Sibelius Tuition in East Cheshire (including Crewe, Macclesfield & Wilmslow)
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Cheshire East
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Cheshire East
- Rachel Taverner BMus(Hons)LRSM Central Manchester, M4
Interested in online tuition for Sibelius?Online Sibelius Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Sibelius
- Personal Message
- Music lessons of any kind can advance your child's development, whilst for the adults out there - it's never too late to learn! I teach over 50 pupils weekly and have extensive experience alongside well practiced and creative teaching methods.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach piano primarily and will also teach the recorder, this leads to other avenues such as: Music Theory, Chamber Music, GCSE and A Level Music, Musicianship lessons along with some composition and lessons on the use of Sibelius.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BMus (Hons) Piano Performance
DipABRSM with Distinction in Instrumental Teaching (piano specialism)
LRSM in Piano Performance
A Level Music - A
Grade 8 Piano - Distinction
Grade 8 Music Theory
NSPCC Child Protection Awareness in Music
As well as my private teaching and accompaniment work I also work at/for:
Belvedere Preparatory School as their piano teacher and accompanist.
Rimmer's Music as a piano teacher in their Bury studios.
Knutsford Catenian Choir as their accompanist.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught many pupils music theory and piano privately for three years. I teach pupils both for fun and for working through the music exam system. I have had a 100% success rate with my pupils in ABRSM exams, all gaining high marks and now enter roughly 5 pupils per exam term to sit both performance and theory exams. I currently teach around 50-60 pupils weekly.
I passed the highly regarded DipABRSM in piano teaching with Distinction in 2014 and I now plan to sit the LRSM in teaching to keep up to date with current teaching methods and always provide new and exciting methods in my lessons. My degree also includes an intensive teaching course which involves teaching pupils with guidance from renowned tutors at the Royal Northern College of Music and various CT ABRSM tutors for which I received a first class mark.
Whether to learn a new skill, be able to de-stress by playing yourself some relaxing music or working through an exam system as both a child or adult I will teach you with a clear method and plan so you can reach you goals whilst enjoying yourself.
- How much do you charge?
- £30 p/h for Piano Lessons, £24 for 45 mins, £18 for 30 mins (shorter lessons recommended for younger pupils)
£30 p/h for all academic based lessons. (I would recommend hour long lessons)
I do charge reasonable travel fees if necessary.
- Where do you teach?
- I live in the city centre of Manchester, M4 in the green quarter if you wish to travel to me for lessons where you will be able to learn on a brand new Yamaha upright piano - a rarity in a top floor city centre apartment!
Otherwise I have brilliant transport links if you wish for me travel to you. I am willing to travel to anywhere in Stockport, Chorlton, Cheadle Hulme, Gatley, Heald Green, Moston, Heaton Chapel etc and even out to Alderly Edge and Wilmslow if this can be combined with my current students. If your town isn't mentioned then just drop me a message about where you live and I will get back to you.
- When are you available?
- I travel on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. The day I can travel to you depends upon where else I am teaching on that evening and how long it will take to reach you so there may need to be some flexibility on the times and days you wish for.
I sometimes acquire small waiting lists for people needing specific times so do contact me if you wish to request a time. I will teach through holidays if required though this is up to the pupil.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages, beginners onwards!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM prep test/grades/diplomas in performance or theory, though grades are not essential and I am perfectly willing to teach for the pupils enjoyment solely, or specific pieces they may want to learn.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I hold an enhanced DBS dating from 2015.
I have also completed the NSPCC Child Protection and Awareness in Music course.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Pre University Education:
Mrs Kathleen Buckley CT ABRSM
Mrs Helen Lockhart BMus (Hons)
Mrs Sally Ann Macleod PPRNCM
Aside from this main tuition I have had lessons and masterclasses with renowned pianists Philippe Cassard, Stefano Fuizzi, Paul Roberts, Paul Janes and Jin Ju.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have helped many pupils enter ABRSM exams, all of whom came out with top results. Around a third of my pupils are not concerned with exams and play purely for their own enjoyment. I also have many adult students who I encourage to learn to play anything they dreamed of playing, the purpose is to pursue your musical dream. Some adults also take ABRSM exams for their own sense of personal achievement, something I highly encourage.
I currently have students ranging from complete beginner (both adults and children) to grade 8. The current age range of my pupils begins at 3 and goes beyond 70!
I encourage all my pupils to work hard towards their common passion - which is ultimately to make music! From their dedication and passion coupled with my help, guidance and material they gain the results they wish for.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Music isn't at all about grades and exams, this is just for short term goals - it's about personal enjoyment, development, fun and creativity!
Contact me today to start your musical journey!
Send a message to Rachel Taverner BMus(Hons)LRSM
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more