Find UK Tuition
Guillaume - French, Maths, English & 11+ Tutor in Fulham, West London
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- Hello, my name is Guillaume and I have been tutoring privately for over 3 years.
I am half-French and half-English and have completed most of my studies here in London.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach French to students from the ages of 5 upwards, including GCSE's, A-Levels and beyond, as well as teaching English and Maths to students from 5 up to 11+.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I was born in France, but due to my father's profession, lived in Poland, Germany and Singapore and went to French international schools in these countries.
I have a Baccalaureat in Economics and Social Sciences from the Academie de Versailles, as well as a diploma from Central Saint Martins and also trained at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) on the 3 year BA (Hons) degree in Professional Acting.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- • Intensive tuition programme over the school holidays to 2 students attending Eaton. Preparing for IGCSE, specific focus on speaking, writing and reading; using past papers and the exam’s specific curriculum. Both students received an A*.
• Support with essay writing to a student attending Eaton for his upcoming A level exam.
• Skype tuition to a boy in Y9 preparing for a French exam in order to join his new school, main topics of work were “La mode”, “Temps Libre”, “Les repas”, “La culture”. This student exceeded his expectations and got a much higher grade then expected.
• French conversation to a young lady who recently got a job in France. Sessions were aimed at practising and listening to French in order for her to regain confidence and ease as she had previously studied the language.
• Online tutoring with a student needing support with A level French AQA Exam, focusing on complex sentences, verb tenses, vocabulary and overall structure.
• Sports tuition to a brother and a sister aged 7 & 9 over the school holidays. Playing Basketball and Tennis.
• Currently teaching 3 students in Y3 on both Maths and English. Covering all aspects of the curriculum.
• Currently helping a student with A-level French attending Latymer school. Focusing on the oral side of the exam as well as the "Exposé" preparation. (French A/AS- WJEC)
• Teaching a 9 year old boy French who use to attend the Moscow French school, practising and developing his already strong knowledge of French to keep up and improve his level.
• Teaching conversational English to a 31 year old Russian Lady at a beginners level, worked on expressing herself freely, quickly, and in the correct manner, expanding and developing her vocabulary. Finding an ease and confidence as well as developing a strong foundation.
• Currently teaching IGCSE French to 2 girls attending Queen's Gate School who are applying for Cambridge. Focusing on writing, reading, listening and speaking skills through worksheets, books and exercises. Reinforcing sentence structure, verbs, vocabulary and general knowledge of French language and culture. Providing support with all aspects of the exam and all topics required.
• Teaching 9 students from Belleville Primary School over the course of 2 years, between 6 and 9 years of age, Literacy and Numeracy, focusing on enhancing reading and comprehension ability and introducing and developing spelling and grammar technique; engaging the children with these aspects of the english language through a mixture of analysis and practical work; encouraging the practise of the above skills in the imaginative exercice of creative writing. In numeracy, attention given to all aspects of the curriculum with a notable consideration of fractions, patterns and number sequences, problem solving, decimals, shapes, space and measures and an introduction to data and statistics; Inviting a sense of joy about the learning process by establishing an entertaining, interactive environment in which to learn: playing games, where possible, in order to achieve the learning objective in this way. Encouraging students to be unafraid of failing, so that they can learn from there mistakes rather than getting stuck on them.
• Teacher/mentor to a 5 year old Russian English-speaking boy from a V.I.P family. A creative approach towards teaching him beginner’s French by using his natural explorative curiosity in an engaging, fun and interactive manner. For example, developing his vocabulary and knowledge of French and practising phrases and expressions outdoors, while going for walks, playing football and discovering the wildlife in the park. Indoor activities have included Monopoly, card games and various other toys aiming at immersing him in listening and speaking the language by exclusively conversing with him in French.
• Teaching French to 5 year old Russian English-speaking triplets from a V.I.P. family: planning and intensive course of lessons based on each student’s individual interests to enthuse them about the language and set a strong foundation; developing their understanding by reading stories, drawing, practising words and phrases and pronunciation, as well as as using short video clips of cartoons in French and playing games; following progress and pushing students to their full potential.
• Currently tutoring: a 9 year old girl and a 10 year old boy from l’Ecole de Battersea (bilingual school); helping them with 11+Maths, English, reading, French, grammar in both English and French; inviting individual thinking so as to allow the students to unveil concepts for themselves; verbal reasoning and non-verbal reasoning; supporting comprehension; preparation for upcoming exams; encouraging and nurturing the students’ confidence and aptitudes; checking progress; putting together a plan of action to help the student master the subject matter and helping them focusing and develop discipline to get the best out of them.
• Teaching an 18 year old girl spoken and written French, grammar, conjugations, pronunciation, vocabulary expressions. Having a lesson plan which covers specific areas for each session; practising conversational French; doing exercises; setting homework; tracking their progress by assessment; keeping a vocabulary book; practising listening, reading, speaking and writing skills together.
• Experience in teaching young French students English in Paris and English students French in London.
• Giving tuition in audition preparation for drama school auditions; teaching vocal technique, including breath support, diction and accent; and searching for speeches and guidance on performance, both in London and Paris.
• Theatre and Education performance at the Centre George Pompidou for the exhibition “Pourquoi pas toi”- an exhibition for children aged 8 to 15; engaging children’s curiosity and doing workshops.
- How much do you charge?
- £45 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I am based in the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, usually tutoring in West London, although please feel free to contact me regardless of your location to see whether we can come to an arrangement. I am happy to teach over Skype for those living too far to travel to, or outside of London.
- When are you available?
- Please contact me with regards to this as I currently have students who have lessons booked in for fixed times during the week.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am happy to teach from 5 - adult, depending on the subject.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can prepare students for all French related exams (13+, GSCE, A levels etc.).
I teach English and Maths up to 11+ exams.
I also teach Drama School audition technique.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- We simply come to an agreement on a good time to book in for, and continue from where we left off in the last lesson. It is, quite often, useful and more interesting to make use of the student's surroundings, using your holiday location as inspiration for creative or descriptive writing tasks.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Yes, I tutor for a number of private tutoring agencies praised in the Good School's Guide.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Most of my students either start from scratch or need help in solidifying a subject, need help practising or support in specific areas or want to perfect their knowledge and excel.
I am currently teaching beginner French to Russian 5 year old triplets as well as conversational French to an 18 year old American girl who has a basic foundation of knowledge in the language. I have also taught children aged between 5 and 10 English and Maths at a school in Clapham, and currently have a long term 10 year old student working towards her 11+ exam, covering English, Maths, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I want my students to feel at ease and relaxed about the sessions. I am here to help them achieve the best they can and offer an approachable, patient and friendly style.
I always plan my lessons according to each specific student I have, follow a plan and focus on their weaknesses and try to enthuse them with the subject in a fun and interactive way.
I do expect my students to focus and work hard during the sessions and to do their homework.
I want to help my students grow in confidence and knowledge and get them to discover concepts and answers on their own.
Send a message to Guillaume
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
France and French culture have been major players in Europe as we know it today. France has contributed massively to the common cultural heritage of humanity. In theatre and literature, poetry and philosophy, painting and sculpture, architecture and music, some of the greatest names in history have been French, and their heritage...
Mr Guillaume Remy has been working as a tutor and homework assistant for my daughter aged nine years for the last four months .
I am extremely happy with his work and can say with certainty that he is a highly effective teacher .His total fluency in English and French is without question, but more importantly i have found him to be an exceptionally creative and well organised person who is innovative in his teaching methods and who makes thorough preparations for his lessons .
- Charlotte Schonberg
He immediately made a connection with my daughter in a natural and friendly manner and i am confident that he is capable of doing so with people of any age or situation due to his good communication skills.
Above all Guillaume has proved himself to be honest and reliable as well as discret and polite , I would highly recommend him to any perspective employer and am in no doubt that he will prove himself to be a valuable asset.
- Charlotte Schonberg
Testimonials are provided by the tutor and are not verified by The Tutor Pages