Online Public Speaking Tutors / Public Speaking Tuition
- Daniel Hart Notting Hill, W2
- Gabrielle Jourdan Chalk Farm, NW1
- Izo FitzRoy Hammersmith, W6
- Marie-Louise Goode Sutton Coldfield, B74
- Pimmi Pande Nunhead, SE4
- Andy Collins Deerness, DH7
- Joanna Gray Elstow and Stewartby, MK42
- Jay London Colney, WD7
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- Dr Robin Wooldridge Edgbaston, B29
- Karon Rickatson Derwent, YO41
- Ric Morris Hove, BN3
- Melissa D'Arcy Stoke Newington, N16
- Candy Leamington Spa, CV31
- Dr Kiran Kamat Northfield, W5
- Pam Williams Brixton, SW9
- Emma-Louise Tinniswood West Twickenham, TW2
- Pauline Midwinter Beccles, NR34
- Lynn Edmonstone Bayswater, W11
- Joseph Wilkins Southfields, SW18
- K Heardman Plympton, PL9
- Nathan Williams Central Bristol, BS8
- Julie Howell Orton, PE2
- Leon Trayman Walthamstow, E17
- Lindsey Pearson Northfield, TW8
- Joanne Singer King's Cross, WC1X
- Harriet Swift-Marshall Devizes, SN10
- Rachel Preece Earl's Court, W14
- Martin Thomasson Whittle-le-Woods, PR6
- Fiona Battisby Henbury, BS10
- Dan Wheeler Battersea, SW11
- Michael Park Motspur Park, KT3
- Ian Sanders Glemsford, CO10
- Helen Hendrickson Elocution Spital, B79
- Maureen Theaker Bushbury, WV1
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Public Speaking
- Personal Message
- I am a very experienced tutor of dramatic writing (in all media), philosophy, English and English literature. I am enthusiastic about sharing my knowledge and helping you to maximise your potential.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I currently tutor online through Skype, email and email attachment. I can usually send feedback within 48 hours of receipt.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach creative writing (drama), English GCSE, English literature and Philosophy. I am also happy to help (via Skype) students from other parts of the country or overseas students wishing to improve their English for university studies.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA (hons) English Literature and Philosophy) First class honours.
MA (philosophy) University of Kansas
MA (TV and Radio Scriptwriting) Salford.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have over twenty years experience as a university lecturer, teaching creative writing, screenwriting, English literature and philosophy. I have also run workshops for local government, schools and theatre. I am a reader for North West Playwrights and an adjudicator for Manchester's annual 24/7 play festival. I am also an award-winning playwright. I am a regular reviewer for the British Theatre Guide (http://www.britishtheatreguide.info). I also published two e-books: Under Milk Wood: Compiled Notes Complete Edition and An Inspector Calls: A TusiNotes Gradebooster Guide.
I have experience tutoring students from age 14 up to final year undergraduates.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 per hour, plus £5 per hour travel time (no travel charge for students within a ten mile radius).
- Where do you teach?
- Teaching in my own home is generally practical (parents/chaperones welcome).
I'm quite happy to work with students in their homes, as well as meeting in (suitable) public places (e.g. libraries or cafes).
I also offer online tutorials via Skype and email.
- When are you available?
- I can be available most days, Monday to Friday, but prior arrangement is always required. I also offer online tutoring - Skype - from morning to evening, whenever mutually convenient.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am happy to tutor committed students from 12 years old upwards (i.e. from GCSE preparation to post-graduate level).
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, A Level, BA, MA
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Enhanced DBS clearance issued 12th June 2013.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- National Association for Writers in Education (NAWE)
- Where and with whom did you train?
- The University of Bolton.
The University of Kansas.
The University of Salford.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- George - studying for English and English Literature GCSE.
Hamdi - studying for English GCSE.
Oliwia (whom I helped with applications to UK universities) - now having Skype tutorials to improve her spoken and written English whiles studying at film school.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I offer a personal tutoring service tailored to your individual needs. I aim to make the learning experience interactive and enjoyable. I am committed to helping you reach the next level and attain your learning goals.
Send a message to Martin Thomasson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more