GCSE Media Studies Tuition in Westminster (Bayswater, Marylebone, Belgravia and Maida Vale)
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Westminster
- Sorry no tutors found
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Media Studies
- Personal Message
- I am an Oxford and Bristol graduate and ex-BBC producer and have an instinctive way of putting students at ease and motivating them, instilling rigour in their exam prep.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English, Politics, Media Studies and Drama, and University Applications. As a published writer and journalist, I can also teach Creative Writing. I am able to guide students in essay planning and intensive exam prep, having gained straight A's in A level (English, History, Economics & Politics) and at GCSE. In particular, I encourage students to make connections between the syllabus and their thoughts on the world around them, and as a writer I greatly enjoy nurturing students' creativity.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a First Class BA (Hons) in English & Drama and an MSc in Politics.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 2 years experience in 11+, A level, and University applications (having won a scholarship to Oxford, I am skilled in guiding statements). I teach English, Politics, Drama/Theatre/Media Studies at all levels.
As a BBC & Channel Four television producer, I made programmes with Jon Snow, Boris Johnson, Gordon Brown, and well known presenters and comedians, filming in the US, Middle East and UK. Following a return to study at Oxford, I worked as a political analyst advising Fortune 500 companies, living in Singapore and South Asia. I have a passion for politics, and have worked for Oxford University conducting political field-work, and also for a UK political party.
- How much do you charge?
- £30 / hour - if on the outskirts of London, travel time may apply.
- Where do you teach?
- Anywhere in Zone 1-4.
- When are you available?
- Flexible. Currently available in mornings, and evenings - and will also be available in afternoons from May 2015.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- 7+,11+, 13+, and GCSE/A Level. Also undergraduate English.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can online tutor via Skype.
Send a message to Nigel Singh
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more