GCSE Science Tuition in Northampton
Tutors in Northampton
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Northampton
- CJ Brierley Blakesley and Cote, NN12
Interested in online tuition for GCSE Science?Online GCSE Science Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Science
- Personal Message
- I have been passionate about sciences since leaving school 40 years ago. After 15 years as a private tutor I have found tremendous satisfaction helping students understand the complex issues introduced at A level and GCSE.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- A level Chemistry
A level Biology
A level Physics
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- A levels Chemistry, Biology Physics, Maths
MA in Biochemistry form Oxford University
27 years industrial research in electronics
15 years as a private tutor
- What kind of experience do you have?
- 15 years as a private tutor (15 to 20 hours per week).
I have worked in scientific research all my life.
I am an experienced lecturer in my subject
Before becoming self employed I worked as a Dept manager in Electronic materials and Bioelectronics at the Caswell Research centre in Northampton, then as a Department head (Nanotechnology Sensors) with GEC Marconi in Materials Technology until 2001. I now works as a consultant to the DTI and EC in Medical/physics research part time while devoting the after school hours and where possible daytime hours to Private tuition. I have found a talent for helping students understand complex and unfamiliar concepts introduced in the Science subjects and how to tackle difficult exam questions using this new found understanding. As soon as a student is able I believe in coaching them in answering real (recent) exam questions so that they become very familiar with the techniques necessary for successfully handling such questions. With my previous experience in interviewing prospective job applicants and sourcing funding for research and development I am able to help candidates at A level to present their strengths in university applications and I am well placed to discuss possible progression routes.
- How much do you charge?
- £25/hour GCSE
£30/hour A level
- Where do you teach?
- I tutor in the Northampton, Milton Keynes and Banbury areas. After school hours teaching is at my house because travelling wastes limited after school time. I can travel by arrangement during the day.
- When are you available?
- Weekday evenings (4.00pm to 7.30 pm)
Week days (8.30am to 4.00pm)
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages at GCSE and A level
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, A levels and UKCAT
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Send a message to CJ Brierley
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more