GCSE Music Tuition in Hillingdon (Uxbridge, Ruislip, Northwood, Hayes, Eastcote)
Tutors in Hillingdon
- Derek Holland Hayes, UB4
Tutors travelling to Hillingdon
Interested in online tuition for GCSE Music?Online GCSE Music Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Music
- Personal Message
- Personal tuition is always geared fully to the individual to suit their needs.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Piano, Brass, Theory and general Musicianship. I also teach English, History and Music to GCSE level. I teach all academic subjest up to Key Stage Two level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA Honours degree in English and Music and an ARCM diploma in Brass teaching. I have qualified teacher status (secondary qualified but with over 20 years primary experience). I am now however self-employed and concentrate on private tutoring and freelance musical work.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have thirty years experience of teaching Music and over 20 years experience of primary teaching. I have much experience of preparing students for SATs and Music Theory examinations.
- How much do you charge?
- On average I charge £30 per hour. I am prepared to teach some subjects, especially Music lessons on a half hourly basis. I do not charge extra for travel and am prepared to negotiate fees according to individual circumstances and the level and nature of the tuition required.
- Where do you teach?
- I prefer to teach students in their own homes. I am based in Hayes so can easily travel to Uxbridge, Harrow, Northolt, Ealing or South Buckinghamshire.
- When are you available?
- I am prepared to teach in the school holidays, at weekends and after school. I am prepared to teach at other times if students are available.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages including adults. I teach brass, piano and theory from beginner to Grade 8. I teach all academic subjects to Key stage Two level, and teach Music, History and English to GCSE and A level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare students for examinations, recitals and performance of all kinds. I also undertake accompanying work at all levels from grade exams to professional recital work
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an Enhanced CRB disclosure
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I would not be interested in tutoring online.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- National Union of Teachers.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- University of London and University of London Institute of Education.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have a student who has won a scholarship to Cheethams in Manchester and who is in the National Youth Wind Orchestra of Great Britain. I have another who is currently in the National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am an enthusiastic teacher and I am very experienced. I tailor my approach carefully to suit the individual and do not teach any two students in the same way. I expect the very best from all of my students but recognise that we all learn at different rates and am patient with those who find learning difficult.
Send a message to Derek Holland
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more