Find UK Tuition
Bethia Hourigan - Singing teacher, Piano teacher& Early Years Music in South East London
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I am a classically trained singer who is a dedicated teacher for all ages and abilities.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach singing for all ages and abilities.
I teach basic piano up to grade 3.
I also teach music theory and practical musicianship.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I am a graduate of Trinity College of Music, Greenwich where I completed a Masters of Music degree with Merit. Prior to this I received at BMus 2:1 from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. I have ABRSM Grade 8 singing, ABRSM grade 6 piano, ABRSM grade 5 Music theory and ABRSM grade 5 practical musicianship.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have experience of working with and teaching a range of ages and abilities, including individual tuition and music workshops. I have been teaching singing and piano lessons for 3 years. As well as teaching private lessons, I also teach singing in a secondary school.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25/hour, although a consultation lesson would be half price.
- Where do you teach?
- I am able to teach either in the students home or at my home in Blackheath. I live in London and am able to teach in all areas of London, especially Lewisham, Blackheath, Greenwich and South East London. I currently teach in Lewisham, Blackheath, Chislehurst, Bexleyheath and Canada Water.
- When are you available?
- I have a flexible timetable.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and abilities, from beginners to advanced.
I aim to help my students reach their potential whether for ABRSM exams or just for the enjoyment of singing.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an up to date CRB.
Send a message to Bethia Hourigan
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
Having recently completed a Creative education course, I have been made aware how important and useful music making is for the under 5s. Not only can they enjoy taught songs, but they have wonderful imaginations for creating music, which they are able to do both vocally and with percussion instruments. This form of musical improvisation can be...
Bethia is a brilliant teacher for a first time singer like me. Throughout my lessons; my range has widened, my voice can now produce quality sound, and my confidence and ability to express my natural musical nature has significantly increased.
My lessons with Bethia were great experiences and I would definitely recommend her if you ever want to explore your potential in singing.
- Zoe Gu
'Bethia has been teaching our two daughters piano for over a year. She’s our third piano teacher, I can happily state that she is by far the best teacher we’ve had. She got our daughter through her Grade 1 exam with flying colours. She’s obviously good with children as our girls have a renewed enthusiasm in their lessons and the girls progress is remarkable. We’ve recommended Bethia to friends who’ve been equally impressed and pleased with her teaching. A truly outstanding music teacher.
- Min Watkis
Testimonials are provided by the tutor and are not verified by The Tutor Pages
Here are some other tutors that you may also be interested in:
- Alyusha Chagrin - Jazz/ Pop Singing Teacher
- Portia Winters - Vocal Coaching Tutor
- Dan Keating-Roberts - Classical Singing Teacher
- Edward Bonner - Classical Singing Teacher
- Rosie Lomas BMus(Hons) - Classical Singing Teacher
- Lisa Angharad - Vocal Coaching Tutor
- Olesya Samuelsson - Russian Teacher
- Jamie Rock - Classical Singing Teacher
- Rob Eyles (Vocal Coach) - Vocal Coaching Tutor
- Eleanor Janes - Classical Singing Teacher