Online GCSE Ancient Greek Tutors / GCSE Ancient Greek Tuition
See Also: Show
- Thomas Yarrow Tulse Hill, SE24
- Gayle Smith Tolworth, KT6
- Jessica White Cricklewood, NW2
- Déborah Natanson Southside, EH8
- David Pope Abingdon, OX14
- Adam Muckle Putney, SW15
- A Bell Richmond, TW11
- Tom Spencer Putney, SW18
- Ed Martineau Farringdon, WC2
- Joe Hytner West Hampstead, NW6
- Atticus Cox Imperial Wharf, SW10
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Ancient Greek
- Personal Message
- I graduated from Cambridge in 2008, and have been working extensively as a tutor for over 6 years, alongside work in theatre and law.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am happy to tutor via skype for any of my students, and have experience in this.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Maths, Latin and Greek, though will offer other subjects as a secondary focus, for students who require broader curriculum tutoring.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have an MA (Cantab) from Cambridge in Classics; 4As at A-Level in Maths, Latin, Greek and English; 5 As at AS-Level in French, Music, Biology, Chemistry and Physics; all A*s at GCSE; a Distinction in AEA-Level Latin; and a GDL in Law, Distinction.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been working as a private tutor for over six years now.
I have a wealth of experience teaching A-Level Maths, with all exam boards, especially OCR-MEI and Edexcel as the most common; IGCSE and GCSE maths; and maths for Scholarship exams to independent schools, including Eton and Westminster.
I am also hugely experienced, teaching classics at any level, from beginners all the way up to University undergraduate.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £50 per hour across the board.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to travel to the homes of my students in many postcodes of South London.
- When are you available?
- I am available Weekday evenings and Sundays, for most of the year round.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have taught a wide range of ages, from 8 years old all the way up to 50 years old (private interest).
I teach Maths up to Further Maths level, and Latin and Greek to any level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare students for 13+ Common Entrance, Independent School Scholarship, GCSEs, A-Levels, University Entrance, University exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am represented as a tutor by Oxbridge Applications, Keystone Tutors, Bright Young Things and Blue Tutors.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I mostly have trained on the job, but having started over 6 years ago now I am widely experienced in tutoring, though I have attended training sessions and interviews with the agencies I mentioned above.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Last academic year I worked with four scholarship hopefuls, several A-level students, two GCSE students, and a couple of adult interest students.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I hope to be seen as affable, humorous and very patient and I try to create a comfortable atmosphere in all my lessons and I feel I'm quite good at adapting my style for the different needs of different pupils.
Send a message to Thomas Yarrow
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more