Online GCSE Astronomy Tutors / GCSE Astronomy Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Astronomy
- Personal Message
- I am a highly qualified private tutor, experienced in tutoring students at a wide range of levels. In addition to improving grades, I've taken the fear out of maths and physics.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- For online tuition, I use the online whiteboard, Scribblar, along with Skype. To find out how to use Scribblar and what it can do, please visit the "Online Tuition" tab on my website. The page also looks at the differences between online tuition and face-to-face tuition, so you can decide what's best for you.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach maths and physics, ranging from KS3 level to A-levels. I also tutor physics-based subjects, such as astronomy and some undergraduate engineering modules.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- My highest qualification is a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, specialising in computational fluid dynamics. I also have a Masters Degree in Aerospace Engineering and a PGCE in Secondary Education Mathematics.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I began teaching in 2005, whilst working towards my PGCE, and began tutoring in 2007, as a postgraduate. Once I had completed my PhD I decided to tutor full time, and have been running a successful tutoring business for over 3 years now. My approach varies considerably depending upon the student and I pride myself on my ability to adapt. I am always friendly, patient and understanding. This is vital for maths and sciences, as they often cause distress to students at school and to adult learners, alike.
- How much do you charge?
- My prices range from £25 per hour to £60 per hour; however, I do give sibling discounts and discounts for advanced block payment.
- Where do you teach?
- Originally all of my tuition was face-to-face; however, now I have seen the benefits of online tuition. With the aid of some simple but effective technology, enjoyable and efficient tutoring can be brought to students' homes.
I do appreciate that online tuition isn't for everyone, so, starting from September, there will be spaces for face-to-face private tuition in Manchester.
- When are you available?
- I am available at most times, from Monday to Saturday.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I tutor from Key Stage 3 level to undergraduate level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an enhanced CRB certificate from my time as a secondary school teacher.
Send a message to Dr. Clare Turner
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more