- How to increase exposure to a foreign language
- 6 Tips for Learning a Foreign Language
- Le Portable (a play I wrote)
- Learning a language by listening to audiobooks
- What a Foreign Language Can do for Your Career
While I was doing my PGCE, a lot of the pupils I was teaching kept asking me why they had to learn another language. Having grown up in a bilingual family, speaking two languages has always been normal for me. So I looked into it and was amazed by the findings which i eagerly shared with them.
Speaking or learning a foreign language gives your brain a good workout. It’s hard to believe now, but there was a time when raising children in a bilingual home was believed to hinder their intellectual growth. Experts thought their brains would become confused and that it might even contribute to schizophrenia or split identities.
But thankfully times have changed. Studies now show that learning another language is one of the most effective and practical ways to increase intelligence,keep your mind sharp, and buffer your brain against ageing.