Online Italian (general) Tutors / Italian (general) Lessons
See Also: Show
- Lodovico Central Chester, CH4
- Zinajda Kodrič Streatham, SW2
- Gerardo Gozzi PhD RAM Willesden Green, NW2
- Trixi Field Ellesmere Urban, SY12
- Domenico Gioffré Fulham, SW6
- Silvia Palombo Cricklewood, NW2
- Violet Shoreditch, E2
- Fiona Newborough, PE4
- Paul Grace Chorlton, M21
- Gaetano Nenna Alperton, NW10
- Caroline Thomson Crofton and Ryhill, WF1
- Margherita Spanu Hammersmith, W6
- Luisa Romano Warlingham, CR6
- Maria D'Argenio Thornton Heath, CR7
- Giuliana Secchi Wells, BA5
- Alessandra Serra Clapham Common, SW4
- Letizia Parisi East Acton, W3
- Cerasela E. Chiswick, W4
- Benedetta Pacini East Acton, W3
- Tim Strauss Preston Park, BN1
- Howard Stephens Llanwern, NP26
- Emilce Sandra Rees Chelsea, SW3
- Matt Didsbury, M19
- Laura Turinetto Southfields, SW19
- Rosemary S L Beard Sutton Central, SM2
- Silvina83 Faversham, ME13
- Daniela Gottardello Hampstead Garden Sub, NW11
- Agnese Central Guildford, GU2
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Italian (general)
- Personal Message
- Hello, I am Caroline and I am a fully qualified and experienced languages teacher and tutor. I cater for all levels.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Online tutoring is available in half hour blocks as well as one hour blocks if preferred.
Any worksheets and useful notes will be emailed before the lesson as well as a link for an online whiteboard.
Lessons need to be paid for prior to the lesson. Contact me about special offers for online learning!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I can offer language learning in French to AS and A2 level, Spanish to AS and A2 level, German to GCSE level, Italian to AS and A2 level and Japanese to GCSE level. I can also provide tuition at primary level, which has in the past led to students taking a GCSE exam early, and for adults. Adult and young learners are very welcome too. I also cater for International Bacalaureat and the Proficiency exams at all levels.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA hons from the University of Hull in French which included me taking free electives in Spanish, Italian and Japanese. I also opted to take a post GCSE German course.
I obtained my PGCE at the University of York in Modern Foreign Languages in 2004.
In 2011 I obtained certification on a 120 hour Teaching English as a Foreign Language course.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been a teacher in a Specialist Language College near Wakefield for eight years, teaching all levels of languages including Primary, and a private tutor for two years. As a teacher I have achieved excellent exam results and introduced Italian to the school as an extra GCSE subject. I am very proud of my students.
As part of my PGCE, I taught at schools in North Yorkshire, in Richmond and in Scarborough, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
As a tutor, I have gained experience I teaching for IB exams and for the different Proficiency exams such as the DALF and IELTS. Students have done well in their exams.
- How much do you charge?
- An hour's lesson costs £16 for one student.
A group discount is available for two or more students: £22 for 2 students, £27 for 3 students. Please contact me about groups of 4+ students.
If a block of ten lessons is booked and paid for the costs are as follows: 1 student, £150, 2 students, £200, 3 students, £250.
Although, for tuition during summer in the daytime, there is a special reduced rate available. Please do contact me about this.
- Where do you teach?
- Lessons take place at my home in the St John's area of Wakefield where there is a whole host of resources. Students can experience language learning using resources online.
Online lessons are also available all over the UK and from abroad via Skype or Face-time. We use an online whiteboard and I can share the computer screen with you so there are plenty of ways to learn from a distance!
- When are you available?
- I am available all week during the day although evenings are rather busy at the moment, there are a few hours available over the weekend.
Please contact me about school holidays as there are some additional hours available especially if you would like some tuition over the summer holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am happy to teach languages at all levels from primary to adult learning including GCSE, IGCSE, AS/ A2 levels, IB and all Proficiency exams. I am also ready for teaching the new exam specifications for the new GCSE and A-level exams and am aware of the changes and work needed to help the students. However, if you just want to learn for fun, you are more than welcome too. I am currently learning Chinese so I know what it is like to learn a new language from scratch!
All ages are welcome, it is never too early or too late to learn a language!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare students for GCSE, iGCSE (mainly in languages students wish to take and may not be available in school), AS and A2 levels. Including the new specifications from September 2015 for GCSE and A-level for all exam boards.
International Baccalaureat, all Proficiency exams and of course, languages just for fun!
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- University of York 2004
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- the sky's the limit with a language!
Send a message to Caroline Thomson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more