Online Public Speaking Tutors / Public Speaking Tuition
- Joseph Wilkins Southfields, SW18
- Jay London Colney, WD7
- Ian Sanders Glemsford, CO10
- Lynn Edmonstone Bayswater, W11
- Helen Hendrickson Elocution Central Birmingham, B1
- Emmanuel Vass Davenport, SK2
- Josephine Breese Clerkenwell, EC1V
- Rachel Preece Earl's Court, W14
- Izo FitzRoy Hammersmith, W6
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- Pauline Midwinter Beccles, NR34
- James Gregory Speech/Elocution Armitage, WS15
- Karon Rickatson Derwent, YO41
- Christine Leigh Milburn North Greenwich, SE7
- Dr Robin Wooldridge Edgbaston, B29
- LHanna Finchley Central, N3
- Ric Morris Hove, BN3
- Martin Thomasson Whittle-le-Woods, PR6
- Leon Trayman Walthamstow, E17
- Fiona Battisby Henbury, BS10
- Andy Collins Deerness, DH7
- Harriet Swift-Marshall Devizes, SN10
- Emma-Louise Tinniswood West Twickenham, TW2
- Joanna Gray Elstow and Stewartby, MK42
- Daniel Hart West End, W1W
- Dan Wheeler Battersea, SW11
- Hannah Robson Tooting, SW17
- Maureen Theaker Bushbury, WV1
- Marie-Louise Goode Sutton Coldfield, B74
- Gabrielle Jourdan Chalk Farm, NW1
- Marianne Samuels Bramcote, NG9
- Candy Leamington Spa, CV31
- Nathan Williams Central Bristol, BS8
- Janette Sedgebeer Sydenham, SE26
- Michael Park Motspur Park, KT3
- Pam Williams Brixton, SW9
- Dr Kiran Kamat Northfield, W5
- Pimmi Pande Nunhead, SE4
- Michael Hill Bloomsbury, WC1B
- Lindsey Pearson Northfield, TW8
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Public Speaking
- Personal Message
- Regardless of subject or level, I always have a personal approach to teaching, ascertaining the individual needs of my students and adapting to favoured learning strategies. Good communication is essential.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am happy to teach via Skype and have experience teaching GCSE English in this way. However, wherever possible, I would encourage face-to-face tutorials.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English Language and Literature - ages 9 - 18, including 11+, GCSE and A-Level, as well as adult students
Maths - ages 9 - 16, including 11+ and GCSE
11+ Entrance Exams - English, Maths, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
Public Speaking and Presentation
My profession as an actress encourages me to teach adults looking for public speaking and presentational skills. I also have experience of copywriting, proof-reading and editing.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA English Language and Literature - Oxford University, 2005-2008
Post-Graduate Acting - The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts, 2009-2011
A-Levels - AAA in English, Maths and Latin
AS-Levels - AAAAA in English, Maths, Latin, Biology and Chemistry
GCSEs - A* x 10 in English Language, English Literature, Maths (taken one year early), Dual Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics), French, Spanish, Latin, History, Drama
- What kind of experience do you have?
- In 2003, I first begаn teаching mаths аnd English tо grоups оf students between the аges оf 8 – 17-yeаrs-оld аt The Educаtiоn Centre in Hendоn, а smаll institutiоn thаt оffers evening аnd weekend clаsses. Since then, аt vаrying levels оf intensity, I hаve cоntinued tо teаch in the fоrm оf privаte tuitiоn, with cоre subjects оf Maths аnd English, as well as Drama and Public Speaking.
I hаve extensive experience оf 11+ Cоmmоn Entrаnce exаminаtiоns, including Verbаl аnd Nоn-Verbаl Reаsоning, securing plаces аt bоth privаte and stаte schооls, including Chаnning, South Hampstead, Nоtting Hill аnd Eаling High Schооl аnd Highgаte.
Mоst recently my teаching hаs fоcused оn A Level English, GCSE and 13+ English, Maths and Science, аs well аs 11+. I hаve аlsо tаught Lаtin аt 13+ level.
Recent exam success includes: 11+ entry to South Hampstead, Channing, City of London schools 2015
English GCSE (Edexcel) A+ 2014
I аlsо аssist drаmа clаsses fоr The Yоung Actоrs Cоmpаny in Sоuth Kensingtоn аnd аs а LAMDA-trаined аnd prоfessiоnаl аctress, often teach drama and presentation and public speaking skills.
- How much do you charge?
- 11+ - £45
Key Stage 3 - £45
A-Level - £50
All fees subject to an additional £5 depending on distance I need to travel. No travel costs if you come to me.
Other levels/subjects to be negotiated
- Where do you teach?
- I am based in north London, UK, and am willing to travel to students in London, within reason.
Student are also welcome to come to me as I also teach at home.
- When are you available?
- As an actress, my teaching times are very flexible, including all weekdays and weekends, day and evening.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Ages 9 - 18 depending on subject (see Subjects).
This includes 11+, 13+, GCSE and A-Level, as well as Drama/LAMDA Exams and public speaking skills.
I am always happy to teach adult students.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have an enhanced CRB certificate
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Current students include:
11+ Maths, English and Reasoning - focusing on the North London Consortium Schools, Henrietta Barnet and streaming tests for JFS
13+ and KS3 Maths support
A Level English (Edexcel) - Yeats, Frankenstein, Brave New World and Oryx and Crake
Presentation and Communication Skills - looking at general communication skills both inside and outside of the workplace for a non-native English speaker
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- 'I am always doing things I cannot do. That is how I get to do them' - Pablo Picasso. That's the spirit!
Send a message to LHanna
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more