GCSE Music Tuition in Redbridge (Ilford, Woodford, Wanstead, Hainault and Barkingside)
Other areas: Barking and Dagenham; Epping Forest; Havering; Newham; Waltham Forest; Online GCSE Music Tuition
See Also: Music; A-level Music; A-level Music Technology; Chamber Music; Early Years Music; Key Stage 3 Music; Music Production; Music Technology; Music Workshops; Musicianship; Special Needs Music; University Music
Tutors in Redbridge
|Sorry no tutors found|
Tutors travelling to Redbridge
|James Henshaw||Stratford, E15|
|Tom Corin||Plaistow, E15|
|Marianne Wright||Royal Docks, E16|
|Kalia Baklitzanaki||Highams Park, E17|
|Deryn Cullen||Wyke, BD12|
|Mark Harrison||Farnworth, BL4|
|B Westerman||Grove Park, BR1|
|Harry de Moraville||Henleaze, BS6|
|Mari Carmen||Redland, BS6|
|Richard Colquhoun||Central Bristol, BS6|
|Sara Woo-Sam BMus(Hons)||Cambridge, CB1|
|RLM Singing Lessons||Lisvane, CF14|
|Megan Morris||Cowbridge, CF71|
|Helen Littlewood||Broadstairs, CT10|
|Faith Taylor||Leyton, E5|
|James Henshaw||Stratford, E15|
|James Harold||Old Street, EC1V|
|Teodor Radu||Moorgate, EC2M|
|Philippa Rumsey||Ponders End, EN3|
|Yiannis Christophides||East Barnet, EN4|
|Stewart Wilson||Central Glasgow, G31|
|Sandra Burne||Cheltenham, GL51|
|Katarina Đorđević||Kenton, HA3|
|Angelika Stangl||Amersham, HP7|
|Gareth Pr||Aylesbury, HP19|
|Michael Park||Motspur Park, KT3|
|Ed Roberts||Chapel Allerton, LS7|
|Sally Bridgewater||Armley, LS12|
|Bekki Gocher||Central Manchester, M3|
|Alistair Campbell||Openshaw, M43|
|Lottie Greenhow||Queens Park, MK40|
|Firat Altay||Harringay, N4|
|Marie Schreer||Archway, N4|
|Ed Whitehead||Tufnell Park, N7|
|Stephen Pedder||Crouch End, N8|
|Tim Doyle||Archway, N15|
|Alex Wingfield||Highbury, N16|
|Steven Llewellyn, Guitar tutor||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Alex Paxton||Cricklewood, NW2|
|Anne Marie Christensen||Kentish Town, NW5|
|Aizhana Nurkenova||St John's Wood, NW6|
|Toby Hunt||Kidbrooke, SE7|
|Jordan Bowron||Blackheath, SE10|
|Edward Farmer||Blackheath, SE13|
|Kristin Sofroniou||New Cross, SE14|
|Freya Jacklin||Peckham, SE15|
|Samuel Bordoli||Sydenham, SE26|
|Sophie Gledhill||Sydenham, SE26|
|Daniel Joy||Ware, SG12|
|Emmanuel Vass||Davenport, SK2|
|Neil Doherty||Millbrook, SO15|
|Liam H||Winchester, SO20|
|Miranda Sadek||Eccleshall, ST21|
|Anthony Friend||Brixton, SW2|
|Dr Geoffrey Govier||Knightsbridge, SW7|
|Julia Paskova||Sloane Square, SW7|
|Tom Harrison||Oval, SW8|
|Lois Au||Putney, SW15|
|Bryan Dadson||Wimbledon Park, SW18|
|Will Buchanan||East Peckham, TN12|
|Dan Joseph||Teddington, TW11|
|Nick Scott Jones||Uxbridge, UB8|
|Chris Schlechte-Bond||Acton Central, W3|
|J Preece||Ravenscourt Park, W4|
|Michael Joel||Turnham Green, W4|
|Alistair Bankier||Regent's Park, W9|
|Juan Rezzuto||Earl's Court, W14|
|Rhea Ranjan||Clerkenwell, WC1|
|Michelle C Gibson||Park, WV6|
|Imogen Clarke||Fulford, YO10|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Music
- Personal Message
- I enjoy playing music as much as I enjoy teaching it and this is the message I try to pass on to my students!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I mainly teach Flute, Arabic flute (nay) and Recorder. I also specialise in world music and teach singing such as Greek (rebetika, laika, paradosiaka), Arabic and Turkish.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Diploma in Flute from the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music and a Jazz Flute Certificate from Athenaeum Conservatoire in Greece. I also studied at University attaining a Music degree from the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London and a Master’s in Dance Anthropology from the University of Roehampton. In addition I have a Diploma as ‘Heritage Artist in Education’ from the Open University.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have many years of experience teaching and performing in London and abroad. Schools I have taught in in London include: Montem Primary School, Acland Burghley School, Aylward School, Paiwand Afghan Association, Pembrooke Music Academy and First Musical Academy. I have been involved in children’s projects at the Barbican, V&A, The British Museum and The Science Museum. I have created a CD of World Music recorded, performed and arranged by children, funded by BBC Children in Need. My performances include playing in venues such as the Queen Elizabeth Hall, Alexandria Library and the Cairo Opera House. I have collaborated with artists such as Natacha Atlas, Kuljit Bhamra, Kit Downes and the Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra. I also have experience working with disabled children and adults and work with music schemes providing music in hospitals, hospices, day care centers etc, including: Live Music Now, Music in Hospitals and Vital Arts.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 per hour for lessons in my home studio. It may be possible to travel and I charge extra for this.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my home in Walthamstow Central and am can travel to nearby areas such as Leytonstone, Blackhorse Road, Tottenham, Seven Sisters. I also travel to areas such as: Stoke Newington, Dalston, Finsbury Park, Crouch End, Archway, Tufnell Park, Highate, Belsize park, Hampstead, Caledonian Road, Highbury and Islington, Camden, Angel, Russel Square, Warren Street, Knightsbridge, Chelsea etc.
- When are you available?
- I have a very flexible timetable which I can adjust to your availabilities most days/times of the week as well as during school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am happy to teach all ages and levels as well as disabled students. I have most experience teaching children and adults from beginners to advanced.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I am able to prepaire students for ABRSM exams, instrumental grades 1-8 and theory grades 1-5. For those who are not the exam-type (!) I can devise an individual system for monitoring progress.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have skype which I use for online tutoring.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I belong to the Musician's Union.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- My main flute, teachers have been Nickos Nickopoulos (Greek National Opera Orchestra) and Wissam Boustany (London based International Soloist).
I have studied singing with Marta Sebestyen (Hungarian), Anwar Abu Dragh (Arabic), Hussein Arman (Afghan). I have also studied modal composition with Ross Daly.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current flute students include children aged 5-14 as well as a woman in her 60s who decided to take up flute as part of her retirement! Go for it!
In my lessons I focus on posture, breathing, articulation, technique, sight-reading, playing from memory, building a varied repertoire, playing with others and improvisation.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I believe music should be fun! Practising should be a desire not an obligation and I try to instill this positive and creative way of approaching music in my teaching. I also believe every student is a gifted musician and I see my role as a facilitator in everyone's own personal process of discovering their natural musical ability.
What I can offer students is the experience of studying with an active music performer. I 'live' music on a daily basis and my work in studios and on concert stages is reflected in the knowledge I am able to deliver to my students. I nurture students that become open-minded to a wide variety of repertoires and techniques and who have the confidence, spontaneity and creativity to be able to improvise and to play with anyone.
Send a message to Kalia Baklitzanaki
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more