Online GCSE Ancient Greek Tutors / GCSE Ancient Greek Tuition
See Also: Show
- Adam Muckle Putney, SW15
- A Bell Richmond, TW11
- David Pope Abingdon, OX14
- Ed Martineau Farringdon, WC2
- Jessica White Balham, SW12
- Rod Freeman Winnersh, RG41
- Tom Spencer Putney, SW18
- Déborah Natanson Southside, EH8
- Joe Hytner West Hampstead, NW6
- Thomas Yarrow Tulse Hill, SE24
- Atticus Cox Imperial Wharf, SW10
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Ancient Greek
- Personal Message
- Awarded 'Tutor of the Year 2012 Runner-up' by Fleet Tutors, I have tutored over two hundred students one-to-one over the past five years. I am determined for young people to fulfill their potential.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Arrangements for online tuition are made via Skype or FaceTime.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- My specialist subjects is Classics but I also teach all the subjects for Common Entrance preparation, but more focus on the arts and languages.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I achieved a 2.1 in Classics from Durham University in 2005. My most recent degree was my LLM in Maritime Law at UCL in 2007-8. Before that I did the Graduate Diploma in Law and Bar Vocational Course between 2005-7 at the College of Law. I was called to the Bar in October 2008.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have experience of tutoring Latin and Classical Greek to Independent and State School children, undergraduate and mature students, as well as pupils aiming for Common Entrance, Oxbridge and scholarships.
Six years' experience of tuition in London regularly and abroad during school holiday periods.
International residential placements: in summer 2012 I tutored two boys in Shanghai, China, one for his Eton King's Scholarship, the other for Law. I was Hong Kong and Thailand-bound in March/April 2013 for more Eton scholarship tuition; this tutee ended up being one of just three double scholars for Eton entrance in September 2013 . In May 2013 I had the privilege of tutoring Latin in Venice and in Vienna, Austria in November preparing a boy for his Eton pre-test. In May 2014 I was tutoring twins in Switzerland for Eton and Radley scholarships.
I have also tutored recently in the Channel Islands and travelling to Normandy for tuition at Easter 2015. I have also tutored online to students in New York, Seattle, Hong Kong and Uzbekistan.
- How much do you charge?
- Between £50 and £60 an hour, depending on the subject, lesson duration, aim, level and location. I generally do not charge for travel if within a reasonable distance from my location. I would charge the whole lesson price if it is cancelled within 24 hours.
- Where do you teach?
- I typically tutor at students' homes in south west and central London and on international placements.
- When are you available?
- As a full-time tutor I am available weekdays and evenings and some Saturdays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- From 6 year-old upwards. My most mature student has been 55 years old.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare children in the arts subjects for their 8+, 11+ and 13+ Common Entrance examinations (including Public School scholarships such as for Eton, Winchester and St. Paul's), GCSE, A-level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Member of the Tutors' Association and member of its Individual Tutor Panel, The Honourable Society of Gray's Inn, The Joint Association of Classical Teachers, The Association for Latin Teaching
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Harry, from Surrey, a 2014 Eton King's Scholarship candidate, half-term and
Easter tuition in arts subjects,especially Latin. Awarded the scholarship.
Kian, from London, a 2014 Eton King's Scholarship candidate, half-term revision
sessions in Latin. Awarded the scholarship.
Harry from Surrey, a 2014 Eton King's Scholarship candidate, Easter tuition in
Latin and Classical Greek. Place now secured.
Constantine,from London,a 2014 Westminster Challenge candidate, tutored
throughout the year in History, Geography and Latin. Place now secured.
Jack, from London, a 2014 Westminster Challenge candidate, tutored throughout
year in Classical Greek. Place now secured.
Jack, from London, a 2014 Eton King's Scholarship candidate, tutored throughout
year in Classical Greek. Place now secured.
Ilyas, from London, a 2014 St Paul's Scholarship candidate, tutored throughout
the year in Latin and Classical Greek. Awarded the Scholarship.
Adrien, from London, a 2014 Eton CE candidate, tutored throughout year in
English, Latin and Classical Greek. Place now secured.
Alex, from London, a 2014 CE Eton candidate with Special Educational Needs,
all-round tutor support throughout the academic year. Place now secured.
Amer, from London, a 2014 CE candidate for Charterhouse, Latin tuition
throughout year. Place now secured.
Jock and Harry, from Switzerland aiming for Radley and Eton CE in 2015.
Hugo, from London, 11+ tuiton, aiming for Harrow in 2015.
Ismail, from London, CE tuition focused on English aiming towards St Paul's
Scholarship in 2016.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I see tuition to be not only a more advanced way of learning but also as a means of being a mentor and example to inspire others to be the best.
Send a message to Adam Muckle
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more