Find UK Tuition
Art Lessons with an Art Tutor, East Grinstead, Sussex
Sonny Williams Gold Member
- East Grinstead (RH19) View on map
- Last Logged In: 12 Oct 2016
- Sex: Male
- Web site: www.sonnywilliams-artlessons.co.uk
- Can Travel To: City of London, Croydon, Hammersmith and Fulham, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Lambeth, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Wandsworth, Westminster
- First Class BA (Hons) Fine Art
- CRB checked in 2005, then I have been in continuous employment in a school then a tutoring centre since
- IfL (Institute for Learning)
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I take pleasure in helping both children and adults to develop their artwork and have a proven record of achieving outstanding results with my students, helping both GCSE and A Level students achieve A* grades.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach oil painting, acrylic painting, pencil drawing and charcoal drawing across a wide range of subjects. This can be within the framework of Key Stage 2 (primary), Key Stage 3 (lower secondary), GCSE coursework, A level coursework, Degree or Adult Education / Hobby. I am also able to give help with project work, portfolio building, developing ideas, essay writing, research and art history.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a First Class Honours Degree in Fine Art.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been tutoring on a one-to-one basis since 2005, teaching a wide range of people of various backgrounds, interests and levels. I also run a painting course for experienced painters at my local college and also have experience in running a life drawing course. I also have additional experience as a trained and practicing phonics tutor for both children and adults.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £35 per hour for adult learners, A-Level & Degree levels. For KS3 (lower secondary) & GCSE I charge £30 per hour. For KS2 (primary) I charge £25 per hour. I also give discounts for hours paid in advance (please visit website for full details). All lessons via Skype are £20 per hour. Lessons can be paid for by cash, cheque or credit / debit card (via online shop).
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach at my home studio in East Grinstead. I welcome students from all areas. I also offer home tuition within East Grinstead, Dormans, Lingfield, Hirst Green, Oxted, Croydon, Haywards Heath, Tunbridge Wells and any district of London accessible by underground. I can also tutor via Skype (I offer a free half hour consultation via Skype to begin with).
- When are you available?
- I am available weekdays, evenings and weekends, depending upon current bookings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I cater for KS2 (primary), KS3 (lower secondary), GCSE, A-level and Degree as well as Adult Education / Hobby at all levels from absolute beginner to advanced. If tutoring students younger than 16 from my home studio space I require that the parent / guardian stay throughout the lesson per advice / guidelines provided by The Tutor Pages.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, A Level and Degree Art
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- My last CRB check was carried out in 2005, but I have been in continuous employment within a school and then a tutoring centre since that time.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am able to provide tutorials via email for oil / acrylic painting and pencil / charcoal drawing
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am registered with IfL (Institute for Learning).
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I completed my degree at the University of Sunderland.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My students currently range in age from 7 to 50+.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- One-to-one tuition is a very effective way to develop your artistic skills. Whether it be a personal hobby or for an art qualification such as GCSE, A-level or Degree, learn step by step and take your art work to an entirely new level.
Send a message to Sonny Williams
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
This year I only tutored two students who were taking exams (most of my students are adult learners and a few younger children). One was taking GCSE Art and the other A Level Art. I was both proud and relieved to find out that they both achieved A*! The boy taking GCSE Art had been having lessons with me since he was 11 and he achieved...
The history of art is a huge subject and can seem overwhelming to many. However, like anything, taken one step at a time, at the correct level, real confidence and knowledge can build rapidly and studying the subject can become a very enjoyable and enriching experience. The history of art can be studied via books, lectures, films and of...
Many parents now home school their children in the UK. If done correctly to include all of the needed teaching and social activities it can be very successful. And it can allow the freedom to focus upon subjects of particular interest. There are numerous organisations out there now who support home schooling by providing information, advice...
As an artist, it is very valuable to be clear about your own ideas. Let's take painting as an example. Some ideas: what it is you want to paint, why you want to paint it, how you want the painting to look, what idea or feeling you want to get across, how you would like to present it to the world, etc. You must have some ideas about a...
File Size: 28.28KB
File Size: 60.83KB
File Size: 27.57KB
"Thank you, Sonny, for helping teach our son different aspects of painting and drawing for the last 4 years in which time Jay's work has developed and broadened enormously. He was able to include a couple of pieces he painted with you as part of his portfolio for a successful Art Scholarship to Charterhouse School and we are in no doubt of the valuable contribution you made in helping him obtain that award."
- K & R Porter
...I can't quite still believe it in my own mind, but I got an A* overall. It’s incredible how much my skill improved since AS and I really feel I took a huge leap between the two years. I have you to thank for that along with the support from my parents, that I really appreciate all the help and support that you gave me. I wouldn't have been able to make it into such a good university without your help! "
Testimonials are provided by the tutor and are not verified by The Tutor Pages