Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tuition in Westminster (Bayswater, Marylebone, Belgravia and Maida Vale)
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Westminster
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Westminster
- Pass Psychology Offerton, SK2
- Trish Almlof Wimbledon, SW20
- Judith Brennan Annfield Plain, DH9
- Somalia Seaton Downham, SE6
- Doug Thames Ditton, KT7
- Rebecca Felton Balham, SW4
- Janette Sedgebeer Sydenham, SE26
- Michelle C Gibson Tettenhall, WV6
- Becky Heavitree, EX2
- Jacqueline Anderson Oscott, B42
- Joanne Bicknell Thorpe, SS1
- Janet Eifridt Redhill, RH1
- Stephanie Martin Highbury, N5
- Dyslexia Success Bletchley, MK6
- Dr. Atul Rana Hoxton, N1
- Tim Clark Central Sheffield, S10
- Serena Penn, WV4
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Mrs Rehana Goodmayes, IG3
- Jim Cooney Cockett, SA2
- David Evans Purley, CR8
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Personal Message
- I have a lot of experience and success in working with individual students to raise their literacy and English levels. I am adept at developing students' self- esteem and their ability to overcome barriers to learning.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I am a dyslexia specialist and have extensive experience of working with students with Special Educational Needs, including those with a Statement. I work with all ages - primary, secondary, university students and adults, teaching all aspects of literacy ( reading, spelling, writing skills, handwriting, grammar, study-skills). I teach English up to GCSE level, English as a Foreign Language, and writing, editing and redrafting skills.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Fine Art degree, a post-graduate teaching qualification, and an OCR Certificate in Specific Learning Difficulties from UCL. I have attended many short courses, for example, on Speech and Language Skills, Memory Skills, Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, and other SEN specialisms. I have Chartered London Teacher status.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have many years experience working as a SEND/ English teacher within the state sector, with individual students, small groups and whole classes. I have worked extensively with students with a Statement of Special Educational Needs and those with English as a Foreign Language. I teach both primary and secondary age students. I worked for several years as an Individual Support Teacher and Home Tutor for the boroughs of Camden and Islington. I have run short courses in writing skills and grammar for adults and have taught Art and Citizenship in schools. I am an artist, a prize-winning poet with four published poetry collections, a reviewer, and an editor of a highly regarded poetry journal. I am a reader for The Literary Consultancy. I teach for The Poetry School and run poetry workshops.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £120 for a Literacy Assessment (reading, writing, spelling, phonics, comprehension) which includes one hour with the student and a written report. I charge £40 for individual sessions of 1 hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I live in Camden, North London ( NW5) close to Tufnell Park underground, and teach students in my home. I am willing to travel short distances.
- When are you available?
- I am available most evenings from 3.30 pm, plus some mornings and weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages - primary, secondary, university students, and adults.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Entry Level English, GCSE English.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Proof reading and advice on essay writing skills via text document and comments.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- University College, London
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am working with, among others, a GCSE student with English as a second language, a dyslexic year 9 student, a 5 year old with speech and language needs, and a university Criminology student with dyslexia.
Send a message to Linda Black
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more