Online GCSE Ancient Greek Tutors / GCSE Ancient Greek Tuition
|Mike Lambert||Quinton, CV37|
|Déborah Natanson||Southside, EH8|
|Gayle Smith||Tolworth, KT6|
|Jessica White||Cricklewood, NW2|
|Joe Hytner||West Hampstead, NW6|
|David Pope||Abingdon, OX14|
|Thomas Yarrow||Tulse Hill, SE24|
|Atticus Cox||Imperial Wharf, SW10|
|Tom Spencer||Putney, SW18|
|A Bell||Richmond, TW11|
|Ed Martineau||Farringdon, WC2|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Ancient Greek
- Personal Message
- I believe that through private, one to one tuition a student gains in confidence, and therefore begins to achieve their full potential.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Latin, Ancient and Modern Greek, All Classical Civilisation Subjects and German.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classical College Athens Greek Graduation Certificate, 9 A levels (A Grades)
BA Hons Degree (German) from University of London
MA Classics University of London
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have ten years experience of teaching and tutoring Latin, Classical and Modern Greek (I am native Greek speaker).
My experience includes working with students of different ages and abilities.
I keep myself updated by attending regular seminars ran by Academics (JACT, ARLT) or Exam Boards (OCR,AQA).
I use a variety of teaching methods for Language Learning tailored to the individual needs of each student.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge 30£ per hour for all my lessons, apart from A level subjects and exam preparation, in which case i charge 40£ per hour.
I do provide discounts on advanced payments and/or group lessons.
During half term/school holidays I organize revision classes (Latin, Greek, Classical Civilization Subjects) at very competitive rates.
Please make an enquiry.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at students' home as well as at my home. I Live in Teddington and can travel to Central London,WC, SW, W,N, and Surrey.
- When are you available?
- I am available weekdays and weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and levels. I am always happy to receive any enquiry.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare my students for Common Entrance Exams, GCSE, IGCSE, A levels and Undergraduate Level (with Greek or Latin).
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes i have an updated enhanced DBS (formely CRB).
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can tutor via Skype and/or email.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am member of JACT Joint Association of Classical Teachers, and member of ARLT The Association for Latin Teaching.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained in Athens and London : Classical College Greek Graduation Certificate ,Goethe Institute for German Teaching Diploma,
University of London BA German (Hons), MA Classics University of London.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Currently I am busy preparing two students for AS and A2 exams in Classical Civilisation/ Latin and Ancient Greek,
I tutor two students for GCSE Latin and two for GCSE German.
In addition i teach (part-time) Latin in a State Secondary school, and a Prep School in London.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- - Spread the lessons out. If you are thinking of having 10 lessons a week before exams, I would suggest you begin 10 weeks before your exams having one lesson per week.
- Set goals in order to reach your final target successfully. Target should be Specific, Measurable Achievable Relevant and Timed.
- Having a tutor is not replacement for studying. You should guard against complacency and ensure that you work outside your lessons.
Send a message to A Bell
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more