Find UK Tuition
Classical/ Jazz Trombone, Trumpet, Horn, Brass Teacher
- BMus(hons) RSAMD
- PGDipMus RSAMD
- Full PVG
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- Hi. Thanks for looking at my profile.
I'm a friendly and enthusiastic music tutor based in Central Scotland. I work throughout the country as a private instructor, conductor and performer.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach all brass instruments including brass band instruments, piano/keyboard and music theory.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I studied for 5 years at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music in Glasgow and gained a Batchelor of Music (performance) degree and a post-graduate diploma ion music performance. I was also awarded a LRAM, the teaching qualification from the Royal Academy of Music in London.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught for over 15 years in both group and one-on-one environments. I am currently a brass and piano tutor in Craigholme School in Glasgow and Ardvreck School and Morrisons Academy in Crieff. I am also the trombone tutor at the specialist music school Douglas Academy in Glasgow. I also teach individual pupils privately of all ages, from 4 to 80 years of age at the moment. I am a tutor for WOSIS and NYWES, two of the leading youth wind ensembles in the country and a busy conductor in the brass and wind band world. I am also a freelance performer in both the classical and commercial sphere throughout the UK.
- How much do you charge?
- My lessons are available in half-hour, 3/4 hour and full hour durations and cost £18, £24 and £30 respectively.
I am happy to do consultation lessons so we can meet and discuss what would be the best option for you.
I do charge for transportation in extreme circumstances but usually the lesson fee is all inclusive.
- Where do you teach?
- I am based in Dunfermline, Fife and pupils are welcome to come to me but I am happy to come to you for lessons in the Strathallan, Crieff, Auchterarder, Perth, Dundee or Edinburgh area.
I am also in Glasgow weekly and can organise lessons here as well.
- When are you available?
- My schedule is busy but a suitble time for lessons can usually be arranged, get in touch with your availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and all levels. I have had experience with pupils of every standard and from the age of 4 to 85.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I have an excellent record of entering over 180 pupils for both the ABRSM and Trinity Guildhall exam syllabus with a majority of merit and distinction level passes.
I can also prepare pupils for all levels of the current SQA requirements.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a current DBS certificate.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My main focus as a tutor has always been to make sure my pupils enjoy their music making as much as I do whilst progressing as quickly as possible. I'm happy to answer any queries you may have concerning music tuition with absolutely no obligation.
Send a message to Kenny Letham
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
This is one of the most common questions asked when a budding young musician decides they want to try a brass instrument. Unfortunately for a lot of tutors there are a lot of historically inaccurate but also firmly held beliefs by class teachers and other musicians that you have to be 'big and built' with 'lot of puff' to play a brass...
Browse other tutors below who provide Piano Lessons, and related subjects: