Online Public Speaking Tutors / Public Speaking Tuition
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- Helen Hendrickson Elocution Central Birmingham, B1
- Joanna Gray Elstow and Stewartby, MK42
- Dan Wheeler Battersea, SW11
- Daniel Hart West End, W1W
- Emma-Louise Tinniswood West Twickenham, TW2
- Jay London Colney, WD7
- Andy Collins Deerness, DH7
- Pimmi Pande Nunhead, SE4
- Hannah Robson Tooting, SW17
- Janette Sedgebeer Sydenham, SE26
- James Gregory Speech/Elocution Armitage, WS15
- Izo FitzRoy Hammersmith, W6
- Dr Kiran Kamat Northfield, W5
- Joseph Wilkins Southfields, SW18
- Ric Morris Hove, BN3
- Marianne Samuels Bramcote, NG9
- Lindsey Pearson Northfield, TW8
- Pauline Midwinter Beccles, NR34
- Marie-Louise Goode Sutton Coldfield, B74
- Leon Trayman Walthamstow, E17
- Karon Rickatson Derwent, YO41
- Candy Leamington Spa, CV31
- Christine Leigh Milburn North Greenwich, SE7
- Pam Williams Brixton, SW9
- Ian Sanders Glemsford, CO10
- LHanna Finchley Central, N3
- Emmanuel Vass Davenport, SK2
- Gabrielle Jourdan Chalk Farm, NW1
- Michael Park Motspur Park, KT3
- Michael Hill Bloomsbury, WC1B
- Lynn Edmonstone Bayswater, W11
- Martin Thomasson Whittle-le-Woods, PR6
- Dr Robin Wooldridge Edgbaston, B29
- Rachel Preece Earl's Court, W14
- Josephine Breese Clerkenwell, EC1V
- Fiona Battisby Henbury, BS10
- Nathan Williams Central Bristol, BS8
- Harriet Swift-Marshall Devizes, SN10
- Maureen Theaker Bushbury, WV1
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Public Speaking
- Personal Message
- I'm Michael, your Authorised Complete Vocal Technique Teacher in Central London. Get the sound YOU want, in a healthy way.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- All you need is Skype or Google Hangouts and a good internet connection.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I work with singers, actors, public speakers and anyone who wants to develop their voice in a healthy way.
Whether your aim is to sing a song for the first time, gain a more powerful singing or speaking voice, perfect an accent, overcome voice problems or nail that high note with confidence for your next big performance, I'm here to help!
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have Authorised Teacher status from Complete Vocal Institute in Copenhagen, Europe's pioneering voice research institute. (www.completevocalinstitute.com)
Complete Vocal Technique is backed by ENT doctors and the British Voice Association and current research is being conducted in collaboration with Dr Julian McGlashan, Laryngologist and Head & Neck Surgeon from the Queen’s Medical Centre Campus at Nottingham University Hospitals.
With Complete Vocal Technique, there are no limits: you can make the sounds you want in a healthy way, free of stylistic or artistic bias from the teacher. I will provide you with the means to help you achieve your vocal goals, showing you all the things you CAN do with your voice. All styles are valuable and together, we'll find the tools that work for your voice!
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have extensive experience working with a range of professional and amateur actors and singers of all ages, as well as public speakers and businesses. Current projects include collaborations with The Actors Centre London, The Edinburgh Festival Theatre, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists. I also coach privately a number of singers and actors with major screen and stage credits, from HBO's Game of Thrones, to the National Theatre.
As a performer, I have sung with the innovative voice group, 'London Contemporary Voices' and I perform as part of the Scots Gaelic traditional duo 'Sallan'. I am also a freelance Arts Correspondent for the BBC. I am therefore also happy to help students with speaking and presentation skills.
Additionally, I am a fluent Gaelic speaker and am happy to receive enquiries about Gaelic language lessons.
- How much do you charge?
- Lessons are £50 for 1 hour.
I offer block booking discounts. If you book 5 lessons, the 6th is free.
I am also happy to provide Skype lessons.
I can travel for students, provided additional travel costs are covered.
- Where do you teach?
- I work from my home studio in Bloomsbury, Central London, very close to Holborn and Tottenham Court Road underground stations.
I am happy to travel to much of Greater London and the South East, provided additional travel costs are covered by the student.
I regularly teach in Glasgow and Edinburgh, providing workshops and solo lessons with theatres and music schools, so if you are Scotland-based, do get in touch to discuss availability.
- When are you available?
- Daytime, evening and weekend slots are possible. Get in touch to discuss what works for you.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach everyone from age 16 to 116 :)
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can help with acting, singing and performance auditions for colleges, conservatoires and universities. I can also help you prepare for professional acting and singing auditions.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Happy to provide a DBS Certificate on request.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of:
The Musician's Union;
The British Voice Association; and
The Association of Teachers of Singing.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Here are some testimonials from current students:
Michael is a truly inspiring teacher who has a passion for music which is contagious. He has a remarkable musical versatility and a feel for all genres. I always come away from lessons feeling elated about my singing and looking forward to practising hard for the next lesson. I came to him a year ago as a complete beginner with a love of singing but with no idea about how the voice worked and so painfully aware of my 'shortcomings' that I was too inhibited about singing in front of an audience. He addressed my particular needs sensitively and supported me through a very difficult few months when I often felt like giving up. And am I glad I didn't! I can now feel my voice improving and the ability to express the emotion I feel through singing is a tremendous relief and joy after all these years of frustration.Not only has Michael sound technical expertise but he really understands about singing and is able to pin point any particular problem or issue and to have a solution for it. I have now sung twice in public and look forward to going from strength to strength.I have found the perfect vocal coach.
As a classically trained singer it was fascinating to learn more about CVT. I left the workshop feeling that I had gained a fresh perspective on my voice and technique and I would certainly recommend these workshops for anyone who uses their voice professionally."
I needed to work on a very specific accent and within the hour I got it. Have a bag of tools I can use on an accent that is tricky. Cannot recommend highly enough.
I was feeling quite self-conscious about how my voice sounded during presentations at work, leading me to seek Michael's help. Over just a few lessons, the pitch and tone of my voice have noticeably improved and I feel much more positive about my voice in general. I would certainly recommend Michael to individuals in my situation - he combines tailored practical tips with an impressive grasp of vocal theory, and is by far the best voice coach I have tried.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I look forward to helping you achieve your goals.
Send a message to Michael Hill
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more