Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tuition in Westminster (Bayswater, Marylebone, Belgravia and Maida Vale)
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Westminster
- Chris Battle BSc PGCE West End, W1G
Tutors travelling to Westminster
- Serena Penn, WV4
- Trish Almlof Wimbledon, SW20
- Pass Psychology Offerton, SK2
- Rebecca Felton Balham, SW4
- Joanne Bicknell Thorpe, SS1
- Janet Eifridt Redhill, RH1
- Jacqueline Anderson Oscott, B42
- Somalia Seaton Downham, SE6
- Jim Cooney Cockett, SA2
- Dyslexia Success Bletchley, MK6
- Judith Brennan Annfield Plain, DH9
- MEMOONA (MSc) Kingsbury Green, NW9
- Tim Clark Cambridge, CB4
- Janette Sedgebeer Sydenham, SE26
- Michelle C Gibson Tettenhall, WV6
- Silvina83 Charing, ME13
- Janito Central Stockport, SK6
- David Evans Purley, CR8
- Becky Heavitree, EX2
- Sara Sewell Paddox, CV22
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Doug Thames Ditton, KT7
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Personal Message
- Chris Battle has extensive experience helping students prepare for high-stakes exams using NLP hypnotherapy. A qualified and experienced professional, he currently has a private educational therapy practice at Harley Street, London.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- My experience as an educational therapist and teacher will help your child be confident in exams and improve their memory.
Does your child start to panic at the first mention of exams? Then you are not alone. Exam nerves and stress happen to most of us. The right amount of stress can motivate us and keep us focused. Too much stress and anxiety and we lose focus on the important things, and our imagination and negative automatic thoughts take over. We start to panic and catastrophise.
NLP hypnotherapy can teach invaluable techniques to improve your memory, revision skills and most importantly to help your child feel confident within themselves that they can recall the information needed at the right time. Clients report that it’s the worry of their mind going blank at that vital moment that causes their anxiety. Exam success depends as much on your state of mind, as it does on your academic ability.
Hypnotherapy can help your child walk into that examination room calm, confident and focused every time. With the use of a gentle but deep relaxation, the subconscious mind will accept positive suggestions that will help your child strengthen their memory, increase confidence and change the way they think and behave for the better. A relaxed mind is a confident mind that will remember and recall information when needed, leading to exam success.
Would you like your child to be that calm, confident, successful person?
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Registered with the Department for Education as a qualified teacher since 2005, I work as a teacher and tutor of science in addition to mu practice as an educational therapist. Clients can be confident that they are engaging the services of a qualified, experienced professional
Awarded BSc Honours degree in Combined Sciences from University College London (2004), Postgraduate Certificate in Education - Secondary Science from Roehampton University (2005), and Postgraduate Diploma in Medicine, Science & Society from Birkbeck, University of London (2014)
Licensed Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming since 2012
Experience of using NLP hypnotherapy techniques with hundreds of students
- What kind of experience do you have?
- While working as a teacher and tutor, I saw the need to learn new skills to help students achieve their potential. I bean my study of NLP hypnotherapy in 2007, and soon integrated the techniques learned into tutorial sessions with students.
Again and again, I had clients who experienced the same problem: the student learned the material to a high standard, on practice papers they could consistently achieve 'A' grades, and then in the real exams their nerves were so bad they would achieve up to two grades less. For many GCSE and A level students, this had huge consequences on their futures; university course choices were more limited and career prospects too were affected. As a teacher, I started out focusing on raising the knowledge, understanding and exam technique of the student. Eventually, I have come to realise that a huge amount of underachievement occurs because of stress and anxiety - this is the problem that ExamSuccessHypno is designed to help.
I have developed and refined a number of techniques of educational therapy after studying Neuro-Linguistic Programming to Master Practitioner level with Dr Richard Bandler, joint founder of NLP and teacher to Paul McKenna.
Here are some details about students I have helped prepare for exams in the last few years:
Year 13, Royal Latin School: A level maths
Year 12, Dame Alice Harpur School: A level physics, chemistry & maths
Year 13, Stratton Upper School: A level physics & maths
Year 13, Bedford School: A level maths
Year 13, Stantonbury Campus: A level maths & chemistry
Year 13, Oakgrove School: A level chemistry
Year 12, Bedford High School for Girls: A level biology
Year 13, Wootton Upper School: A level chemistry
Year 13, Wootton Upper School: A level physics
Year 13, Sharnbrook Upper School: A level maths
Year 5, Bedford School: Key Stage 2 English
Year 13, The Knights Templar School: A level physics, chemistry & maths
Year 9, Bedford School: GCSE maths & sciences
Year 11, Dame Alice Harpur School: GCSE maths & sciences
Year 13, Bedford School: A level chemistry & maths
Year 13, Bedford High School for Girls: A level physics
Year 11, Bedford Modern School: GCSE sciences & maths
Year 12, Bedford Modern School: A level maths
Year 11, Sharnbrook Upper School: GCSE sciences & maths
Year 8, Bedford High School for Girls: Key Stage 3 English & sciences
Year 9, Mark Rutherford Upper School: Key Stage 3 English & maths
Year 6, Bedford Modern School: Key Stage 2 English
Year 13, Oundle School: A level chemistry
Year 11, Oundle School: GCSE maths & sciences
Year 8, Bedford Girls' School: Key Stage 3 maths and sciences
Year 11, Bedford Modern School: GCSE sciences & maths
Year 11, Bedford School: GCSE sciences & maths
Year 12, Sharnbrook Upper School: A level physics & maths
Year 13, Bedford Girls' School: A level maths & chemistry
Year 13, Bedford Girls' School: IB maths (standard level) & chemistry (higher level)
Year 13; Bedford Girls' School: IB maths (standard level)
Year 12, Bedford Modern School: A level maths, physics & chemistry
- How much do you charge?
- 2014/15 Fees for NLP Hypnotherapy (Harley Street)
> Individual session 'pay as you go' rate - £145.00 per session (one hour)
> Extra Value Triple Session Package - (Pay for 3 one-hour sessions of NLP hypnotherapy up front) - £360.00
(Equivalent to a fee rate of £120.00 per session)
> Remote hypnotherapy (via Skype) - £65.00 per session (one hour)
These premium fees reflect the track record of success I have helping students prepare for entry to some of the UK's top universities, as well as the very heavy demand for my services. I encourage potential clients to visit my LinkedIn profile for testimonial information; I am also regularly asked to provide references from past clients who can attest to my record as an educational therapist and exam success coach. Please just ask if you require more information.
For more information on fees, visit www.examsuccesshypno.org/5/Harley-Street-Clinic.html
- Where do you teach?
- Consultations for educational therapy take place at my private practice at 2 Harley Street, London W1G 9PA.
- When are you available?
- Consultations are normally arranged for Saturdays; the waiting list for aapointments is usually no longer than four to six weeks.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I mainly work with children of primary and secondary school age, as well as students preparing for university exams. In fact, there is no reason why NLP hypnotherapy can not help people of any age preparing for academic assessments.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, IGCSE, A LEVEL, International Baccalaureate, University Exams,
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- As with all professionals regularly working with young people, I possess a current Enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) Disclosure certificate, which is available for all clients to inspect.
Send a message to Chris Battle BSc PGCE
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more