Find UK Tuition
Alla Norrie - Piano Teacher in Central Edinburgh
- Music College Degree in Piano Performance and Teaching, Moldova
- PVG Scotland
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- My piano teaching methods are shaped by the idea that the acquisition of piano techniques should be understood within the artistic content of music and arise from the mood of play and the 'musical painting' of the piece.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Piano.
I always incorporate elements of music theory in my piano lessons.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Degree in Piano Performance and Piano Teaching, Music College, Moldova (former USSR)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have a considerable experience as a professional piano teacher in Scotland and Moldova which includes 17 years of teaching experience in a specialist music school. I teach pupils of a variety of ages and abilities whether they are preparing for exams/ auditions or just wanting to play the piano as a hobby. I teach complete beginners as well as experienced piano players.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £26 p/h for beginners - Grade 5 level, £30 p/h for Grade 6-Diploma level and £20 for 45 min lesson.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my flat which is in a central location or occasionally in students' home if they are within a short walking distance.
- When are you available?
- I am available at weekends and early evenings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach piano from age 6 upwards to ABRSM Grade 8 Level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM Examinations Level 1-8, for school music exams, College and University auditions.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- A full Scottish PVG Disclosure.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Musicians Union.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Stefan Neaga Specialist Music School Moldova (former USSR)
Stefan Neaga Music College Moldova (former USSR)
The training was based on Russian School of Piano Playing
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Some of my current students are preparing for ABRSM exams and Edinburgh Competition Festival. Some pupils are not studying for a specific exam as they want to play the piano as a hobby.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Through my considerable experience of teaching the piano I always use an approach based on the notion that playing any musical instrument is a creative process. To me the technical skills of playing music are not abstract in nature as they have a concrete purpose - to express the meaning of music and the realization of artistic content, which requires a unity of feeling, thought, and pianistic skills. I wish all my current and prospective students every success on their piano learning journey!
Send a message to Alla Norrie
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
The piano sound is very rich. It has a broad dynamic range and many colourful registers. The piano can imitate other musical instruments and has an enormous capacity to perform in orchestral plays, operatic overtures and symphonies. Furthermore, the piano has an additional means of expressiveness – the pedal. Mastery of sound is the most...
Browse other tutors below who provide Piano Lessons, and related subjects: