GCSE Maths Tuition in Swansea
Tutors in Swansea
Tutors travelling to Swansea
- Sorry no tutors found
Interested in online tuition for GCSE Maths?Online GCSE Maths Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Maths
- Personal Message
- Thank you for looking at my profile. I am a fully qualified teacher with 30 years experience teaching and tutoring maths, physics and science to GCSE level. I provide a 'Mobile Tutoring' service where I travel to your home.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I offer tuition in maths, physics and science at KS3 (lower secondary) and GCSE level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I am a fully qualified teacher with an advanced Diploma in Special Educational Needs teaching in addition to HNC level qualification in Medical Physics and Applied Physiology.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have thirty years experience teaching maths, physics and general science to secondary age pupils up to GCSE level, 25 of those years working with students with a variety of special needs. I have been an examiner for GCSE Science and Physics for 20 years.
I have also successfully tutored maths, physics and science to GCSE for many years and I think that teaching in a special school with small numbers has enabled me to develop skills in presenting work in a variety of ways and this has been valuable in one to one tutoring.
- How much do you charge?
- My fees are £25 per hour for KS3 pupils and £30 for KS4/GCSE lessons. Before starting tutoring, I like to have an informal discussion with a potential student and her/his parents and I do not charge for this consultation. Although I travel to teach students in their own home, I do not charge for travel - so no hidden extras!
- Where do you teach?
- I travel to teach students in their own homes rather than asking them to travel to me. I am willing to tutor within a 10 mile radius of Gowerton - the city of Swansea, Gorseinon, Penllergaer, Llanelli and the Gower.
- When are you available?
- I am available to teach at any time Monday to Saturday.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach up to GCSE level. This usually means secondary school aged students (11-16) but I am happy to work with older students who are retaking exams, and also adults.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Most of the schools in the area use the WJEC exam board for GCSE exams and I prepare students for this board's exams in physics and maths. Some schools also use AQA for some exams (usually the sciences) and I am very well acquainted with their papers as I have been an examiner for them for 20 years!
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes - available for inspection on request.
Send a message to Andy Buxton
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more