Find UK Tuition
Art Lessons with an Art Tutor, East Grinstead, Sussex
- First Class BA (Hons) Fine Art
- IfL (Institute for Learning)
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I tutor KS2 (ages 7-11), KS3 (ages 11-14), GCSE, A-Level, or painting and drawing for adult learners. I am in East Grinstead, but can visit Dormans, Lingfield, Hurst Green, Oxted, Croydon & London. 1ST LESSON 1/2 PRICE (Visiting Students).
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach oil painting, acrylic painting, pencil drawing and charcoal drawing across a wide range of subjects. This can be within the framework of Key Stage 2 (primary), Key Stage 3 (lower secondary), GCSE coursework, A level coursework, Degree or Adult Education / Hobby. I am also able to give help with project work, portfolio building, developing ideas, essay writing, research and art history. I offer well-structured one-to-one courses as well as individually tailored programs of tuition - this not only makes the lessons well planned, but enables the student / parent to envision what the lesson will include and how much time will be involved. This also gives the opportunity to greatly reduce hourly costs by paying for the needed hours in advance at a discounted rate.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a First Class Honours Degree in Fine Art.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been tutoring on a one-to-one basis since 2005, teaching a wide range of people of various backgrounds, interests and levels. I also run a painting course for experienced painters at my local college and also have experience in running a life drawing course. I also have additional experience as a trained and practicing phonics tutor for both children and adults.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £35 per hour for adult learners, A-Level & Degree levels. For KS3 (lower secondary) & GCSE I charge £30 per hour. For KS2 I charge £25 per hour. I also give discounts for hours paid in advance (please visit website for full details). Lessons can be paid for by cash, cheque, credit or debit card. FIRST LESSON IS HALF PRICE (students visiting me).
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach at my home studio in East Grinstead. I welcome students from all areas. I also offer home tuition within East Grinstead, Dormans, Lingfield, Hirst Green and Oxted.
- When are you available?
- I am available weekdays, evenings and weekends, depending upon current bookings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I cater for KS2 (primary), KS3 (lower secondary), GCSE, A-level and Degree as well as Adult Education / Hobby at all levels from absolute beginner to advanced. If tutoring students younger than 16 from my home studio space I require that the parent / guardian stay throughout the lesson per advice / guidelines provided by The Tutor Pages.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, A Level and Degree Art
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- My last CRB check was carried out in 2005, but I have been in continuous employment within a school and then a tutoring centre since that time.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am able to provide tutorials via email for oil painting and pencil / charcoal drawing
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am registered with IfL (Institute for Learning).
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I completed my degree at the University of Sunderland.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My students currently range in age from 5 to 50+.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- One-to-one tuition is a very effective way to develop your artistic skills. Whether it be a personal hobby or for an art qualification such as GCSE, A-level or Degree, learn step by step and take your art work to an entirely new level.
Send a message to Sonny Williams
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
Many parents now home school their children in the UK. If done correctly to include all of the needed teaching and social activities it can be very successful. And it can allow the freedom to focus upon subjects of particular interest. There are numerous organisations out there now who support home schooling by providing information, advice...
An essential ingredient of any art course is the artwork you produce. Most art courses these days place a lot of emphasis on your research and supporting information, which is valuable. But, what if you could really paint and draw? What if you could blow people away (including examiners) with great paintings or drawings? Surely this is...
As an artist, it is very valuable to be clear about your own ideas. Let's take painting as an example. Some ideas: what it is you want to paint, why you want to paint it, how you want the painting to look, what idea or feeling you want to get across, how you would like to present it to the world, etc. You must have some ideas about a...
Drawing is often used as a form of preparatory work to a painting, either in the form of sketches, finished drawings or initial drawings on canvas. Drawing is also a beautiful art form in itself. Drawing, however, also has great value in developing painting skills. It can build an awareness of structure, proportion, tone and composition, all...
File Size: 28.28KB
File Size: 60.83KB
File Size: 27.57KB
"Thank you, Sonny, for helping teach our son different aspects of painting and drawing for the last 4 years in which time Jay's work has developed and broadened enormously. He was able to include a couple of pieces he painted with you as part of his portfolio for a successful Art Scholarship to Charterhouse School and we are in no doubt of the valuable contribution you made in helping him obtain that award."
- Kim & Rudy Porter
Testimonials are provided by the tutor and are not verified by The Tutor Pages
Here are some other tutors that you may also be interested in: