Online GCSE Music Tutors / GCSE Music Tuition
See Also: Music; A-level Music; A-level Music Technology; Chamber Music; Early Years Music; Higher Music; Key Stage 3 Music; Music Production; Music Technology; Music Workshops; Musicianship; National 4/5 Music; Special Needs Music; University Music
|Sandra Burne||Cheltenham, GL51|
|Anne Marie Christensen||Kentish Town, NW5|
|Julia Paskova||Sloane Square, SW7|
|Edward Farmer||Blackheath, SE13|
|Dan Joseph||Teddington, TW11|
|James Henshaw||Stratford, E15|
|Neil Doherty||Millbrook, SO15|
|Imogen Clarke||Fulford, YO10|
|Emmanuel Vass||Davenport, SK2|
|Samuel Bordoli||Sydenham, SE26|
|Dr Geoffrey Govier||Knightsbridge, SW7|
|Rhea Ranjan||Clerkenwell, WC1|
|Lottie Greenhow||Queens Park, MK40|
|Tom Harrison||Oval, SW8|
|Will Buchanan||East Peckham, TN12|
|Philippa Rumsey||Ponders End, EN3|
|Steven Llewellyn, Guitar tutor||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Alex Wingfield||Highbury, N16|
|Nick Scott Jones||Uxbridge, UB8|
|Jordan Bowron||Blackheath, SE10|
|James Harold||Old Street, EC1V|
|Michael Park||Motspur Park, KT3|
|Katarina Đorđević||Kenton, HA3|
|Bryan Dadson||Wimbledon Park, SW18|
|Sally Bridgewater||Armley, LS12|
|Stewart Wilson||Central Glasgow, G31|
|Helen Littlewood||Broadstairs, CT10|
|Alistair Bankier||Regent's Park, W9|
|Tim Doyle||Archway, N15|
|Ed Whitehead||Tufnell Park, N7|
|Marie Schreer||Archway, N4|
|Alistair Campbell||Openshaw, M43|
|Bekki Gocher||Central Manchester, M3|
|Freya Jacklin||Peckham, SE15|
|Harry de Moraville||Henleaze, BS6|
|Richard Colquhoun||Central Bristol, BS6|
|Sara Woo-Sam BMus(Hons)||Cambridge, CB1|
|Sophie Gledhill||Sydenham, SE26|
|J Preece||Ravenscourt Park, W4|
|Kristin Sofroniou||New Cross, SE14|
|Angelika Stangl||Amersham, HP7|
|Stephen Pedder||Crouch End, N8|
|Firat Altay||Harringay, N4|
|Liam H||Winchester, SO20|
|Lois Au||Putney, SW15|
|Deryn Cullen||Wyke, BD12|
|Faith Taylor||Leyton, E5|
|Aizhana Nurkenova||St John's Wood, NW6|
|Teodor Radu||Moorgate, EC2M|
|Alex Paxton||Cricklewood, NW2|
|Ed Roberts||Chapel Allerton, LS7|
|Anthony Friend||Brixton, SW2|
|B Westerman||Grove Park, BR1|
|Chris Schlechte-Bond||Acton Central, W3|
|Michael Joel||Turnham Green, W4|
|Michelle C Gibson||Park, WV6|
|Juan Rezzuto||Earl's Court, W14|
|Gareth Pr||Aylesbury, HP19|
|RLM Singing Lessons||Lisvane, CF14|
|Mari Carmen||Redland, BS6|
|Yiannis Christophides||East Barnet, EN4|
|Mark Harrison||Farnworth, BL4|
|Daniel Joy||Ware, SG12|
|Toby Hunt||Kidbrooke, SE7|
|Miranda Sadek||Eccleshall, ST21|
|Megan Morris||Cowbridge, CF71|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Music
- Personal Message
- Learning Music Theory can be confusing and uninspiring for students. But Music should never be uninspiring, which is why my approach is very different. I am a trained musicologist with a passion for the many different types of music in this world.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can mark your work via Sibelius or postal, or scanned digital examples. Online and Skype learning is available, even if in combination to offline learning.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- GCSE and A Level Music
ABRSM and Trinity Music Theory Exams
Harmony and Counterpoint
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Music History and Theory Diploma (Emilis Melngailis Liepeja Music College)
Bachelor of Music History, Theory and Teaching (Latvian Music Academy)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught music for most of my professional life, even during my student years.
- How much do you charge?
- Where do you teach?
- Central London. Studio or Informal Location (Cafe or Barbican Library). Home visits can be requested but cannot be guaranteed.
- When are you available?
- Saturdays. Most Weekdays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- School Ages. Adults and Children.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM Theory Exams. Trinity Theory Exams. GCSE and A Level Music Exams.
Whatever your needs are in music theory, this is my area. I don't teach instruments or performance. Music culture, theory and musicology is my number one interest and specialty.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- No. But I can arrange one on request.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Currently I enjoy working at the National Archives in Kew. My teaching work takes place in Central London at a studio, or a more informal cafe setting if you need me to mark your work. Home visits are subject to availability.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained in Latvia, firstly at a Music High School for Performing Arts. Later on I studied at the Latvian Music Academy learning theory and composition amongst some of Europe's leading composers including Romualds Kalsons and Georgs Pelecis who was also a lecturer at Oxford University during his career. During this time I immersed myself in musicology, theory and composition. I composed some of my own pieces too, despite my main interest in the history and development of music.
In the UK I have worked at a Music Cataloger, in Libraries across the U.K, including Birmingham Library, Royal Academy and Trinity Laban. I love to arrange music collections for the general public enjoyment and access. There are not many music catalogers in the United Kingdom due to it's very specific qualifications, and I am very happy to have contributed to the cultural life in the U.K in this capacity.
Despite my formal training in Europe, I am aware of the U.K examination systems and I enjoy the variation in the GCSE Syllabus or the more traditional ABRSM exams. Whatever your needs are in music theory, this is my area. I don't teach instruments, or scales, or performance. Music culture, theory and musicology is my number one interest and specialty.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I tutor students from many different musical and non musical backgrounds. Our work together has increased their passion and enjoyment for music and the arts, with theory and musicology playing an important role in their perception of arts and culture in general.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Would you like to really know how music works and get inside the mind of the composer? This has huge benefits on your own learning. Learning Theory and Musicology should never be a daunting or tedious task, be it an ABRSM Grade 5 Exam or your A Levels, I want to help you gain the best understanding of music.
Send a message to Julia Paskova
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more