Square, SW7
- Amelia Grandidier Balham, SW17
- Daniel Martin Wimbledon Park, SW18
- Trixi Field Ellesmere Urban, SY12
- Birgit Piegeler-Hughes Wellington, TA21
- Isabelle Stevenson Royal Tunbridge Wells, TN1
- Christine Sautereau-Chandley Royal Tunbridge Wells, TN3
- Baz Taylor South Twickenham, TW1
- Helen McMahon BA Hons West Drayton, UB7
- Anna Fergusson Gloucester Road, W8
- Dr Seraphin Bloomsbury, WC1H
- Rhea Ranjan Clerkenwell, WC1
- Caroline Thomson Crofton and Ryhill, WF1
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for French (general)
- Personal Message
I am a French native tutor, living in the UK since 2000. I currently teach French to a variety of students who are mainly preparing for school exams. GCSE, IGCSE and A level.
I also teach primary school children and adults at any level.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach French and I have been tutoring for over 10 years now. I have references and testimonials from my previous students.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Level 2 Certificate in supporting teaching and learning in schools, Mar 2010
(Distinction) CALAT, Croydon
Level 4 Preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector, Aug 2009
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) French Studies, May 2005
Birkbeck College, London
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have experienced teaching French in a primary school for key stage 2. I also tutor primary, secondary and adults from home. The majority of my students are preparing for their GCSE, IGCSE or A level examinations. I have further experience teaching in a nursery for 3 to 5 year olds and also adults conversational French at a language club in London. I use various learning styles and adapt my teaching methods for the students.
Nursery school ( Foundation stage ):
The earlier children are exposed to foreign languages, the easier it is for them to assimilate the new language. I make the learning fun and I place more emphasis on lots of games, stories, singing and miming.
Primary school (key stage 1and 2):
Children learn French in a fun, educational and enjoyable way by the use of role play, games, stories and songs. I would teach children through the four skills of speaking, listening, writing and reading.
Pupils should be able to:
• Use a wide range of vocabulary and simple sentences.
• Learn about the country and the culture
• Initiate simple conversations
• Use proper pronunciation and intonation
• Respond appropriately to spoken language
• Apply simple aspects of grammar
Secondary school (Key stage 3 and key stage 4, GCSE):
Lessons follow the curriculum guidelines covering a variety of topics, with emphasis on speaking , reading , writing and listening. Lessons are tailored to the students' needs and expectations with conversational skills in preparation for exams.
Contents are variable: they are examples of the units I teach
• Talking about yourself and other people
• Describing the daily routine
• Discussing about the leisure
• Expressing opinions on different issues such as Lifestyle, the environment, work and education. Students gain confidence by expressing their opinions.
• Many different aspects of grammar, present, past and future tenses and important grammar points for the GCSE.
• A wide range of vocabulary.
Subjects contents may vary but society issues and facts are studied.
• Media ( television, advertising or new technology)
• Culture ( cinema, music, litterature,art)
• Poverty, delinquency, multicultural society
• Festivals and traditions, humanitarian work
In addition discussions are based on newspaper articles and debates about current French affairs or news. This is invaluable in helping to improve your understanding and conversational skills.
French conversational skills on various topics from holiday to business. We agree on the objectives and a learning plan to ensure the best teaching approach.
I have a wide range of resources and books.
- How much do you charge?
- £25.00 Secondary and GCSE
£20.00 Adults (any level )
£25.00 A level
£20.00 Primary ( Foundation, KS1, KS2)
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from home. Areas covered Croydon, Purley, Wallington, Coulsdon, Sanderstead, Sutton.
I can travel for an additional fee.
- When are you available?
- Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Any ages and any levels.
For young children 30 minutes is sometimes preferable but I stay flexible.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- 13+, GCSE, IGCSE and 'A' level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have got a valid CRB disclosure certificate and a French "casier judiciaire national"
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current students are learning a foreign language for either a specific qualification such as GCSE, a job or just for fun. I also have several adult students from beginners to advanced level.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Everything is possible if you are patient and ready to work hard towards your personal goals.
My aim is always to assist my students with structured tuition to achieve their goals in French within a flexible, friendly and relaxed environment.
Send a message to Dorothee
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more