GCSE Media Studies Tuition in Westminster (Bayswater, Marylebone, Belgravia and Maida Vale)
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Westminster
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Westminster
Interested in online tuition for GCSE Media Studies?Online GCSE Media Studies Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Media Studies
Carolina Sawney Gold Member
- Bloomsbury (WC1H) View on map
- Last Logged In: 06 Oct 2015
- Sex: Female
- Web site: assembly21.com
- Can Travel To: Brent, City of London, Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Haringey, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Richmond upon Thames, Southwark, Westminster
- Personal Message
- Web developer and tutor specialising in building mobile friendly websites with smart open source web technologies. The websites are search engine friendly, W3C standards compliant, perform well and are accessible to all users.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Web design: HTML, CSS including responsive design (mobile friendly), transitions and keyframe animations.
Web development: responsive (mobile first) web design, Contao Content Management System, Isotope E-commerce, Git.
Computer Science: Python, Raspberry Pi, Scratch.
Digital Imaging: Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
Digital marketing: search engine optimization, content development and mobile first HTML5 emails.
Media: publishing content on the web.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Teaching Computing. University of East Anglia. 20015.
Coding the web, Collective Academy, London. 2014.
PHP & MySQL, Universidad Tecnológica Nacional, Buenos Aires. 2013.
Contao Content Management System. Private tuition. 2012.
MSc International Politics, University of London, 2003.
Communication Sciences, Universidad Nacional de Lomas de Zamora, Argentina, 1996.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I started tutoring in 2005 under the umbrella of a two year contract with The Guardian and a three year contract with Oliver Wyman to offer in-company training. Others contracts followed with WPP Group Plc, Gaucho, Momentum Pictures, Gefco, Freggo, MTS Group Italy, Hudsons Properties, etc. The lessons were delivered in different formats: intensive and extensive courses, full day study sessions, small groups and one on one lessons.
In terms of primary, secondary and university levels, my experience includes preparing students attending: Imperial College, Westminster University, University College London, Highbury School, Wimbledon High School, Wimbledon College, City of London School for Girls, Putney High School, Wycombe Abbey School, St Bede's School, Queen Ethelburga's College, and many others.
In total, I have been a tutor for 7 years plus two at university level teaching Theories of Communication in the faculty of Social Sciences and two at secondary school level (this was a class of 25 students who were 17 years old when I was 18).
- How much do you charge?
- One to one: £50 per hour in Russell Square. If in another location minimum class time is 1.5 hours.
Groups or in-company training: full day courses are £50 per hour plus £12 per delegate per lesson.
- Where do you teach?
- Classes are based in Russell Square, Bloomsbury, central London, Strand, north-east of Waterloo Bridge, or in a location of your choice such as your home or office. Areas I cover are West End, Camden, Islington, Westminster, City of London, Hackney, Haringey, Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith, Wandsworth, Barnet, Brent, Lewisham and Richmond.
- When are you available?
- I'm available from Monday to Friday and occasionally some weekend tuition can be provided.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can provide a certificate of attendance if required.
Classes prepare you for professional work.
Students may already be studying a university degree course.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I'll send you an invoice before the first lesson that you can pay in advance by bank transfer. After that, I'll send a monthly invoice for you to pay in the same way.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My clients include web designers improving their web development skills, undergraduate students on web development degrees, entrepreneurs developing their websites, digital marketers learning to code emails or assessing their websites and kids from Australia having a full day learning session in London while their parents are in a conference in Europe during a holiday trip. I have had students of all ages, from all over the world from Japan and Russia to Turkey and the US and I always meet very interesting, friendly and motivated people.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- The learning experience is very visual, practical, topic and project based. Every subject has its methods and in the case of Computer Science, the emphasis is on problem solving and algorithm design in an unplugged context, to then translate this almost literally into code and gradually recreate it to offer more advanced solutions. It’s not about the grammar of the programming language - that's easy-, it's learning to think to design functions in a programme that flow like a story.
All the courses make use of innovative methods that enormously facilitate learning, to guarantee optimum progress at the same time that makes the lessons very enjoyable, using materials that are meaningful, relevant and connect to you personally.
I can empathise very well with students at all levels and lessons are always fine tuned to their motivations and goals. I love working with people and I’ve found this work very enriching.
Send a message to Carolina Sawney
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more