- Going from no confidence to A* in four days
- The Importance of Studying a Language
- Transition from GCSE to AS level French
To become a successful linguist at Advanced level you will need to be prepared to develop these important key skills during your new course:
- acting - answer questions in the foreign language even if you aren't sure about all the vocabulary or grammar! Have a go!
- experimenting - be willing to try out newly acquired vocabulary and phrases
- guessing - look for vocabulary clues in texts and exercises
- communicating - volunteer answers / volunteer to do presentations
- organising - look for patterns in the language, arrange your work in a clear, organised way
- absorbing - soak up cultural differences, intonations, gestures...
- and above all show your enthusiasm and enjoy your learning!