Online GCSE Astronomy Tutors / GCSE Astronomy Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Astronomy
- Personal Message
- Hi I'm Ben and I work as a full time tutor. I started tutoring as a hobby to keep me in touch with Science and through great pleasure and enjoyment now tutor full time. I play football, swim, go to gigs and play in bands as hobbies.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I tutor online through skype.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology all up to A-level standard.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I graduated from Kings College Cambridge with a second class honours degree in Natural Sciences in 2008. I received A-level's in Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry and General Studies getting A,A,A,B,B respectively.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I've been tutoring now for 5 years and how they have flown by. I have now had the privilege of teaching over 100 students in that time spread reasonably evenly over the subjects that I offer. I have taught all the different exam boards for the subjects that I offer including WJEC! I've had great results from my tutees, from all subjects and at all levels (check out my testimonials on my website!) so you can rest assured you're getting the best possible tutoring experience.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge a flat rate of £30 p/h for every subject at every level. I charge for travel if it's more than 3 miles away but this can be negotiated.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my own home and from the residencies of my tutees. I currently work all over Calderdale and in some areas of Kirklees and Bradford.
- When are you available?
- As I work full time as a tutor I am available throughout every day Monday to Friday as well as working occasional Sundays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach at all ages through secondary school and college. I also teach adult learners wanting to do the courses that I offer.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- SATs, GCSE, A-level and university, school and college entrance exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have students ranging all abilities. I'll tell you about a few from the last academic year '12-'13.
Cat- I tutored Cat in her second year of A-levels, in her AS she achieved AAB in Biology. Maths and Chemistry and was hoping to go on to do Bio-Med at University. For this she needed AAA. I worked with her through the year helping her with her A2 exams but also her AS re-sit for chemistry which she managed to get 100%! I helped her with her UCAS application and did some interview preparation with her. She got an offer from York after interview which was her first choice and then achieved AAA in her A-level results
Loren-I tutored Loren for 2 years through her GCSE's for Maths and science. She had had problems at school with bullying and struggled with self confidence. Over the 2 years will built up her maths and science to grade B/C from a predicted D and helped her improve her self confidence, her transformation was amazing.
Send a message to Ben Hanson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more