Jazz Trombone Lessons in Southampton
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Southampton
- Neil Doherty Millbrook, SO15
Tutors travelling to Southampton
- Sorry no tutors found
- Edward Horsey Seven Sisters, N15
- Kieran Joy Old Moat, M20
- Ellie Smith Bury Centre, BL9
- Daniel Friend Central Norwich, NR2
- Jon Spanyol Highgate, N6
- Duncan Morrell Nidd Valley, HG3
- James Harold Old Street, EC1V
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Trombone
- Personal Message
- I am a highly experienced and enthusiastic musician, with a passion for teaching and genuine love of music. I believe it is key to show individuals how to thoroughly enjoy and benefit from learning music, seeing their progression is a great reward.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach all brass instruments from Trumpet to Tuba (not french horn) for all styles of music, ABRSM Music Theory and I also offer help with GCSE and A Level Coursework.
Students wishing to take grades on an instrument or music theory I can help you with this.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA (Hons) Music
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching brass instruments since 1998 and music theory since 2006 both in one to one and group sessions. I've had students from all ages from complete beginner to advanced, players seeking help with embouchure problems and comeback players.
I regularly help students prepare for exams for both ABRSM and Trinity syllabuses.
My credits as a trumpet player work include the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, The New Squadionaires Big Band, The Rat Pack Vegas Spectacular, Shed Seven, Omar, Memphis Belle Swing Orchestra, P&O Cruises, Nick Pride & the Pimptones (Italy & UK Tours), Southern Camerata Orchestra, Shane Hampsheir Big Band, Soul legends Jimmy James (The Vegabonds), Clem Curtis (The Foundations) toured with "Annie" the Musical (UK Tour), And Finally...Phil Collins (UK Tour), Talon - The Best of Eagles (UK Tour) as well as numerous other big bands, jive, jazz, funk, swing, function groups and production shows.
- How much do you charge?
- £25 - 1hour
£15 - 30 mins
First Lesson FREE for Beginners
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my home in Southampton or I can come to you providing travel expenses are covered. I can travel to most areas of Hampshire including Winchester, Romsey, New Forest, Portsmouth and the surrounding areas.
- When are you available?
- I have a very flexible schedule with lessons available from Monday to Saturday. Because I understand my students have existing work and life commitments, I can offer morning, afternoon or evening lessons.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages and levels, beginner to advanced, young and old.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can help you gain any of the ABRSM or Trinity grades on your instrument or take you through the theory grade books.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I do.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I also regularly conduct lessons via Skype, so it doesn't matter where you are in the world, contact me to arrange a Skype lesson.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Musicians' Union
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I have studied trumpet with Paul Young (Ulster Orchestra), George Parnaby, Richard Martin (Northern Sinfonia) and Mike Lovatt (BBC Big Band, London's West End, John Wilson Orchestra)
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Beginners starting out, don't worry if you don't have an instrument, I can help you with buying (or renting) an instrument to get you started.
Students doing Music GCSE or A Level, improve your Coursework by learning how to put your Composition/Arrangement on the computer and submit a professional looking score.
Send a message to Neil Doherty
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more