Find UK Tuition
Piano and Cello Teacher
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- Music lessons can be an incredibly fun and rewarding experience, whatever your age and ability. My lessons are always tailored towards your goals and I will patiently help you to achieve your musical aspirations whatever they may be!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Piano and Cello at all levels. Cello pupils should have access to their own instrument (can be hired, and I can help with this if need be). I also teach Music Theory and Musicianship, whether studying for exams or just as a top-up alongside learning an instrument.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Bachelor of Music (BMus). I am just about to complete an MA at the Royal Academy of Music in Piano.
LRAM - Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Music Teaching qualification.
Distinction in all ABRSM grades on both piano and cello.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching for several years with 100% pupil pass rate in ABRSM exams. I also teach those who do not wish to take exams but play just for fun. Of my younger pupils, I currently have students from several of London's top schools, including students from St. Pauls, Lady Eleanor Holles School, Francis Holland and St. James's.
I have a lot of performance experience as both a soloist and ensemble musician, having attended the Royal Academy of Music as an ensemble pianist and the Purcell School of Music as a scholar (www.purcell-school.org) and the Royal College of Music Junior Department. Highlights include playing solo piano at Buckingham Palace and orchestral tours to Europe and the Far East. I have also played in all of the major London venues and have been taught by some of the most highly-regarded musicians (see below).
I worked at Wells Cathedral School (one of 4 specialist music schools in the UK) from 2004-2005 where I gained much experience in supervising students with practice and music exam preparation. I have also tutored on many Education Outreach projects with my quartet, where we conducted workshops and masterclasses in schools across the country.
- How much do you charge?
- Lessons are £25\30 (cello/piano) per hour. If you require a shorter lesson please contact me.
- Where do you teach?
- Lessons are available at either of my bases in SW7 (Gloucester Road, South Kensington) or W14 (West Kensington) where I am walking distance from Earl's Court and High Street Kensington. I am also very happy to teach in the comfort of your own home.
- When are you available?
- I am very flexible, and am used to fitting in with considerations such as holiday plans or more frequent lessons leading up to an exam. Please contact me with when would suit you best; I encourage weekly sessions to get the most out of the lessons and give the pupil enough time to practise, but this is also something I can tailor to your needs.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have experience teaching all levels and ages (including mature students) – beginners are just as welcome as advanced players!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- all ABRSM grade examinations in both practical and musicianship.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a CRB certificate from my previous job at a school.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- - Michael Dussek (Professor at Royal Academy of Music) 2011
- Tessa Nicholson (Professor at the Royal Academy of Music and Purcell School of Music) from 2005-2008.
- James Gibb (ex head of Keyboard at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama) from 2002-2004.
- Pal Banda (ex Gabrieli Quartet cellist and Purcell School) 2002-2004.
- Jenny Stern at the Royal College of Music Junior Department (1995-2002).
Send a message to Anna Suling King
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
It is imperative that students have the right instrument to play/practice on. Finding a suitable instrument can be quite a daunting task so here are a couple of websites I recommend that go over the essential basics when choosing an instrument. As a general rule - never buy the first thing you see! Spend time comparing as many...
Here are some other tutors that you may also be interested in:
- Lynne Bulmer - Flute Teacher
- Nicholas Scott - Piano Teacher
- Benjamin Lee - Piano Teacher
- Jenny Crapper - Vocal Coaching Tutor
- Bridget Kelly - Piano Teacher
- Grainne Rooney - Flute Teacher
- Katrina Hadland - Piano Teacher
- Rona McIntosh - Piano Teacher
- Ginny Wilson - Classical Singing Teacher
- Susan Matasovska - Violin Teacher