Find UK Tuition
Maths Tuition in Ilford, Essex
- Gants Hill (IG2) View on map
- Last Logged In: 05 Nov 2014
- Sex: Female
- Can Travel To: Barking and Dagenham, Epping Forest, Havering, Newham, Waltham Forest
This tutor is temporarily unavailable
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- Mathematics to me is a very unique and special subject. As a tutor I make it my sole aim to help the student understand and appreciate the immaculate art of mathematics.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Mathematics at GCSE level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BSci Honours in Pure Mathematics. Further to that, I have three A Levels and 10 GCSE's as well as professional banking qualifications which I have completed post university.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have four years professional one to one tutoring experience. In the past I have successfully tutored family and friends who have achieved grade A*/A at GCSE Maths.
- How much do you charge?
- I currently charge £25 per hour for maths tuition on a one to one basis. I will only charge an extra £5 if the distance travelled is more than three miles.
- Where do you teach?
- I can either travel to the students house or have students visit me at my house. I live alone in a flat which is very quiet and therefore an ideal environment to concentrate.
- When are you available?
- I am free to teach during evenings and weekends. For late evening times I would be prepared to teach at a latest time of 9:00pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I currently teach Mathematics at GCSE level. This applies to all major exam boards such as OCR, AQA, Edexcel. I would be willing to teach students of all ages at this qualification level and prior.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE Mathematics and anything leading up to this.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- My preferred method for online tutoring would be for the student to scan in and send any maths problems they are struggling with to my email address clearly showing their current working so far. This is so I can see exactly where the student got stuck. I will then reply via email showing clearly a detailed approach to solving the problem. However, I am open to any other suggestions students may have as to their preferred way of online tutoring.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have been teaching a few of my students since year 8 and they have shown a drastic improvement in Mathematics. I had two students last year that completed their GCSE Exams and obtained a grade A.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- As both a professional tutor and a recent graduate, I believe I am in the best position to understand what it is like to study for important exams whilst still at school. It can prove to be a difficult experience at times, especially when approaching the final exams. However, I also believe that with the regular teaching and practise that I provide, I can certainly make the experience of preparing for the maths exam a much less scary one! I am a friendly, enthusiastic and patient individual who will be willing to work with you, provided you are willing to work alongside me in order to achieve the highest of grades in your final maths exam.
Mathematics has always been a traditional subject that is valued highly within educational institutions as well as professional working environments. I believe it to be a subject that will never lose its appeal and prestige because of the skills and understanding that can be gained from studying such a subject. The study of mathematics helps an...
Here are some other tutors that you may also be interested in: