GCSE Music Tuition in Redbridge (Ilford, Woodford, Wanstead, Hainault and Barkingside)
Tutors in Redbridge
- Will Sullivan Wanstead, E12
Tutors travelling to Redbridge
- Sophia Rees Moorgate, EC1Y
Interested in online tuition for GCSE Music?Online GCSE Music Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Music
- Personal Message
- I really enjoy helping people discover and develop their passion for music, rather than simply jumping through the hoops required to pass exams. Whilst I am mainly classically trained, my interests extend to Jazz, Rock, Funk, and many other genres.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Composition - Beginner to Degree Level
Trumpet - Beginner to Grade 8 +
Piano - Beginner to Grade 5
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA Music First Class Honours.
Grade 8 Distinction Trumpet.
Grade 5 Theory.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I started performing at the age of 9, studying the trumpet and piano, and since then I have played with a wide variety of ensembles, including championship Brass Bands Redbridge Brass and the Rothwell Temperance Band, as well as the Forest Philharmonic Orchestra, and the Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra.
I have also played live with Becontree Brass Band on BBC Radio 2 with Chris Evans, as official entertainment for the Royal Wedding.
I spent the last 5 years studying the trumpet with Phil Lawrence ARCM, PGRNCM, MFTCL, BMus, as well as having additional lessons with John Dickinson (ex head of brass at the Royal Northern), Gareth Small (Principal of the Halle) and Paul Cosh FGSM, LRAM, LGSM.
In 2013 I graduated with first class honours in composition from Leeds College of Music. I spent my first year studying performance as a major, before shifting my focus to writing music. I have studied composition with Dr David Fligg Ba, Mmus, PhD, FHEA, Dr Carl Vincent PhD, MMus, FNCM, FVCM, FRSA, LRAM, PGCE, FHEA and Peter Whitfield BMus, MMus, Dip Comp Accademia di Santa Cecilia, along with receiving consultations from external tutors including Gary Carpenter LRAM, Hon RAM, ARCM.
Whilst studying at Leeds, I collaborated with the students at the Northern Ballet to create a short dance, which was performed by the dancers in their end of year showcase in June. In my final year, I received the Michael Grady Memorial Prize for composition, and won the Leeds Community Symphony Orchestra composition competition with my piece ‘Joyce’.
I've developed a strong idiomatic understanding of other instrument groups by teaching myself the Piano, the Guitar, the Mandolin and the Violin, which has developed my compositional skills.
- How much do you charge?
- £30/hr Composition
- Where do you teach?
- I usually teach from home, but on occasion I may be able to arrange travel to students' houses.
- When are you available?
- I am relatively flexible, however please contact me to find a mutually convenient time!
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages, and from complete beginner to degree level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Composition - Up to degree level.
Trumpet - Up to Grade 8.
Piano - Up to Grade 5.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- No, I had a full CRB whilst working at Wanstead High School but it has since expired.
Send a message to Will Sullivan
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more