GCSE Music Tuition in Hillingdon (Uxbridge, Ruislip, Northwood, Hayes, Eastcote)
Other areas: Ealing; Harrow; Hounslow; Slough; South Bucks; Spelthorne; Three Rivers; Online GCSE Music Tuition
See Also: Music; A-level Music; A-level Music Technology; Chamber Music; Early Years Music; Key Stage 3 Music; Music Production; Music Technology; Music Workshops; Musicianship; Special Needs Music; University Music
Tutors travelling to Hillingdon
|Michael Joel||Turnham Green, W4|
|Deryn Cullen||Wyke, BD12|
|Mark Harrison||Farnworth, BL4|
|B Westerman||Grove Park, BR1|
|Harry de Moraville||Henleaze, BS6|
|Mari Carmen||Redland, BS6|
|Richard Colquhoun||Central Bristol, BS6|
|Sara Woo-Sam BMus(Hons)||Cambridge, CB1|
|RLM Singing Lessons||Lisvane, CF14|
|Megan Morris||Cowbridge, CF71|
|Helen Littlewood||Broadstairs, CT10|
|Faith Taylor||Leyton, E5|
|James Henshaw||Stratford, E15|
|James Harold||Old Street, EC1V|
|Teodor Radu||Moorgate, EC2M|
|Philippa Rumsey||Ponders End, EN3|
|Yiannis Christophides||East Barnet, EN4|
|Stewart Wilson||Central Glasgow, G31|
|Sandra Burne||Cheltenham, GL51|
|Katarina Đorđević||Kenton, HA3|
|Angelika Stangl||Amersham, HP7|
|Gareth Pr||Aylesbury, HP19|
|Michael Park||Motspur Park, KT3|
|Ed Roberts||Chapel Allerton, LS7|
|Sally Bridgewater||Armley, LS12|
|Bekki Gocher||Central Manchester, M3|
|Alistair Campbell||Openshaw, M43|
|Lottie Greenhow||Queens Park, MK40|
|Firat Altay||Harringay, N4|
|Marie Schreer||Archway, N4|
|Ed Whitehead||Tufnell Park, N7|
|Stephen Pedder||Crouch End, N8|
|Tim Doyle||Archway, N15|
|Alex Wingfield||Highbury, N16|
|Steven Llewellyn, Guitar tutor||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Alex Paxton||Cricklewood, NW2|
|Anne Marie Christensen||Kentish Town, NW5|
|Aizhana Nurkenova||St John's Wood, NW6|
|Toby Hunt||Kidbrooke, SE7|
|Jordan Bowron||Blackheath, SE10|
|Edward Farmer||Blackheath, SE13|
|Kristin Sofroniou||New Cross, SE14|
|Freya Jacklin||Peckham, SE15|
|Samuel Bordoli||Sydenham, SE26|
|Sophie Gledhill||Sydenham, SE26|
|Daniel Joy||Ware, SG12|
|Emmanuel Vass||Davenport, SK2|
|Neil Doherty||Millbrook, SO15|
|Liam H||Winchester, SO20|
|Miranda Sadek||Eccleshall, ST21|
|Anthony Friend||Brixton, SW2|
|Dr Geoffrey Govier||Knightsbridge, SW7|
|Julia Paskova||Sloane Square, SW7|
|Tom Harrison||Oval, SW8|
|Lois Au||Putney, SW15|
|Bryan Dadson||Wimbledon Park, SW18|
|Will Buchanan||East Peckham, TN12|
|Dan Joseph||Teddington, TW11|
|Chris Schlechte-Bond||Acton Central, W3|
|J Preece||Ravenscourt Park, W4|
|Michael Joel||Turnham Green, W4|
|Alistair Bankier||Regent's Park, W9|
|Juan Rezzuto||Earl's Court, W14|
|Rhea Ranjan||Clerkenwell, WC1|
|Michelle C Gibson||Park, WV6|
|Imogen Clarke||Fulford, YO10|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Music
- Personal Message
- Personal tuition is always geared fully to the individual to suit their needs.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Piano, Brass, Theory and general Musicianship. I also teach English, History and Music to GCSE level. I teach all academic subjest up to Key Stage Two level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA Honours degree in English and Music and an ARCM diploma in Brass teaching. I have qualified teacher status (secondary qualified but with over 20 years primary experience). I am now however self-employed and concentrate on private tutoring and freelance musical work.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have thirty years experience of teaching Music and over 20 years experience of primary teaching. I have much experience of preparing students for SATs and Music Theory examinations.
- How much do you charge?
- On average I charge £30 per hour. I am prepared to teach some subjects, especially Music lessons on a half hourly basis. I do not charge extra for travel and am prepared to negotiate fees according to individual circumstances and the level and nature of the tuition required.
- Where do you teach?
- I prefer to teach students in their own homes. I am based in Hayes so can easily travel to Uxbridge, Harrow, Northolt, Ealing or South Buckinghamshire.
- When are you available?
- I am prepared to teach in the school holidays, at weekends and after school. I am prepared to teach at other times if students are available.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages including adults. I teach brass, piano and theory from beginner to Grade 8. I teach all academic subjects to Key stage Two level, and teach Music, History and English to GCSE and A level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare students for examinations, recitals and performance of all kinds. I also undertake accompanying work at all levels from grade exams to professional recital work
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an Enhanced CRB disclosure
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I would not be interested in tutoring online.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- National Union of Teachers.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- University of London and University of London Institute of Education.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have a student who has won a scholarship to Cheethams in Manchester and who is in the National Youth Wind Orchestra of Great Britain. I have another who is currently in the National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am an enthusiastic teacher and I am very experienced. I tailor my approach carefully to suit the individual and do not teach any two students in the same way. I expect the very best from all of my students but recognise that we all learn at different rates and am patient with those who find learning difficult.
Send a message to Derek Holland
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more