Online GCSE Music Tutors / GCSE Music Tuition
See Also: Show
- J Preece Ravenscourt Park, W4
- Alistair Campbell Openshaw, M43
- James Harold Old Street, EC1V
- Cristina Gestido Finsbury Park, N4
- Sally Bridgewater Armley, LS12
- Megan Morris Cowbridge, CF71
- Emmanuel Vass Davenport, SK2
- Toby Hunt Charlton Park, SE7
- Sophie Gledhill Sydenham, SE26
- Firat Altay Harringay, N4
- Michelle C Gibson Tettenhall, WV6
- Gareth Pr Aylesbury, HP19
- Tom Harrison Oval, SW8
- Deryn Cullen Wyke, BD12
- Michael Joel Turnham Green, W4
- Aizhana Nurkenova St John's Wood, NW6
- Yiannis Christophides East Barnet, EN4
- Alex Paxton Cricklewood, NW2
- Sami Taylor Turnpike Lane, N15
- Michael Segaud MMus BMus ALCM Beckenham, BR3
- Sandra Burne Cheltenham, GL51
- Anne Marie Christensen Kentish Town, NW5
- Philippa Rumsey Ponders End, EN3
- Mari Carmen Central Bristol, BS2
- Chris Schlechte-Bond Acton Central, W3
- Bryan Dadson Wimbledon Park, SW18
- Toby Huelin Guildhall, EC2Y
- Samuel Bordoli Sydenham, SE26
- Teodor Radu Moorgate, EC2M
- Freya Jacklin Headington, OX3
- Sophia Rees Moorgate, EC1Y
- Stewart Wilson Central Glasgow, G31
- Andrew Hall Mitcham Junction, CR4
- Faith Taylor Leyton, E5
- Dan Joseph Teddington, TW11
- Michael Park Motspur Park, KT3
- Alistair Bankier Regent's Park, W9
- Ed Roberts Chapel Allerton, LS7
- Miles Smith Liswerry, NP19
- Imogen Clarke Fulford, YO10
- Harry de Moraville Henleaze, BS6
- B Westerman Grove Park, BR1
- Rhea Ranjan Clerkenwell, WC1
- Stephen Pedder Crouch End, N8
- RLM Singing Lessons Lisvane, CF14
- James Benzies Turnpike Lane, N15
- Lois Au Southfields, SW15
- Daniel Joy Ware, SG12
- Naomi Watson Clapham North, SW4
- Alex Wingfield Bloomsbury, W1T
- Ed Whitehead Holloway, N7
- Edward Farmer Blackheath, SE13
- Juan Rezzuto Earl's Court, W14
- Sara Woo-Sam BMus(Hons) Cambridge, CB1
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Music
- Personal Message
- I am a patient and professional tutor, with wide-ranging experience across many different styles of music, and a flexible approach to suit the individual needs of each student. I am equally at home teaching beginners and advanced students.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am experienced at tutoring online via Skype or email.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I regularly tutor piano and theory (to grade 8), and composition and academic music (GCSE, A-Level and undergraduate degree level). I can also offer top-up sessions in aural and sight-reading to supplement regular piano lessons with another teacher, and interview and application preparation for students intending to study music at university.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold a First Class Honours degree in Music from the University of Oxford, and a Distinction in Grade 8 Piano. I am about to start studying for a Masters in Composition at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- For the past academic year, I held the position of Composer in Residence at Jersey College for Girls. During this role, I worked with A-Level and GCSE students on their compositions and ran a popular series of composition and songwriting workshops. I have also taught at Victoria College and the Jersey Academy of Music, and recently worked as a Music Mentor on the St Anne's College Advanced Musicianship Programme, a joint venture between Oxford University and Oxfordshire County Youth Music Service, tutoring teenagers from across the county.
Away from tutoring, I am an award-winning composer of music for theatre, film and the concert hall. I am also active as a musical director, orchestrator and arranger. I have worked with composers including Eric Whitacre, Howard Blake and Stuart Brayson (From Here To Eternity), and my music has been performed across the UK by ensembles including the BBC Singers and the Cavaleri Quartet.
As a pianist, I won the PwC Young Musician of the Year Competition on piano in 2011 and have performed as a soloist with the Jersey Symphony Orchestra. I was a Music Scholar at St Anne’s College, Oxford on the strength of my piano performance, and have performed as a soloist and chamber musician at venues including the Holywell Music Room and Jacqueline du Pré Concert Hall in Oxford. I regularly accompany instrumental and vocal soloists and ensembles, and am confident at sight-reading and improvisation. My experience at piano has led to a number of compositions for the instrument, from technically difficult works for professional performers, to works for younger pianists, including pieces for my own students. I studied piano with Sholto Kynoch (Director of the Oxford Lieder Festival) and Christopher George.
- How much do you charge?
- My standard rate is £30-40/hr depending on the subject and level.
- Where do you teach?
- I am available to teach at students' homes, or for non-instrumental tuition, lessons can take place at a mutually convenient location (eg. a coffee shop). I am happy to travel across London to teach.
- When are you available?
- My teaching times are flexible and I can work around a student's needs, whether it be weekdays, weekends or evenings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and levels, from beginner to advanced, instrumental or academic music tuition, and university preparation (eg. Oxbridge).
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Music exams (ABRSM and Trinity Guildhall), GCSE and A Level Music etc.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Send a message to Toby Huelin
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more