French (general) Lessons in Guildford
Other areas: Elmbridge; Mole Valley; Rushmoor; Surrey Heath; Waverley; Woking; Online French (general) Lessons
Tutors in Guildford
- Sorry no tutors found
- Jane C Gibb Kingswells, AB15
- Steven French Harpenden, AL5
- Aisha Rafique Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- S.R. Munoz Moseley, B13
- Alex Laight Hollywood, B47
- Giuliana Secchi Wells, BA5
- Annie Marrec Glastonbury, BA6
- Stephen F. Smith Broadstone, BH21
- Tim Robins St. Leonards, BH24
- Tim Strauss Preston Park, BN1
- Ulrich Westbourne, BN3
- Leonor Eastbourne, BN22
- B Westerman Grove Park, BR1
- Philippa Harrington Bickley, BR1
- Ana D Birkbeck, BR3
- Luis Pousada Beckenham, BR3
- Sophie Marette Beckenham, BR3
- Michel Orpington, BR6
- Janine M. Erith, DA8
- Claire de Belloy Dalston, E8
- Demeter Hackney Central, E8
- Déborah Natanson Southside, EH8
- Julien Presles Central Edinburgh, EH8
- Chris Heaven Pennsylvania, EX4
- Isabella Nicholls Knaphill, GU21
- Manohar Whig Sudbury, HA0
- Sue Lin Vazeille Wembley Park, HA9
- Andrew Cremer Barking, IG11
- Florence Bobin Kingston, KT2
- Monika Key Coombe Wood, KT2
- Suzanne Delves New Malden, KT3
- Sara Marks Moortown, LS17
- Alison Sesi Farley, LU1
- Matt Didsbury, M19
- Paul Grace Fallowfield, M21
- Dorothy Gaudiere Stony Stratford, MK11
- Liliane Bounds Green, N11
- Davina Dwyer Hexham, NE46
- Reet Järvik (Mrs) Long Eaton, NG10
- Howard Stephens Llanwern, NP26
- Rachel Friend Golders Green, NW11
- Marie Fohr Wallingford, OX10
- Fiona Newborough, PE4
- Natasha Clough Preston Rural, PR4
- David Cleary Whitley, RG4
- Sue Smith Swallowfield, RG7
- Lingua Genesis Ltd Central Sheffield, S11
- Timothy Walker Linacre, S40
- Lucia Brandi New Cross, SE15
- Rachael McCorriston Crystal Palace, SE19
- Vincent Fontaine Sydenham Hill, SE21
- Cordelia Monsey Woodside, SE25
- Pam Wakefield Marple, SK6
- Kathy Pike Salisbury, SP1
- Emilce Sandra Rees Chelsea, SW3
- Jesse Dupre Clapham Common, SW4
- Sophie G Sloane Square, SW7
- Amelia Grandidier Balham, SW17
- Daniel Martin Wimbledon Park, SW18
- Trixi Field Ellesmere Urban, SY12
- Birgit Piegeler-Hughes Wellington, TA21
- Isabelle Stevenson Royal Tunbridge Wells, TN1
- Christine Sautereau-Chandley Royal Tunbridge Wells, TN3
- Baz Taylor South Twickenham, TW1
- Helen McMahon BA Hons West Drayton, UB7
- Anna Fergusson Gloucester Road, W8
- Dr Seraphin Bloomsbury, WC1H
- Rhea Ranjan Clerkenwell, WC1
- Caroline Thomson Crofton and Ryhill, WF1
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for French (general)
- Personal Message
- I really enjoy helping others to learn languages, using the strengths of each individual pupil. Please see the testimonials on my profile to see what some of my students have said.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach German and French to both adults and children.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a 1st Class Honours degree in German and International Relations from Surrey University, and I have a PGCE in French and German from Exeter University.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching since 1988, and have taught in both state and private schools. I have experience of teaching primary and secondary pupils, as well as adults. I have taught French to GCSE and German to A level. If you wish to see testimonials from my former employment, please look at the files in the 'My Media' section.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge the following (includes travel within a radius of 6 miles):
Initial consultation lesson £26/hr
French/German up to GCSE £36/hr
German up to A level £36/hr
German at undergraduate level £41/hr
Translations (German-English/English-German e.g. all kinds of general business correspondance, brochures, leaflets, website content. Specialised translations not done.) £0.06 per word or £36/hr if you wish me to go through a text/texts in person.
A discounted rate would be available for numbers in excess of one. If the distance involved is further than 6 miles, an extra fee dependent on the exact distance would be charged for travel.
- Where do you teach?
- I usually teach at students' homes or at a mutually convenient location, such as a public library, community centre etc., but I can tutor from home, if you prefer. I live in Surrey, but can also travel to certain places in Berkshire. I'm prepared to travel up to a distance of 15 miles. The nearest towns are Woking, Guildford, Bisley, Pirbright, Camberley, Chertsey, Weybridge, West Byfleet, Byfleet, Farnham, Ash, Aldershot, Farnborough, Bracknell, Farncombe, Godalming, West Horsley, East Horsley, Ascot, Sunningdale, Virginia Water, Egham.
- When are you available?
- My time is quite flexible and I would seek to arrange lessons when mutually convenient, whether that be during the day, in the evening, at weekends or during school holidays, which offer a good opportunity for some intensive revision, if that is what you are looking for.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach French from beginners to GCSE level and German from beginners to A level and beyond. I teach both adults and children.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare students for whatever they need, although generally I prepare them for Common Entrance at 13, GCSE, IGCSE, AS and A2 exams. A lot of my adult students, however, are just learning for fun or practical/career reasons and are not studying for any specific exam.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- No. Because I worked in my last school for 17 years, it was not a requirement to carry out a CRB check.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can tutor online via email. I can correct essays, answer questions, give advice etc. This is useful, particularly when students need some urgent help. However, I think tutoring languages is primarily best done face-to-face.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Yes, I belong to the teaching union NASUWT.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- My PGCE was done at Exeter University and my course tutor was Ted Neather, an extremely experienced German and French teacher who has authored several A level text books. I also benefited from lectures by Ted Wragg, who was Head of the School of Education at that time.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current students are a mixture of school pupils (who are either in the middle of their French/ German GCSE course or are about to embark on their GCSE course) and adult learners. Some of my adult learners have studied some German or French, others are complete beginners. They want to learn the language or pick it up again because of work contacts, relocation to a German speaking country or because they have German friends and/or like travelling to German/French speaking countries. One lady is learning German because her son has decided to start learning it at school and she wants to be able to help him in his studies. I have helped an undergraduate student with her module in German-English translation and her oral exam, and I have also completed courses of German lessons for both beginners and intermediates at a variety of local companies.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am a very experienced teacher and I know the areas people have problems with when learning a language. My tutoring can be as formal or as informal as you require. The aim is to help you with your language learning, so I will adapt my coaching to your needs. If, for example, examination technique is a problem, then I can teach you how to master it, so that you can go into the exam feeling confident and well-prepared. I have plenty of material which I can use in coaching sessions, I am patient and I always try to be good-humoured!
Send a message to Isabella Nicholls
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more