Online Rock/Pop Guitar Teachers / Rock/Pop Guitar Lessons
- Mr Paul Reay BA Greenbank, L17
- Joshua Davenport Peckham, SE5
- Steven Llewellyn, Guitar tutor Stoke Newington, N16
- Nicholas Schlesinger Turnham Green, W3
- Tom Clegg Ilkley, LS29
- Phil Hodge Higham, TN9
- David Dove Congleton, CW12
- Tom Halpenny Ladbroke Grove, W10
- Peter Elliot Bushey, WD23
- Freddie Edwards Hampton, TW12
- Rob Guitar Forest Gate, E7
- Dom Martin Clerkenwell, N1
- Jack Lowe Central Sheffield, S11
- Emilio Saev Ascot and Cheapside, SL4
- Daniel Hart Notting Hill, W2
- Stefan Joubert Spitalfields, E1
- Dan Joseph Teddington, TW11
- Antonis Mikelis Edmonton, N9
- Leo Crossfield Ramsey, PE26
- Dave J Ford Almond, KY14
- Ridgestone Guitar Tuition Rochester, ME1
- Thomas Kay Seven Sisters, N15
- Joel Sopel Golders Green, NW11
- Dan Ezard Chiswick, W4
- Juan Carlos Arenas, MMus Ingatestone, CM40
- Marco Cirillo St John's Wood, NW67
- Josh Geffin Clapton, E5
- Tom Fleming Bloomsbury, NW1
- Cian O'Brien BMus (Honours) Ealing Broadway, W5
- Adam Purnell Saltford, BS31
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Rock/Pop Guitar
- Personal Message
- I have a passion for music and music education. Whether you are studying for exams or if you just want to learn all your favourite songs, I can provide tailored lessons to suit you.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Skype - phil_jh
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I mainly teach rock and popular music but I also teach acoustic, blues, jazz, sight reading, music theory and many other subjects.
I have the facilities to create training materials such as guitar tabs, sheet music, chord/scale diagrams and backing tracks etc to cater for all learning types. I can also record audio tracks of the student so they have the opportunity to analyze their own playing. This is a useful tool to determine a student’s improvement over time and also provides them with something to take home to show their friends and family.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- 1st Class Degree in Popular Music (BA Hons)
Rockschool Teaching Diploma (DipRSL)
Grade 8 Guitar
Grade 8 Music Theory
Grade 5 Piano
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been playing guitar for 12 years. I studied music for 5 years at West Kent College/University of Kent and have gained experience in playing many different genres of music. During my degree I also completed a teaching diploma in music and gained experience teaching students, some of which have learning difficulties.
I currently play bass guitar for The Alex Beharrell Band (recordings can be found at www.thealexBband.com)
- How much do you charge?
- £15 per half an hour
£25 per hour
I can do groups of 2 or more for £10 per 30 mins and £18 per 60 mins for each student. Group prices of 3 or more can be negotiable.
**FIRST LESSON HALF PRICE**
**Further discounts available – please ask for details**
- Where do you teach?
- Tonbridge/Tunbridge Wells area.
- When are you available?
- I teach during the day and evenings Monday to Friday, I can also teach Saturday mornings up to 12pm if required.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Beginner to intermediate, all ages are welcome.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I offer tuition leading to RGT and Rockschool grade examinations.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I will soon be registering with The Registry of Guitar Tutors and the Musician's Union.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- University of Kent
Send a message to Phil Hodge
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more