Online Public Speaking Tutors / Public Speaking Tuition
- Julie Howell Orton, PE2
- K Heardman Plympton, PL9
- Ric Morris Hove, BN3
- Joseph Wilkins Southfields, SW18
- Rachel Preece Earl's Court, W14
- Martin Thomasson Whittle-le-Woods, PR6
- Dr Kiran Kamat Northfield, W5
- Emma-Louise Tinniswood West Twickenham, TW2
- Daniel Hart Notting Hill, W2
- Joanna Gray Elstow and Stewartby, MK42
- Ian Sanders Glemsford, CO10
- Pimmi Pande Nunhead, SE4
- Marie-Louise Goode Sutton Coldfield, B74
- Fiona Battisby Henbury, BS10
- Dan Wheeler Battersea, SW11
- Candy Leamington Spa, CV31
- Joanne Singer King's Cross, WC1X
- Leon Trayman Walthamstow, E17
- Melissa D'Arcy Stoke Newington, N16
- Michael Park Motspur Park, KT3
- Nathan Williams Central Bristol, BS8
- Izo FitzRoy Hammersmith, W6
- Harriet Swift-Marshall Devizes, SN10
- Maureen Theaker Bushbury, WV1
- Pauline Midwinter Beccles, NR34
- Karon Rickatson Derwent, YO41
- Pam Williams Brixton, SW9
- Andy Collins Deerness, DH7
- Helen Hendrickson Elocution Spital, B79
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- Gabrielle Jourdan Chalk Farm, NW1
- Lynn Edmonstone Bayswater, W11
- Jay London Colney, WD7
- Lindsey Pearson Northfield, TW8
- Dr Robin Wooldridge Edgbaston, B29
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Public Speaking
- Personal Message
- I am an academic mentor & tutor. I offer academic mentoring programmes to build confidence, help with academic decision making and develop strong study skills - I also offer a range of subject-specific tutoring in the Social Sciences & Humanities.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Email, google hangout or skype (also working with google docs for essays etc.)
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Sociology GCSE, A Level & beyond, Education Studies undergraduate (and postgraduate),
Critical Thinking, Essay Writing, Study Skills, Academic mentoring.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- PhD (Cambridge), PGCE (London), BA Hons (Reading)
Published academic, researcher, lecturer and teacher
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have experience of teaching from Primary to Postgraduate, although I tend to now specialise in working with the 14-21 age-group. I have particular expertise in working with students who lack confidence or who are finding the following areas challenging: essay writing, public speaking, social science theory, personal statements (UCAS) /university applications. I also have lots of experience of working with adults and offer academic mentoring programmes for all ages.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge between £35 (GCSE) and £40 (A Level and beyond) per hour if tutoring takes place at my house (Devizes, Wiltshire) or online. I can sometimes travel and charge between £3-£8 depending upon the distance/time. I offer reduced price consultations for groups of 2-3 and I offer discounts for sibling tuition.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at home, in students' homes, and online. Areas I might be able to travel to: SN8, SN9, SN10, SN11, SN12, SN4, (some of SN15).
- When are you available?
- Daytimes, School holidays and weekends can be negotiated.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- My area of expertise relates to ages 14-25, but I can teach younger or older in some circumstances.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. (2014)
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- British Sociological Association
British Journal of Sociology of Education (Editorial Board)
- Where and with whom did you train?
- University of London, University of Cambridge
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- 'Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.'
- Albert Einstein
Send a message to Harriet Swift-Marshall
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more