GCSE Media Studies Tuition in Westminster (Bayswater, Marylebone, Belgravia and Maida Vale)
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Westminster
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Westminster
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Media Studies
- Personal Message
- Hi, I've been studying and living in London for five years. I have a BA in History from King College London and I am an actor. I'm a thoughtful and engaging teacher, eager to share my knowledge whilst developing my students' critical thought.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach History from GCSE, through A-level to University, GCSE Drama and A-level Theatre Studies. I also offer coursework/essay writing classes, proofreading and study skills assistance.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a 1st class Bachelors from King's College London in History, I specialised in Postcolonial history (with a focus on the Caribbean), East Central European history from 1840s - 1990s, and cultural history.
At A-Level I received A* in History, Theatre Studies, Philosophy and Ethics and Media Studies.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- At university I worked with the Peer Assisted Study Sessions scheme mentoring 1st year students. This required me to provide essay support, assistance with development of ideas and module consultation. I have also taught drama workshops with students of all ages. This included text work when analysing scripts, performance analysis after seeing a production and guiding the students' creativity thorough devising new work.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge between £20-£25/hour for lone student lessons, depending on their current course of study.
- Where do you teach?
- I mainly teach in students' homes, but I am also willing to meet in a public place such as a cafe or library and would also be willing to tutor via skype. I am willing to travel within London without re-reimbursement, if it is less than a 45 minute journey from my house.
- When are you available?
- I am available in the evenings and can make myself free in the day with sufficient notice.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach Key Stage Three to degree level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Not currently, but I have had one in the recent past when working with a touring kids theatre company.
Send a message to Jrscott
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more